Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Hum, converting flac files to 320 kpbs mp3 surely degrades the sound wave, but you would have to compare them on very high quality speakers to notice the difference. Listening to them through modern headsets isn't a proof of sound quality because a lot of them add bass compression, hence the messy sound.

Correct. Running them through a spectrogram or even Audacity will show you that these have been reencoded.

Guys, I just wonder... Has the "this" part at the beginning of "Bitch I'm Madonna" been "erased" in this recent final leak? I wanna know if any mastering (or post-post-producing) has been done to the 6 tracks we already bought via iTunes.

P.S. Is there a chance that any of forum's staff member creates a topic in which we could vote for a demo/album track version of the RH songs? Let's say there is a list of the songs from this album that appear as both the demo and the album version. In this thread we all discuss about what we like or we don't like about this recent material. I'd love to see the results of such voting. What do you think?

<hugs> for everyone :-)

I prefer all of the final album tracks to the demos.  The production is incredible, sounds fresh and not like she's chasing trends, and gives everything energy and cohesiveness that would have been lacking had some of the "heart" songs stayed more dance/pop.  They all still retain glorious pop melodies, but now the "heart" songs don't sound lacking in energy or jarringly odd next to the "rebel" songs.  

I also like them mixed together because listening to just "rebel" or "heart" songs as individual batches would become boring.  This album to me is a masterpiece with something for everyone, and I can listen to it all the way through without skipping anything, which is rare.  Ok, I can't stand the baby in Autotune Baby, but that's super deluxe so I can ignore it.  I'm still not a fan of the S.E.X. lyrics, but sonically it's catchy and as long as I ignore WHAT she's saying, I can groove along like Lukesavant said.

I'm also going to repent from my demo indifference to Hold Tight.  :lol:

It sounds anthemic instead of cheesy with the new production, and the lyrical change makes all the difference in making it a more positive continuation of the "living for love" message.

"I know we'll find a way, pushed to the limit with no end in sight" ????

became

"only love, only love tonight, like stars we're burning so bright"  :hearteyes:

i don't know what to THINK!!!listen many times now!is somethings misssing here?just don't get it!!!being a fan almost 30y!i don't get this vibe,or whatever fans call it now!! i so misss my queen!!!after that said!!! i really love,enjoy.... ICONIC,VVV,and the first 6 songs,and even AUTOTUNE BABY(get's stuck in my head!!!!)...and many others!!Demo's were so much! not saying better,but more attractive!!!!have to listen much MOOOOOORE!MISS HER!!!!!ANYWAY,thats my opinion NOW!!!STILL SORTING THIS OUT!!!! X

If she wants to release the album digitally earlier than in March she needs to release it BEFORE Grammy. The "premiere" of album after Grammy would be perfect but I'm afraid of rumors that Rihanna is going to release her new album after Grammy on iTunes.

I really hope Madonna will release the official material in a few days on iTunes because untill March the hype will disapper...

I need to contribute to this thread because just to be clear I respect all opinions but sometimes I read very rude reviews.

Living for love 10/10  powerful,I like this one since day one and I prefer the album version than the demo.

devil pray 10/10 the album version is so good, a gem .

ghosttown 7/10 beautiful song 

unapologetic bitch 7/10 I don't like reggae but this one make me laugh all the time lyrically.

illumaniti 8/10 I prefer the demo version but the lp version fits so good on the album.

bitch I'm madonna 6/10 I didn't like this one first but now I kinda like it but not one my best.

hold tight 8/10 I dislike this one when the demo came out but the lp version is very good and now I listen to it like at least 22 tracks of the album.My point is that some tracks are very reworked and very well.

