Re-recorded vocals for remixes

Luiz Ribeiro

Yesterday I was listening Don't cry For Me Argentina (Pablo Flores Miami Mix), and I realized that the vocal was totally re-recorded for the remix (included Nikki Harris backing vocals), something that was very common at the time with Mariah Carey, Whitney among others. What songs did Madonna re-record the vocals for remixes that you remember?

what about Into The Groove remix by Shep Pettibone on You Can Dance?

Those vocals were all on the master tapes already.

I read somewhere back in 2005 in a Stuart Price interview that the Paper Faces Remix of Let It Will Be was made with re-recorded vocals too... altough it is not as obvious as it is in the case of DCFMA. :thinker:

I believe no new vocals were recorded but some of the scratch or outtake vox have been used to remix.

Melodyne!

Ok, lol, i'll admit, i've never heard of this word until i just googled it now...

Really? It's just the original vocal that's had it's pitch altered? Man, how disappointing! I liked the idea of it being an unused lead/BG vocal.

I guess they (Felix Da Housecat) did the same with their Die Another Day mixes? I always thought thought that M rerecorded those vocals or they were unused vocals for that mix too. What a damed fool lol. I know pitch can be altered but i didn't know that it was used in these mixes. I thought they were specially recorded or unused.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Yes and the only reason DCFMA had re recoded vocals was cause madonna also helped with the mix I believe.

I think also that the original vocal was at such slow tempo it might not translate into dance remix so well, so new vocals were needed.

Whatever the story, the mix is great and the rerecorded vocals have got more punch and energy which fits with the feel of the mix. If the original vocals were used i don't think it would have worked as good.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

I read somewhere back in 2005 in a Stuart Price interview that the Paper Faces Remix of Let It Will Be was made with re-recorded vocals too... altough it is not as obvious as it is in the case of DCFMA. :thinker:

Yeah but he did the album version too so it prob started out as an alternate demo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the confessions tour studio versions of i feel love, like a virgin, you thrill me ? im pretty sure LAV was re-recorded ?

Well yeah but that's completely different. Almost always, she re-records vocals for demos used for tour versions but we're talking about officially released remixes.

I believe she re-recorded vocals for the Silver Screen mix of Causing a Commotion. Or at least Shep was given a different vocal take, although Billboard did report in 1987 that Madonna and Shep were in the studio remixing the track, so seems she did re-record.

Yes, that uses a different take on the multitracks I believe (common that master tapes have more than 1 take of the lead vox), but they were not re-recorded especially for that remix.