Madonna Tours rumors/outtakes/plans etc.

rebelheartgermany

• madgefan pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/29/2018 at 1:18 AM, Papa DP said:

Which of these songs, that are frequently performed live, will be omitted during the next tour?

any guesses?

la isla bonita

holiday

like a virgin

ray of light

like a prayer

candy shop

vogue

hung up

Wow, she only kept 3. Two since La Isla Bonita has only a chorus.

• 5 months later...

This isn’t rumors, just my own thoughts: Rebel Heart Tour should’ve had more Rebel Heart album tracks like Hold Tight, Inside Out, Joan of Arc, Best Night and most of all Ghosttown! Freaking Ghosttown as an opening theme or any properly planned and apocalypse-themed performance. It’s the second single, and one of her best songs. Why ditch that in favor of a terrible medley that ruined three great songs or an opener that felt like a recreation of MDNA Tour, albeit weaker??

Also, closing with Holiday felt uninspired. The song was used too many times as a closing track and it wasn’t in any way reinvented or enthusiastic here.

The Girlie Show... I still can’t believe that she ditched Bad Girl... another great single that she tends to neglect, and same goes for Drowned World your not including Nothing Really Matters, I Want You, You’ll See and Bedtime Story... ugh.

Re-Invention Tour should’ve had Die Another Day as the closing track, even though I love the way they did Holiday, and she should’ve performed East Ride, X-Static Process, I’m So Stupid and Love Profusion. MDNA Tour should’ve had a proper Love Spent performance from the start of the tour, I’m glad she added it later and filmed it, though and she should’ve done more MDNA tracks; Falling Free and Beautiful Killer are among her best songs ever with so much potential for a live performance.

Confessions Tour did almost everything perfectly well, but I wish she did Everybody in addition to Lucky Star and La Isla Bonita and performed How High, at least as an interlude.

No one does tours as beautifully as she does and also nobody ditches great tracks and potential great opportunities like her, either.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Die Another Day being the original closer for the Re-Invention Tour sounds interesting. That was my favourite rendition of Holiday though so I am glad it was changed, although I’d love to find out the plans they had for that performance one day.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

Interesting to read that Swim was almost included on the Drowned World Tour. I think that and Nothing Really Matters could have been great additions to the geisha section. 

Blond Ambition Tour :

La isla Bonita instead of Holiday

Gaultier had already designed the costume for La Isla (pics)

So Marlene Stewart made the polka dots costume for Holiday.

(Source French daily newspaper Liberation, a Gaultier interview when Blond ambition hit Paris. Madonna was on the cover)

20110708-pictures-madonna-jean-paul-gaultier-book-09.jpg

20110708-pictures-madonna-jean-paul-gaultier-book-03.jpg

• 7 months later...

Madonna has said several times that Madame X Tour wasn't the final version of the show yet, that things were still to be added. What do you think was left behind? Rescue Me and Easy Ride are probably obvious guesses, but where do you think they were meant to be, setlist-wise? We can guess the same happened to RHT since she posted a workshop video with Hold Tight and the dancers playing big drums to its beat. Maybe it would have worked as a second song? 

33 minutes ago, Ekans said:

Madonna has said several times that Madame X Tour wasn't the final version of the show yet, that things were still to be added. What do you think was left behind? Rescue Me and Easy Ride are probably obvious guesses, but where do you think they were meant to be, setlist-wise? We can guess the same happened to RHT since she posted a workshop video with Hold Tight and the dancers playing big drums to its beat. Maybe it would have worked as a second song? 

I assume some more American Life tracks were to be filled out either in the Fado section or around Frozen and Future. But honestly thank god this tour wasn’t anylonger. It was like 2 and a half hours and ended at 2:30AM. Exhausting week with work and all

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 hours ago, Ekans said:

Rescue Me, Easy Ride and You Must Love Me were definitely rehearsed and cut from what I can remember. She also hinted at X-Static Process and What It Feels Like For a Girl, although I don't think she was being serious about the latter. There was also a video of Malik dancing to Falling Free so maybe that was intended for an interlude.

I imagine You Must Love Me was planned for the fado section since she was rumoured to be singing it in Portuguese. I'm not sure where Rescue Me and Easy Ride were planned for, but personally I can picture Easy Ride at the end of the first section and Rescue Me after Frozen.

