Anyone else a big fan of....

Posted Image

I remember buying it on a shopping trip to Carlisle (here in the UK) and getting excited as the CD tray was blue, lol.  I think it's one of her best albums.  I play it a lot.

Highlights:  Inside Of Me, Love Tried To Welcome Me, Survival, Sanctuary, Human Nature, Take A Bow, Bedtime Story....  In fact, all of them!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm with you!

It's such a sensual album. Didn't like the cover pic then - because I thought it didn't really look like her - , but I love it now. Sweet colours, and it's so kitschy :)

I miss that husky voice of hers on a regular basis.

Favourites? All are superb, except "Survival". Great lyrics, boring melody.

The "b-sides" are great too... "Let Down Your Guard", "Freedom" and "Your Honesty".

Some songs of Rebel Heart remind me of that era.

I wish she'd have done the

BEDTIME STORIES WORLD TOUR

But then maybe we'd have never had EVITA, so...

I have really good memories of the release of BS, it was on my bday so my siblings gave me the cassette as a present. And I've been loving it since day one. One of the most underrated M's albums IMO. And it's a really beautiful one. Maybe it sounds a bit dated today, but... who cares? it has some of the most beautiful and best songs on it: Take A Bow, Human Nature, Bedtime Story, Love Tried To Welcome Me, or the triumphant and glorious Survival. As a record, it's a slap in the face to all the criticism after Erotica-SEX-Body Of Evidence-The Girlie Show. And it's a brilliant one.

Sanctuary is so perfect, I love listening to it on my headphones "as the water fucks the moon, silently". It's a shame this album gets over-looked on her tours, aside from Human Nature which only seems to translate as M with a guitar. Don't Stop would be perfect live. As for the remixes, I loved the Some Bizarre mix of Secret. Oh and like a lot of her CD's, it should have had the cover on the disc.

Sanctuary is so perfect, I love listening to it on my headphones "as the water fucks the moon, silently". It's a shame this album gets over-looked on her tours, aside from Human Nature which only seems to translate as M with a guitar. Don't Stop would be perfect live. As for the remixes, I loved the Some Bizarre mix of Secret. Oh and like a lot of her CD's, it should have had the cover on the disc.

"As the water fucks the moon" .... BRILLIANT! :silly:

But then maybe we'd have never had EVITA, so...

I have really good memories of the release of BS, it was on my bday so my siblings gave me the cassette as a present. And I've been loving it since day one. One of the most underrated M's albums IMO. And it's a really beautiful one. Maybe it sounds a bit dated today, but... who cares? it has some of the most beautiful and best songs on it: Take A Bow, Human Nature, Bedtime Story, Love Tried To Welcome Me, or the triumphant and glorious Survival. As a record, it's a slap in the face to all the criticism after Erotica-SEX-Body Of Evidence-The Girlie Show. And it's a brilliant one.

Fair point on the EVITA front.

Aaaah ... what else is there to say about this beautiful album?

I love being nostalgic!  :cute:

Love the many samples. Not knowing the original songs, but loving the rich and organic sound they create... and it looks good in the album credits! :tongue:

But it's a shame Nellee Hooper is a "Hopper" in the booklet....

hey i bought this shiny new lp recently. it is gorgeous.

p.s.

i thought upside down cover is rare, but guess what bought it on amazon.com and risked to be the rotated one but it didn;t so i have both :P i wonder why do they say it is rare because it obviously it is not both versions are available. 

Anyone else a big fan of....

Posted Image

Outside of the singles and Sanctuary and I think this is probably her worst album. Sitting between two of her best eras, it just felt like a non-event and although I can understand the reasoning behind the toned down image, I kind of wish it didn't exist honestly. But then again, Take A Bow and Bedtime Story are two of my favourite songs of hers, as is Secret. I'm torn.

Outside of the singles and Sanctuary and I think this is probably her worst album. Sitting between two of her best eras, it just felt like a non-event and although I can understand the reasoning behind the toned down image, I kind of wish it didn't exist honestly. But then again, Take A Bow and Bedtime Story are two of my favourite songs of hers, as is Secret. I'm torn.

Ooooooh, just think of all the beautiful CD singles with different covers and formats that we could collect then. I do have 4 or 5 versions of each single!!!!