Madonna and the Breakfast Club Doc

groovyguy

1 hour ago, scallywally said:

A versions been on a site for a few days but its not in English. Its Russian dubbed and not HQ. 

Enough for me to see it a bit before i buy the DVD on www.amazon.com. I also asked them via Instagram if it's gonna be on BD too, because i'd love to have it on BD if i like it and not just DVD.

I just deleted it tho because i really wanna see it and hear it in good quality, not just a bad screener.

k6TyYfa.jpg

But seems really interesting, the audio-taped conversations, the snippets of some never heard before songs!!!!! Those r great. I'll totally buy it.

https://madonnaunderground.com/madonna-and-the-breakfast-club-our-review-exclusive/

madonna-breakfast-club-klei.jpg

Madonna and the Breakfast Club is nothing like the film ‘Innocence Lost’ (1994), so please drop all comparisons and preconceptions now. The film by Guy Guido is nothing short of absolute brilliance and done with the utmost respect for Madonna.

The film can be classified as a documentary on Madonna’s rise to stardom, portrayed by the incredible Jamie Auld. The intro sets the bar of the film while listening to actual audio recordings of Madonna speaking to Dan Gilroy. Guy Guido has interviewed a lot of people from Madonna’s past and has included real footage, pictures and audio of Madonna. Jamie Auld makes the scenes come alive, but there’s as much real Madonna as there is Jamie.

People like Peter Kentes who photographed Madonna at school speaks about her, as does Norris Burroughs who is responsible for Madonna and Dan Gilroy getting acquainted. While you’re listening to some of Madonna’s spoken audio you can’t help but think of her voiceover’s in ‘Truth or Dare’.

Dan Gilroy speaks about getting to know Madonna, falling in love, making music with her and their very first date. While listening to Dan you’re being treated to the greatest unseen photographs of Madonna’s very early days. Ed Gilroy takes you on a tour through the Synagogue where Madonna used to live and make music. There’s the actual drum set she used and stuck her gum on. Gary Burke shares a fascinating story of getting to know Madonna while in The Breakfast Club, getting a crush on her and eventually starting the band ‘Madonna And The Sky’ and later ‘Emmy’ with her.

Madonna’s early days are a journey and you get to tag along every step of the way. There’s behind the scenes footage of the taping of Lewicki’s ‘A Certain Sacrifice’, which started filming in September of 1979. Let’s not forget the highly interesting songs she recorded with The Breakfast Club and Emmy. There are samples from various never before released songs with Madonna on vocals. Madonna mentioned at Parkinson in 2005 that the very first song she ever wrote was ‘Tell The Truth’, which she spoke about again during her induction in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2008. It is in this film that you actually get to hear it!

One song that’s really surprising is a song Madonna wrote called ‘Again And Again’ and went a little something like ‘Again and Again…..Over and Over….Again and Again…..Over and Over’, reminds you of a certain song does it? While you go from one treat to the next there is no denying how Madonna was always bound to be an artist. She had the will, the drive, the star quality, the image, but most of all she had the balls to do it. What people tend to forget is that Madonna worked really really hard to get where she is today. This film portrays that in the greatest detail, you will be stunned.

An absolute must watch for not only every Madonna fan out there, but anyone with a desire to see how one of our greatest pop stars in history (if not THE greatest) came to be.

Written by Kimberly van Pinxteren (March 8, 2019)

I already bought it from Amazon.com, they told me it's gonna be released on BD too but maybe in the future with more extras and more things. So for now i'm getting it on DVD.

• Enrico changed the title to Madonna and the Breakfast Club Doc

Review from a friend:

As a longtime Madonna fan, I’m very protective of the Queen of Pop. I’ve had many battles with trolls that throw shade at her. When I first heard about this new documentary, I wasn’t sure if I should even watch it because who knows how Madonna really feels about this particular project. With that said, “Madonna and the Breakfast Club” is a very endearing and touching look at Madonna’s early life in New York City and her rise to stardom. It’s a portrayal of a very real young person trying to make something of themself. This film is an extremely positive look at Madonna. It also celebrates the American dream as much as it celebrates Madonna. It would’ve been nice to hear actual clips from songs like “Burning Up”, “Holiday”, “Lucky Star”,”Borderline”, and “Like a Virgin”, but you do hear a clip of “Everybody” and several early demos. You also see a whole lot of pics of Madonna you may have never seen before. This is a very good documentary that I hope Madonna likes as much as I think many of her fans will. Only Madonna can give it her seal of approval but as a huge fan, I’m giving it a big thumbs up!

Just finished watching it and I LOVED It! Even though we all know the story, I personally didnt know every little detail so it was really interesting and fun and nostalgic to watch! Its amazing the amount of pics they got from that period of time! And its great to hear some unreleased clips from those years as well!

3 hours ago, emanon said:

I wonder if there is going to be a cd soundtrack..I want those songs :)

I asked Guy Guido, the staff, they are working on it, but they don't know.

They need permission from the Girloy Bros to release all these songs...

The snippets in the movie are really too short.

50 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I asked Guy Guido, the staff, they are working on it, but they don't know.

They need permission from the Girloy Bros to release all these songs...

The snippets in the movie are really too short.

lets cros fingers!!!! :-) He only needs permission from Gilroy, right? what about the first track she wrotte?

11 minutes ago, emanon said:

lets cros fingers!!!! :-) He only needs permission from Gilroy, right? what about the first track she wrotte?

All the tracks that she wrote before the first album are not under the control of Warner, so I don't think she has rights over them. That is why we have the Otto von Wernherr album and Stephen Bray's Pre-Madonna. But the same Stephen Bray couldn't release the later tracks, as the LAP demos.