New Game: guess the song

Enrico

Guest ArthurBadin

Keep trying, Lambada! @@ArthurBadin  :Madonna003:

Lambada, @@Turuncan? Now I miss the early 90's.

By the way, I miss also Kaoma's female singer. She was murdered in a horrible latrociny (shot and had body carbonized together with her car. her home was burned too). What a lose for our music (seriously). I loved her.

Love funk carioca more than lambada (by the way, it's more carioca than lambada). L-U-V Valesca Popozuda, she was born on my native neighbourhood/barrio, Irajá.

P.S.: Have you noticed I've edited my own post as I am used to do constantly? For sure you will love my edits. See you beloved Turkish boy! Spinning around like a Dervish! lol

Guest ArthurBadin

Anyway, let's move on with better things to say.

I have more attempts to win.

Revolver? "Gotta cryin' to you' mama sayin' I can't believe"

Get Together? "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

Shame? "Just believe in your dreams"

And finally X-Static Process, "don't know what to believe".

And enough. If I didn't win so far I won't take more chances. At least so far.

See you my dear Turkish boy @@Turuncan. And sorry for bringing up to you bad news, I didn't know what to say, I was very tired after posting more than 50x only yesterday. Been so active here now!

And please, tell me how to pronounce your name, ok? Is it "Türüncan", "Türünçan", "Turunçan" or just "Turuncan"? I know Turkish "ü" sounds exactly like German one, "c" is like English "j" and "ç", like English "ch". I know Turkish alphabet and pronounciation of words (but that's the only thing I know about Turkish, lol). By the way, Portuguese has "ç" too, but it sounds exactly like in English "façade" - or French "Besançon".

See you, beloved!

Anyway, let's move on with better things to say.

I have more attempts to win.

Revolver? "Gotta cryin' to you' mama sayin' I can't believe"

Get Together? "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

Shame? "Just believe in your dreams"

And finally X-Static Process, "don't know what to believe".

And enough. If I didn't win so far I won't take more chances. At least so far.

See you my dear Turkish boy @@Turuncan. And sorry for bringing up to you bad news, I didn't know what to say, I was very tired after posting more than 50x only yesterday. Been so active here now!

And please, tell me how to pronounce your name, ok? Is it "Türüncan", "Türünçan", "Turunçan" or just "Turuncan"? I know Turkish "ü" sounds exactly like German one, "c" is like English "j" and "ç", like English "ch". I know Turkish alphabet and pronounciation of words (but that's the only thing I know about Turkish, lol). By the way, Portuguese has "ç" too, but it sounds exactly like in English "façade" - or French "Besançon".

See you, beloved!

@@ArthurBadin

You still didn't guess it right.

About my nickname, how should I show you mmm... Let me put it this way:

"Tour" (like in English)

"Un" (like in Spanish)

"John" (like in English)

Now bring them all together.

Guest ArthurBadin

@@ArthurBadin

You still didn't guess it right.

About my nickname, how should I show you mmm... Let me put it this way:

"Tour" (like in English)

"Un" (like in Spanish)

"John" (like in English)

Now bring them all together.

So it's "Turuncan", without any diacritic. What It means? i'm curious.

By the way, I have told Turkish "ç" is pronounced like English "ch", but how this digraph has several ways of pronounciation (like in "China," "machine" or "monarch"). I say now it's like in the first word mentioned, just like in "cheese" or Spanish "ch".

I have known by heart several alphabets from languages around the world, not only Latin ones. As a philologist (I consider myself a linguist too although I've got no speciality on Linguists yet, but linguists don't care about it as much as they don't care about written languages - only the spoken ones), I do consider an alphabet is a particular representation of a language, just like the national flag or anthem of a country. Each language owns their own alphabet, and sometimes two or even three of them (as an example of a two-alphabet language, I choose Serbian as it use Latin and Cyrillic alphabets - and for three, I pick up Kazakh, a Turk-Altaic language just like Turkish - during the process of its writing they used Arabic, Latin and then Cyrillic alphabets).

By the way, Arabic alphabet is indeed an abjad (partial alphabet), as they don't write short vowels, only long ones (Hebrew is another example of it). There are also the abugidas (or syllabaries), like the Ge'en used in Ethiopia, and Katakana and Hiragana in Japanese.

So I haven't won so far, huh... I will pass the baton to someone else as I can't remind of another song by far. Is anyone else interested?

See you, beloved @@Turuncan, my Turkish friend!