Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

What really excites me, and I haven't hear the final product, most songs seem totally appropriate for an unplugged session. I know she mentioned it before, trying to cater to that. And she really did well. I'm hoping she does some form of unplugged performance of these songs. They're so personal and great for that kind of mood setting :)

First impressions... in the main, the album is fantastic. It's great to hear the beefed up production and arrangements, which vastly improve a lot of songs that were less than promising in demo form. Iconic is actually really captivating, while HeartBreakCity is simply astounding (it was great in demo form and even better now, although I admit to kind of missing the 'I still feel shitty' ending) and Wash All Over Me takes its cue from the breathtaking piano demo, which I was hoping it would.Some criticisms... the overbearing presence of NAS on Veni Vidi Vici more or less kills the track for me. I really don't want to hear about him at all when the track should be M's alone. I definitely prefer the demo. Autotune Baby seems like a cool song but is rendered almost unlistenable by that horrible baby sample. That noise really gives me the creeps and has no right being on a pop record. I'm also not feeling the reworking of Beautiful Scars and I've always thought Graffiti Heart was pedestrian.This might not be a popular opinion but I would almost make a case for the 14 track standard version as being the definitive statement. There are one or two nice additions after that (I quite like Best Night, Queen is good and Addicted has always been cool) but I think the Super Deluxe version is overstuffed. The first 14 tracks, however, supplies you with almost an hour of pure pop bliss.

I hope the rumour is true and this ain't the final version

i've not downloaded it as excited about the release in March

Hopefully I will get it sooner now and she will bring the date forward so I can buy it the way she intended.

I'm sure it is a final version. All are in high quality also.

LOL

Where did that come from?

Random dude posts a Drake song on VK and everyone goes bonkers.

Better learn how to use Google Translate.

What ? i don't know what you are talking about (a random guy posting a Drake song on VK)

All i'm saying is that several people on forums claims that it is not the final album that has laked and also that Drake is now featuring on "Best Night". It could be true as Drake himself as posted two pics of Madonna on Instagram in the last couple of days with vague captions : "i wanna ride with you" and "What if I pick you up from your house? We should get out" and Madonna herself responds in the comments :

Posted ImagePosted Image