Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

I'm doubting the iPhone event rumors even more now.....

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/03/u2-iphone-6-launch-rumors/

TBH U2 does seem more of a fit for the Apple brand than Madonna, being that they're pretty safe unlike Madonna who is still a bit of a risk perhaps. It'd be interesting to see how U2's album is gonna be received by billboard, media traffic and others if it comes préloaded on the iPhone.

Well looks like album next year.

Agreed. But she has been teasing us for months about something coming soon, so something must have happened. But then it’s really not that unusual to change direction, sound, and collaborators for the album. We know it happened with BS, ROL, and Music. I love that Madonna isn't "rushing" the album. That was one of the major complaints by some fans for MDNA. This time she is making sure she serves us a perfectly baked product.

TBH U2 does seem more of a fit for the Apple brand than Madonna, being that they're pretty safe unlike Madonna who is still a bit of a risk perhaps. It'd be interesting to see how U2's album is gonna be received by billboard, media traffic and others if it comes préloaded on the iPhone.

agreed, remember the U2 special edition black & red iPod?  but then there were rumors of a Madonna special edition iPod

ooh maybe she's gonna have her own special edition iWatch?  prob not this year tho.......

This all reminds me of Ray of Light....I remember everyone thought it'd be out fall of '97 & she kept working on it & it resulted in the masterpiece it was.  But then she seemed to shit out Confessions & Like A Prayer rather quickly.  I guess it's just ready when its ready & some things take longer.  MDNA would've been a much stronger album if it had that Huge lead single that it lacked, along with some other changes (flush superstar down the toilet).  Maybe if she hadn't had to get back on tour (as per her contract I'm sure) she would've kept working on MDNA.

sorry about the rapid fire posts....they put me on a new blood pressure medication & i think it flipped on a few extra switches!  (JK...I'm drinking my morning coffee, so....)

ANYWAY, she always releases albums in oct/nov or march/april.....I'd be surprised (maybe thats the point though) if she releases anything outside these time frames.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6243636/pop-shop-podcast-martin-kierszenbaum-madonna-summer-winners-ariana-grande?utm_source=twitter

Martin Kierszenbaum Talks New Madonna

This week's podcast features an interview with Martin Kierszenbaum, the head of Cherrytree Records and the artist Cherry Cherry Boom Boom; the veteran record executive discusses his work on Madonna's hotly anticipated next project, ...

Martin Kierszenbaum talks about him working in the studio with Madonna and Natalia Kills. “I’m very proud of it,†Martin says.

He brought his keyboards with him. Martin Kierszenbaum says that recording with Madonna was a “real prilivege.â€

He reveals that they recorded about 7 songs and worked together for a couple of days. According to Kierszenbaum those were “very traditional writing sessions†with him on the piano and Madonna and Natalia Kills around him.

It was really funny.. and I’m a big Madonna fan…
“I don’t know what she’s gonna use from the sessions,†says Martin. “But it was just an honour and Madonna was pretty wonderful, so talented.â€

Agreed. But she has been teasing us for months about something coming soon, so something must have happened. But then it’s really not that unusual to change direction, sound, and collaborators for the album. We know it happened with BS, ROL, and Music. I love that Madonna isn't "rushing" the album. That was one of the major complaints by some fans for MDNA. This time she is making sure she serves us a perfectly baked product.

I've never thought MDNA was a rushed project... sure, there was shitty promo around it but let's not forget she announced it in December 2010... and started recording it in July 2011... We got it officially released in late March 2012 so... The fact that Solveig could not even finish his songs in a more 'professional' way it's a whole different story. I Fucked Up could have been such a great production but still lacks that completely baked feeling. Whatever :stare:

so I am torn.  But ultimately I'm going to go with my gut.

So, a few things..

This forum and other forums are actually the best places for these discussions.  There is good and there is bad related to if any of this info should have been revealed and if any of you have bounced around and read other forums or pages you know (separate from the actual demo song descriptions) this is a hotly debated topic.

I have known about these real listens for many weeks now.  No, I have not heard them, but people I know have.  

The good-  From a fan perspective its like Christmas morning.  You can start to put the next Madonna album into perspective for yourself.  I get that. (I think that may be the only good I can think of)

The bad- These are demos still.  The track list has not been finalized.  From my knowledge some songs are so good the album will be a smash hit.... but shouldn't that be something you would want to wait for after a track list is set?  There is worry that still some good songs that are not only being described but opinions given, may not make it now onto the album.  The thing is, this wasn't an official industry listening party of the final album.  This is commentary from demos heard over the internet of an unfinished album.  Doesn't this raise any concerns now that this is known?

Hey, I can't knock DrownedMadonna or Madonnarama...  They are doing what they want.  And who knows... this could be some reverse market test that we don't know about and Madonna is completely behind this all, we just don't know.   From what I do know, Madonna knows the reception from Hard Candy and MDNA was that both albums missed a mark and seemed rushed.  She is purposely trying to avoid this.  Madonna is being extremely critical of this release and it is very very important to her.  I just want or rather hope somewhere in our sphere of fandom that we can respect her enough to let her accomplish her goal.

that's all I wanted to say.  :wink:

That's very true, but at the end of the day what matters to me the most are audio leaks. Hopefully they won't happen this time around... though that's difficult.

Other than that I'm way more excited now than I was before, her "official" teasers didn't do much for me..

I thought the only song that leaked ahead of release during the MDNA era was Give Me All Your Luvin'...were there others? What leaks occurred during the Hard Candy era?