Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Nothing new but good summary of what we know.

http://www.idolator.com/7523598/madonna-new-album-2014-william-orbit?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Madonna has rounded up an impressive roster of collaborators for her next album, the follow-up to 2012′s MDNA. As she’s shown on Instagram, she’s teamed up with both reliable pop songwriters (MoZella, Symbolyc One, Toby Gad) and cutting-edge producers (DiploAvicii, maybe Disclosure) alike. Besides that, though, she’s revealed little else about the actual music: What does it sound like? When will it be released? How will it compare to her greatest hits?

Keep in mind, Orbit praised Britney's latest album. Now I don't judge how bad an album by it's recpetion because I actually like a lot of it, but as you know people usually follow what the popular people say.

30 years. I can't complain because every album kept me entertained. So I have no doubt Madonna will

do the same with the next.

I hate how some say he's shading Madonna  because he did only say "sounds good", if he didnt like it he wouldn't have said anything, he is close to M so I doubt he couldn't say it to her directly :lol:

Of all the people she's collaborating with this time, I wonder what we are going to get with Diplo :mama010:

Is this really his "remix"?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwGukmL0NI8

I hate how some say he's shading Madonna  because he did only say "sounds good", if he didnt like it he wouldn't have said anything, he is close to M so I doubt he couldn't say it to her directly :lol:

Of all the people she's collaborating with this time, I wonder what we are going to get with Diplo :mama010:

Is this really his "remix"?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwGukmL0NI8

I dont think its shade either, not even all the stuff he posted about mdna, yes hes a bit ratchet but honest in the end.

I dont know about that remix it sounds kinda a mess but ok. I do like the stuff I've heard from him, and I'm interested in what he comes up with but I hope she doesn't water him down like she did with M.I.A.  :speakno:

Yeah, I'm not too keen on Diplo's work, so I'm hoping Madonna influence will keep it down to earth some. His sounds seems a bit harsh for her style of music.

Paul Moss, who works for a PR Company in London connected to Soundscan, tweeted this on June 26th:

This is what we have:Gaga&Tony,Swift,Rihanna,Susan Boyle,Take That,ID, Streisand,Buble,Olly Murs - Possible Madonna and Adele for Q Release.

He left out the 4. It should be Q4. If true, then October at the earliest and November at the latest.

Release dates for past albums and first singles:

Madonna TFA - July 27, 1983

Like a Virgin - November 12, 1984; Like a Virgin - November 6, 1984

True Blue - June 30, 1986; Live to Tell - March 26, 1986

Like a Prayer - March 21, 1989; Like a Prayer - March 3, 1989

Erotica - October 20, 1992; Erotica - October 11, 1992

Bedtime Stories - October 25, 1994; Secret - September 27, 1994

Ray of Light - March 3, 1998; Frozen - February 23, 1998

Music - September 19, 2000; Music - August 21, 2000

American Life - September 19, 2000; American Life - April 8, 2003

COADF - November 11, 2005; Hung Up - October 18, 2005

Hard Candy - April 19, 2008; 4 Minutes - March 17, 2008

MDNA - March 23, 2012; GMAYL - February 3, 2012

Hope the first listen of her lead single is not as frightening as it was GMAYL :Madonna041:

Your opinion....

Anyway, I suspect that the album will drop closer to the end of the year (late October/Nov.), but if they are smart they would drop two singles before the album. If they do that, by September, we should be hearing a new single from her.

Btw, the source for Diplo's quote: "If I'm doing something with Madonna, I'm trying to push the envelope." 

l like the sound of that! I'm so dying to hear these collabs! Even though I liked the Timbaland sounds on Hard Candy, his stuff really hadn't evolved much at that point, then say a few years prior - so that's encouraging to hear from Diplo.  

Your opinion....

Anyway, I suspect that the album will drop closer to the end of the year (late October/Nov.), but if they are smart they would drop two singles before the album. If they do that, by September, we should be hearing a new single from her.

I hope she drops 2 singles before the album. Having 2 strong hits would surely help the album sale when it's released. But she did that only once with the True Blue album - LTT and PDP.

