The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

...And the man who brought her in November and December of that year to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide was Michael Gudinski, the leading figure in the Australian music industry. Recently Gudinski talked to Gold FM Radio about the Australian leg of The Rolling Stones' current tour "14 On Fire" being postponed to an indefinite date due to the sudden death of Mick Jagger's life partner, L'Wren Scott. During the interview he accidentally revealed that Live Nation is already in talks with Australian organizers to get Madonna perform there in 2015!

Read more: http://www.ultramadonna.com/en/news/291/madonna_in_australia_in_2015#ixzz35qcyitDX

I prefer a smaller venue. Never had issue with getting good seats at one.

As for Australia, fans seem to think Madonna just brushed off Australia on the MDNA tour. I don't believe she intentionally meant to leave them out, but it was scheduling conflicts. A lot places anymore need up to a year in advance to book.

She MUST go to Australia on the next tour, she's been promising for 10 years! Should've gone with MDNA Tour rather than go again to SouthAmerica, though selfish me is happy I got to see her on the triangle and everything.  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

I wonder if she cancelled the Australia plans because she was exhausted though. Its weird that it didn't happen at all.

She MUST go to Australia on the next tour, she's been promising for 10 years! Should've gone with MDNA Tour rather than go again to SouthAmerica, though selfish me is happy I got to see her on the triangle and everything.  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

I wonder if she cancelled the Australia plans because she was exhausted though. Its weird that it didn't happen at all.

My impression was that it was because scheduling conflicts of the venue she was hoping to perform at. As mentioned, most venues must be scheduled long in advance, and I think she intended to perform in Australia, but couldn't  get a date scheduled for the show. If you recall, they did have plans to announce further dates in Australia, but it fell through.

In her apology here, she addresses that she had "every intention", but pretty much said her family comes first. I don't fault her there especially if she tried to schedule a date before it was too late:

Well, I believe the real deal is that she couldn't secure a date at the venue she wanted to play. Obviously, something was in the works, because when the MDNA tour venues were listed, there was a mention of Austrailia stating dates to be announced at a later time. Certainly, something didn't work out the way as planned.

I also thought Liz Rosenberg or Guy mentioned something about venue conflict as well. I might be wrong though. But I'm sure the plans were being made, but the dates she was probably finally given for the venue she wanted to play ended up going into the Holiday season if not in the new year. Maybe between all he money it would cost to haul ass over there at that time and keeping people employed that much longer wasn't worth it to her. The fact she mentions she wanted to spend time with her family tells me that could have been the issue and she didn't want to drag out the tour any longer.

Well, she did look like shit in December 2012, completely exhausted. So, there's the possibility she did not think she could make it in the end. It was her longest tour ever, very ambitious and in her own words 'it killed her'. Hope she starts the new one there, or is it too expensive?

I can see her starting it there this time around, simply because it will be a big positive story for her. Though, if so, she better schedule that venue like NOW!!! 

Her tours have all been relatively three to four months until the last two.

I know Madonna is a super woman, but, I don't know how she does it all sometimes? Embarking to other countries (especially Australia...which is an 18 hour flight) is not an easy thing to do especially when she has a big family too that she has to put first. I don't blame her when she has to draw the line. It has to be hard deciding what to do. All I know is....I've never expected her to come to where I live. If I did, I'd never get to see her. 

I know Madonna is a super woman, but, I don't know how she does it all sometimes? Embarking to other countries (especially Australia...which is an 18 hour flight) is not an easy thing to do especially when she has a big family too that she has to put first. I don't blame her when she has to draw the line. It has to be hard deciding what to do. All I know is....I've never expected her to come to where I live. If I did, I'd never get to see her. 

Depends on where you leave from : again, she went to Chile, it's not that far from Australia.

Depends on where you leave from : again, she went to Chile, it's not that far from Australia.

Keep in mind, just because she went to Chile she would have been able to schedule Australia near and around the same time. When embarking on a huge world tour, and as I mentioned before, artists who play at these huge venues, must schedule dates far in advance. Certainly, it would be great if she could get dates that would make it easier to travel to place to place, but it never works out that way. If you look at her past tours, she's had dates in one area, only to come back to the same region, country, area weeks later. 

I still think it came down to scheduling conflict and securing a venue in a timely manner where it wouldn't have extended the tour past the new year. It was definitely part of the plan to go there, but unfortunately it didn't pan out. Hopefully for her Australian fans sake, she will schedule Australia right from the get-go when she starts securing venues and dates.

It’s so cool that Madonna keeps picking up images from her vaults to post updates on her Instagram. Hope she will pick her ‘forgotten’ gems [beloved songs that have never been performed live or have not been performed for a long long time] from the vaults for the tour.

I think it would be a good idea if she skips Vogue, Express Yourself, Like a Prayer and Human Nature in her next tour. Don't get me wrong, I love those songs, most of them are big classics but they might get tiring if they're sung again. Same happened with Music and La Isla Bonita, remember? Wish she could include material from other studio albums like Confessions, Ray of Light, and especially American Life which has been horrendously ignored (yup, we've only got 2 songs during the last shows and as interlude form, that's not enough imo).

As for her 80's hits, it would be nice if she decides to revive Who's That Girl. Many fans hoped she would replace Spanish Lesson or La Isla in the second round of S&S but she didn't listen to us lmao. Deeper and Deeper could be another great dance song to do again, and maybe Cherish which hasn't been performed since 1990 :stare:

I'd really love to hear You'll See, Take a Bow or This Used to Be My Playground!! They could easily close an acoustic segment.

Some Girls from MDNA would be great too :smile: