What is your favorite era?

Headless.Headphones

tumblr_n7zyzjPF5l1su17npo1_1280.jpg

I only saw this full version in the past year or two and it's so stunning. The album, the sex movie and book. I will never be able to fatham how she thought this is a direction, falling into place perfectly with what came before it. But man it's crazy what she was attempting; well sexy crazy. To make a song about oral sex and reference Colonel

Sanders, it's so beyond provocative!

Also love Madonna, True Blue, Ray of Light, Music, American Life, Confessions and Rebel Heart because it was the time I finally saw her and for songs like Holy Water and Borrowed Time being career highlights.

giphy.gif

whos that girl to blond ambiton will alwaysbe my favourite era - its when i first became a fan and always brings happy memories for me - i appreciate the erotica/girlie show era a lot more now than back then though - plus the videos were too amazing and never bettered(Bad Girl, Rain in particular)

Like A Prayer and Ray of Light. Nothing compares to those times. Bedtime Stories, Something to Remember and Evita were good because back in those days you never knew what was coming. Plus the music had great production, artwork was distinctive and she was focused on those projects.

But my passion for musical theatre started when Madonna was first supposed to do Evita in the early Nineties.

I played Magaldi in a regional production in 2001. My first role in a musical.

I heard the acetate of the soundtrack a few months in advance at Lucky Records in Paris, it was so special.

I saw the movie 9 times in theatres, 4 times on the same night, the day the movie came out. Oh what a night!!!

b7749f024f6739d0cb48af42d152817a.jpg

The Erotica/Sex Book/Girlie Show era ALL THE WAY for me!!

Same here. I'd probably say 1990 - 1993 is my favourite Madonna period.

My least favourite era would be American Life - nothing to do with the album or imagery (love both) but more to do with how seriously Madonna seemed to take herself in the interviews from that time, I really cringe re-watching them. 

I love a lot of eras, but I'd probably have to go with Confessions.  The album was a nonstop musical journey that took you to unexpected places. The electro vocal harmonies in Sorry, the strange musical landscapes like the beginning of How High and I Love New York. Future Lovers blew me away. The accompanying tour only solidified my love for this era with Stuart masterfully remixing Music, La Isla Bonita, Ray of Light, Like a Virgin, Let it Will Be, The Sorry Remix, and of course You Thrill Me. Pure perfection.

Not to mention the best Madonna tour intro to date. 

0325.jpg

She's in there!!

• 1 year later...

For me, each era has been a unique & joyous once-in-a-lifetime fan experience. It has been one long thrilling journey from one era to the next. Nothing beats the excitement of each new era and experiencing the era - the album & songs’ rumors, the leaks, the photo shoots, the tv appearances, the interviews, the tours etc. And I, for one, is loving the whole MADONNA journey.

For me, each era has been a unique & joyous once-in-a-lifetime fan experience. It has been one long thrilling journey from one era to the next. Nothing beats the excitement of each new era and experiencing the era - the album & songs’ rumors, the leaks, the photo shoots, the tv appearances, the interviews, the tours etc. And I, for one, is loving the whole MADONNA journey.

Amen! I couldn't have said this better myself!!

I'm going to sound like such a newbie. I didn't properly enjoy an era until probably the end of Confessions/Live Earth/Hard Candy since that's when I became a fan and followed her (thanks to a better internet speed)

Looking back I would say everything from the Like a Prayer era to the Erotica era my favorite. It's sublime, artistic, a masterpiece and despite the world loving her one minute (though not all the world and trashing her the next) she stood by her work and defended it tooth and nail instead of issuing a phony PR apology most people would in this current age. Seeing the progression in her work, tours, performances and incorporate a lot of styles, themes and personal touches, she truly proved everyone she wasn't going to be out of business or a flash in the pan. 

The second one world be Rebel Heart. I know speaking about the leaks isn't allowed but that sure was an exciting time when one Madonna site previewed the songs by describing them and when they slowly leaked and wouldn't stop. Every morning a new Madonna demo would hit the net and I was stunned how much material she recorded for the record and how the final version was a total contrast of it for better or worse depending on which song you preferred. The excitement when those six songs went on sale, the unveiling of the album cover, the premiere of Living For Love, the Grammys/Brits Awards, Ghosttown music video, Bitch I'm Madonna and the tour which brought back so many oldies but goodies we thought she'd never sing again and giving fans a much closer view of the woman who's captivated us for three decades and never stopped. 

I love Erotica and Confessions Eras, I have a crush for the Like a Prayer Era too because of all the religion controversy, the black hair and the videoclip, everything is so magical.

But to be honest I love all Madonna's Eras! Even Rebel Heart was very important for me because marked my beginning in the university and finally now I'm graduated in Arts College, Living for Love appeared just when me and my boyfriend broke so that song makes me feel stronger (the song Rebel Heart too).