I hope she drops 2 singles before the album. Having 2 strong hits would surely help the album sale when it's released. But she did that only once with the True Blue album - LTT and PDP.

She never went on tour a few months after her album dropped either, until MDNA! To me, that is a smart move. All this chatter from some fans that she should have waited and promoted the album more before touring, are not seeing Madonna would not have benefited from that move and most likely won't from this point on. Fans have to realize, once the album is finished, it's up to her team and whomever is backing her to make the biggest bang for their buck. They leave it to Madonna to share the creativity and music, but it's up to her team to make sure she profits big from it. It's insane to think they would spend all this money to promote, do free promotional gigs, etc, when they know she can quickly go on tour and generate much more money. Madonna is a big business. Videos alone cost a lot of money to make. An immediate tour will quickly make back money spent to record the album and any early promotion leading up to a release. Most musicians tour immediately when dropping an album, unless they are a huge act like Madonna who makes elaborate tour plans.

Whatever she does with the first single release (before dropping the album), must make an impact. She had the Superbowl last time around. You can't get much bigger than that (at least in the U.S.). I'm sure it wasn't cheap to pay out the money to make sure "GMAYL" was played on the radio that week leading up to the Superbowl. This means, they may to think far more outside the box and do things that she never did before. A huge profile performance could be the trick. I'm not sure MTV Video Awards is the trick though. People stopped watching that long ago. Most fans only tune in, if they know she's going to perform. I personally think she should roll out a televised one off concert special around the holidays. Of course, that will cost a lot of money, but they can recoup the money by selling a DVD of the show afterwards (and not take six months to edit). It could be a blue print of an upcoming world tour the following spring/summer.

Yup, the L-U-V Madonna! chant was the best motherfuckin thing she's ever done for a first single, it seriously KILLED the whole project, til the tour bagan of course.

I loved GMAYL! I thought the "L-U-V" was addictive and snappy. It was perfect for a Superbowl performance and a perfect set up for what was to come for the album and tour imo. 

Hmm... Maybe if she did something like Sia did with Chandelier : lyrics video, actual video and live performances (which are awesome, btw) but we don"t know yet how this will affect her sales, espcially now her album has leaked.

Also : this is not 1986 anymore, when Madonna had just finished her Virgin/I'm-a-phenomenon era and there was great anticipation as to what was going to be her next move. In fact, this is exact opposite : aside from the tour, MDNA is not an album that will be remembered. It's only record is "biggest sales drop after one week" or something like that.

She needs to create anticipation around her comeback, and toothbrush selfies aren't really helping, IMO.

I loved GMAYL! I thought the "L-U-V" was addictive and snappy. It was perfect for a Superbowl performance and a perfect set up for what was to come for the album and tour imo. 

Yup, it was perfect for the Super Bowl, perfect as a buzz single but nope, she let the audience consider it as the lead single of her new studio album after 4 fuckin years, a period of time in which the Gaga, Rihanna, Perry pop domination took place. With GMAYL Madonna was  compared to the likes of Avril Lavigne and a who? from Girls Aloud, I don't even remember her name. What is worst, I'm sure many people lost interest in the rest of the album thinking that it would be the same as the childish first single.

However, I cannot deny that the song was one of the highlights at the MDNA tour, it was energetic but it was a remix. In my opinion, it would have worked as a rock performance as well.

I think there is a chance Madonna will promote her next album to a degree, not only because MDNA underperformed when it couldve benefited from promotiom but also because she has no other projects going on at the same time that will stop her from doing it.So fans hopefully will be pleased. :) Most of the money from touring probably goes to live nation and Madonna and not to the record label that pays for the album and music videos so the album has to sell a decent amount, especially because ticket sales in the future will begin to suffer if she continues with the model of mostly playing new songs. Theres already been a decline in ticket sales with the MDNA Tour which wouldnt have happened if the album had been succesful and the complaints about songs people didnt care about were more prominent than ever before.This is a tricky time for her, since i doubt shes going to start doing nostalgia filled greatest hits tours in small theaters this soon, she does need to have succesful albums to fill stadiums and keep the public interested, this time shell probably make an effort with promo, because also she knows the fans want it.