Into The Groove or Get Into The Groove ? Discuss ....

Rainbow

Officially it's called 'Into the Groove'. In every album it's featured on, namely "Like a Virgin", "You Can Dance", "The Immaculate Collection", "I'm Going to Tell You a Secret", and "Celebration" in addition to the single cover it's written like that. On her official Vevo channel it's written like that. And actually that's the first time I have ever heard it's also called the other way.

What I wonder is, had it been released as a single in the US rather than as the b-side of 'Angel', would it be her third number-one single there? Some say the chart success of 'Angel' was due to the presence of this song on the single. So can we assume that 'Into the Groove' actually went to number 5?

If I remember correctly on "Truth or dare" she refers to "Vogue" as "Do the vogue". I guess those are the tittles while they worked on the song and she uses them sometimes, But well, the official name should always be the one used on the official releases. So "Into The Groove" is the one an only name for the song.

She has always referred to it as Get Into The Groove, starting with the Live Aid performance and Virgin Tour video release promo interview with Molly Meldrum from 1985, to Blond Ambition backstage in Truth Or Dare (which she never refers to that film as In Bed With Madonna, btw)

She wrote the song, so if ascap and bmi want to refer to it for copyright purposes as Into The Groove, I'll take her word over their's

I've never heard her refer to Vogue as "do the vogue", either.