So I've been looking at crew itineraries on Google for M's tours; the original BAT European itinerary was the following:

July 27/28 1990 - Madrid (28th cancelled, Vigo added on July 29)

July 30 1990 - Barcelona (rescheduled to August 1, July 31 show or pencilled in but never announced)

August 3 1990 - either Florence or Verona, Italy

August 5 1990 - Nice.

Also, I saw that The Girlie Show was to stop in Beijing at the Workers' Gymnasium. Sorry if all this has already been posted!

Edited by Where's The Party? (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Rescue Me, Easy Ride and You Must Love Me were definitely rehearsed and cut from what I can remember. She also hinted at X-Static Process and What It Feels Like For a Girl, although I don't think she was being serious about the latter. There was also a video of Malik dancing to Falling Free so maybe that was intended for an interlude.

I imagine You Must Love Me was planned for the fado section since she was rumoured to be singing it in Portuguese. I'm not sure where Rescue Me and Easy Ride were planned for, but personally I can picture Easy Ride at the end of the first section and Rescue Me after Frozen.

I had forgotten about YMLM! As a native portuguese speaker I'd love to hear her portuguese rendition of it, it probably got replaced by Sodade which I'm looking forward to hearing in professional quality. I do think the same about Easy Ride, I'm not so sure if AL songs would fit well in the Fado section. Rescue Me would be an excelent opener or 2nd song following God Control, or even somewhere near Vogue/IDSIF. It's a shame she teased us so much and we haven't even got to see an actual performance of it.

20 hours ago, Shoful said:

I assume some more American Life tracks were to be filled out either in the Fado section or around Frozen and Future. But honestly thank god this tour wasn’t anylonger. It was like 2 and a half hours and ended at 2:30AM. Exhausting week with work and all

Haha if only she started earlier! Then I wouldn't mind staying like 3 hours seeing her live.

Guys I heard it was rumored she was going to Premiere Candy Shop during RIT. It was written for Hello Suckers and she wanted to include it after Lament. Originally it was a ballad and she planned to stand in the Lament chair as it rode up and down while screaming “Get up outta ya seat, I got something delish for ya”

Also rumored to make an appearance as the encore on Madame X. All the Batuqeudeiras were gonna come out in pink latex suits while holding giant lollipops

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Regarding Love profusion, I've heard the rumor about the Headcleanr Mix but then I remember it was said there were plans to replace the snippet Intervention with a snippet of Love Profusion during the European leg of the tour. The rumors that a full performance of Love Profusion was to replace Nothing Fails was new to me.

On 6/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, Where's The Party? said:

RIT was meant to have stops in Scotland and Israel. 

This is true as I had paid for VIP seats for London and had been allocated a shit seat, and I emailed her manager (not expecting a reply) Caresse and she did reply, she was absolutely lovely and changed my location to second row. Anyway, I remember asking if any dates would be added in Scotland and she replied “we wish and tried but no arena is able to hold the catwalk” which descended from the roof.

uch a lovely woman as was Angela Becker too.

10 hours ago, alanuk said:

This is true as I had paid for VIP seats for London and had been allocated a shit seat, and I emailed her manager (not expecting a reply) Caresse and she did reply, she was absolutely lovely and changed my location to second row. Anyway, I remember asking if any dates would be added in Scotland and she replied “we wish and tried but no arena is able to hold the catwalk” which descended from the roof.

uch a lovely woman as was Angela Becker too.

Oh wow, that's a cool story.

The only arena I imagine she would've played in Scotland at the time was the SECC in Glasgow - quite shocking they couldn't have held the catwalk from the roof, but there you go!

On 4/9/2021 at 5:39 PM, Shoful said:

Guys I heard it was rumored she was going to Premiere Candy Shop during RIT. It was written for Hello Suckers and she wanted to include it after Lament. Originally it was a ballad and she planned to stand in the Lament chair as it rode up and down while screaming “Get up outta ya seat, I got something delish for ya”

Also rumored to make an appearance as the encore on Madame X. All the Batuqeudeiras were gonna come out in pink latex suits while holding giant lollipops

Cant be as Candy Store wasn't recorded till 2007 it was actually "The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You".