Joan of arc 7/10 I prefer the demo version for this one not very into this new reworked sound.

iconic 10/10 one of my best, beside the lyrics than I adore, the music in the lp version is so good even the featuring don't disturb me at all and trust me normally I hate featuring.

heartbreak city 10/10 masterpiece

body shop 10/10 one of my best since the demo, I like both versions so a great song.I'm very surprised that most of peoples don't like it.

holy water 10/10 I need to tell you when I first listen to the demos I hate it, I only listen to it 2 times.but the lp versions is very different to what madonna does,  but that's the point who wants the same style of songs in 30 years of career ...I'm very into it and yes it's nasty and so what...everybody love sex no?

inside out 10/10 I like it so much , the demo was very cool but this version is everything.

wash all over me 10/10 if she had put the avicii version I would have put a 2/10 because this eurodance sound make me sick.her voice is so powerful and beautiful in this song it will be a mess(to me).the lp version is simply perfect.

best night 2/10 I try to like this one but I'm completely not in it.the chorus is so boring.this one is not for me.

veni vidi vici 10/10 like iconic it's not my cup of tea in music style but I like the demo and like this one even more.Same thing here the featuring is very cool especially when the loud music appear in the second part of Nas featuring.

S.E.X 8/10 when I first listen the demo, I was like...what did she say?but it was all, I wasn't in shocked by the lyrics.the demo was nice but the lp version is much better to me.

Messiah 9/10 the new arrangements are beautiful, a classic madonna song.

rebel heart 7/10 typical madonna song when I first listen to the demo this one is good I can't choose which version I like the most.

beautiful scars 6/10 I prefer with no doubt the demo version but I never be a fan of this one.

queen 10/10 don't know what to say, beautiful one.

borrowed time 10/10 this song was one of my favorite when the demos cames out and still is with this new version.love it.

graffiti heart 9/10 like both versions maybe the demo one a bit better.

Autotune baby 10/10 I love both versions for this one.the baby crying was annoying the first time but now I completely forgot it.

Addicted 2/10 first of all I never like the abba music and this one is too much abbaesque to me.it remind me the first time I listen to hung up.I never liked this one also just the version without this abba thing.the only thing I regret is the choice of this song for ending the record.

all that thing to say that I'm very impressed by the work done for this album.When I listen some demos and some final versions, I just think, what a journey what a good work.It's only my point of view you can like it or not but i'm in heaven this days;)

Don't know what to say abou the MadonnaTribe article:

The Standard, DeLuxe and Super DeLuxe packages will be joined by more additional formats, which will carry different designs and will vary according to the different local markets, with some dedicated versions possibly released locally and not worldwide.

We don't even have an official announcement of the Super DeLuxe edition and they are supposed to released different designs for different local markets ? Milking fans anyone ? :suffer::cry: :1f614:

I know you can say: "you don't have to buy all those editions !". I find it quite unfair. I really hope those sales don't count for local charts.

CHERISH

"Celebration" Album Version / Album Edit (3:51)

This edit very closely resembles the „The Immaculate Collection†version, but the original guitar snares at 3:16 & 3:20 reveal that it's an edit of the 1989 original. This preliminary mix may have been used for the „TIC†remix. First pressings with error – at the end „Cherish your strength/Can't get away, I won't let youâ€, instead of „Cherish your strength/I could never forget toâ€

"Celebration" Album Version Corrected (3:51)

Verses at the end mixed properly

EROTICA

â€Celebration†Album Edit (4:30)

The edits occur at 0:00 & 3:27. While similar to the original album edit from 1992, this version is slightly different and the second cut (3:27) is not as seamless

â€Celebration†Album Edit Corrected (4:30)

No mistake at 3:27

Generally, Celebration is a mess with many glitches and errors in editing

Thank you a lot ! How can I say this is the right/wrong Celebration ? May I check a number somewhere on the cd or the backcover ?

After four listens, I can say that I REALLY like the album! It's powerful and super fun. I really like this new versions more than the demos (the only one that I kind of like more in demo form is Inside Out, but I still enjoy the new version).

My faves: Iconic, Joan of Arc, HeartBreakCity, Living for Love, Ghosttown and Holy Water (it's still funny to realise this was the song everyone hater M for including on the album lmaoo).

I don't dislike any songs but the ones I won't be listening to 28/7 are S.E.X and Illuminati.