Lucky Star aka the first album

Guest ArthurBadin

I'd prefer LS original name and cover if it wasn't for the purpose of finalized, released album. Maybe LS would include Ain't No Big Deal instead of Holiday, so the original cover would be more appropriate for the first tentative album.

The Lucky Star pics are gorgeous, but I think she looks very soft and romantic... maybe not that fitting for that straight-in-your-face dance album. But with 2 or 3 ballads on the album it could have worked.

The final "Madonna" cover is iconic and sexy. Not sure why they used that certain pic though. She looks a bit stressed and complicated, doesn't she? Well, she needed a HOLIDAY! :lol:

The "First album" cover really was a mess. They used the worst pic from that photo session.

Guest ArthurBadin

Ah dear @@Headless.Headphones your cover wins over both official ones and the early one, for sure! Awesome!

By the way, I've downloaded all 95 photos from Madonna cover session posted on the Russian site you provided and all their respectives thumbnails. Such a big task to do! But anyway ty darling @@Headless.Headphones !

I always really loved the original concept for the album, however, it would have made for a less iconic first release. Its beautiful, but very 'adult contemporary'. It would be interesting if one day they released the first album in this Lucky Star concept as a limited RSD release

By the way, I've downloaded all 95 photos from Madonna cover session posted on the Russian site you provided and all their respectives thumbnails. Such a big task to do! But anyway ty darling @@Headless.Headphones !

@@ArthurBadin Is there any chance that you upload them and share them here, please? I can't seem to download them... :(

Guest ArthurBadin

@@ArthurBadin Is there any chance that you upload them and share them here, please? I can't seem to download them... :(

@@Enrico In the main page provided by @@Headless.Headphones, I clicked with the right button of mouse on every single of the 95 thumbnails and choosed "save image as" on a folder. Then I clicked on very single thumbnail to get access to every single direct link to every single photo. With every them I clicked with the right button of the mouse and made the same thing. It seems it doesn't have a direct download button so this was what I did. It gave me a lot of job but you don't need to finish loading all 95 pages, just the photo on every single of them. I could not upload all of them since I deleted them from my PC and don't know on what DVD-R I burned them. I could search for it, but my upload speed is very slow and it would take me more time to do it. Just click on the page provided above, click on the 95 thumbnails to get them by saving them on any folder off your PC and then click on the thumbnails to get the direct links to them, so click on the photos with the right button of mouse so you get all them. I hope I've been useful. Sorry for not uploading them (I don't even know how to upload any file in a file-sharing site, if it's necessary paying for it or not), but I could try do this in the future, if you cannot get all photos by the way I taught you. Anyway, it's not difficult to do it so given the fact the main link still works. See you!

Guest ArthurBadin

95  :laughing: are they pretty high resolution because that is a lot of space lol

@@Headless.Headphones Actually not too much space. Less than 50 MB counting all thumbnails and actual photos. The average size of an actual photo from that series is indeed 300 kB. A thumbnail from it has the average size of 8kB.

Guest ArthurBadin

@@Enrico In the main page provided by @@Headless.Headphones, I clicked with the right button of mouse on every single of the 95 thumbnails and choosed "save image as" on a folder. Then I clicked on very single thumbnail to get access to every single direct link to every single photo. With every them I clicked with the right button of the mouse and made the same thing. It seems it doesn't have a direct download button so this was what I did. It gave me a lot of job but you don't need to finish loading all 95 pages, just the photo on every single of them. I could not upload all of them since I deleted them from my PC and don't know on what DVD-R I burned them. I could search for it, but my upload speed is very slow and it would take me more time to do it. Just click on the page provided above, click on the 95 thumbnails to get them by saving them on any folder off your PC and then click on the thumbnails to get the direct links to them, so click on the photos with the right button of mouse so you get all them. I hope I've been useful. Sorry for not uploading them (I don't even know how to upload any file in a file-sharing site, if it's necessary paying for it or not), but I could try do this in the future, if you cannot get all photos by the way I taught you. Anyway, it's not difficult to do it so given the fact the main link still works. See you!

By the way, @@Enrico I've just saw you liked my post. Was it useful to you? See you.

To me the 'Madonna' cover signals her personality; when I first laid my eyes on it in 2006, I immediately felt what she put on the table in the beggining of her carrer, like a ship that embarks on a dangerous journey.. Gary Heery's cover signals the next level on Madonna's career, the toyboy-vixen-post-disco-dolly that general public had a crush on or deeply hated.. both are ICONIC but i prefer the first one

• 1 month later...

I have both "Madonna" and "Lucky Star", just listened to the latter on vinyl today. I think I will join the majority and go with the "Madonna" cover and title.

where and how did you get Lucky Star? is it musically any different than Madonna?

also I love that almost no one likes that The First Album re-release- was the original Madonna album, with the original cover art, too hard to get until the 2001 remaster release?

• 1 year later...
On 5/9/2017 at 2:02 AM, mr00mister said:

where and how did you get Lucky Star? is it musically any different than Madonna?

also I love that almost no one likes that The First Album re-release- was the original Madonna album, with the original cover art, too hard to get until the 2001 remaster release?

I must have been out of my mind writing this!! I was clearly referring to “The First Album”, not an unreleased album! I don’t know what I was thinking, sorry!