New Single to promote the Concert DVD/album?

I know this is wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be awesome if Madonna released a follow up single and video to promote the whole DVD - Live Album release?  But of course, I've always wished she released "Rebel Heart" as a single.  In fact, I think it would be a great way to promote this new release.  I don't expect anything fancy or even expect a new original video. Though, a video cut from the DVD for the song itself would make sense as she's done that in the past.  A heavily promoted single release and video excerpt leading up to its release in September would definitely help generate more interest if not sales.  

Again, wishful thinking.  'Rebel Heart' the song would make sense to wrap up this whole era, but what other songs or ideas would you like to see happen to help promote this new concert release?   

Guest ArthurBadin

Well dear, now it's all up to Eagle Rock's decision if there'll be a video for supporting live release. However, before believing in Rebel Heart (the song), t's very likely they'll rely on a classic song to help promotion since  when the times labels did it, they used some classics such as Holiday (DWT) and Vogue (S&ST and MDNAT).

Of course, given RH is a signature for this tour, maybe Eagle Rock would try different this time.

Anyway, I would expect only a video uploaded on MadonnaVEVO (maybe from LAV performance) and nothing else. I don't even expect any chance of something like If I Had a Hammer to appear even in the deluxe album. Nor TOAC songs. I guess the 22 songs featured on will be exactly the 22 songs we have in the main concert film (they are exactly 22 if you count Music/Candy Shop a sole medley, just like Dress You Up/Into the Groove).

I don't believe Eagle Rock will put too much effort on promoting this release as they even really don't have a proper Facebook official page (as it seems to be hence facebook.com/EagleRockEnt is up for sale, as you can see when searching this page on FB bar)

And I wouldn't give my two cents about M helping on this issue, given she's now all children and Loved, the film.

Of course this release is seen by M and label just as a very last opportunity to milk, capitalize on the tour. Nothing else.

Maybe this is even the last product she has under UMG wigs (as we are close to the deadline for that damn 360 deal to expire).

#BackToWarnerMadonna (or better, #GoToSonyMusicMadonna)

Guest ArthurBadin

1 Rebel Heart with the fan art backdrop as a video

2 Unapologetic Bitch with the video montage

3 Heartbreak city with a video including LDLHA ahaha

But I don't think this is possible.

It's more realistic to get news for the new album in July as promised yesterday by the fake insider!!

Of course this could happen only to fullfill the 360 deal with LN. But even so I don't see this happening. (And if it happens, I pray for an only-iTunes release. No singles, no videos, just an album. I know it's pretty indecent for a M stan to hope this but I'd rather have a release like this happening than a half-assed M album promotion like we've seen for almost 3 years - and don't tell me RH promotion was any sort of better than HC or even MDNA, cause one more time the main purpose of this album was to carry out 360 deal. No less, no more.)

Guest ArthurBadin

But she won't release singles to promote her own album...

Word! She now has all eyes on her children and on her new movie no one else but her cares about. Next

EDIT: And, of course, she could have eyes on Quinta do Relógio too. #Contemplating

Of course this could happen only to fullfill the 360 deal with LN. But even so I don't see this happening. (And if it happens, I pray for an only-iTunes release. No singles, no videos, just an album. I know it's pretty indecent for a M stan to hope this but I'd rather have a release like this happening than a half-assed M album promotion like we've seen for almost 3 years - and don't tell me RH promotion was any sort of better than HC or even MDNA, cause one more time the main purpose of this album was to carry out 360 deal. No less, no more.)

But a live album is indeed going to be released, both as highlights and a double cd with 22 tracks! We are just speculating about a (promo) single release here. Let's say just for fun.

This album release should put an end to this horrible contract and period and open new doors... Children, soccer, skin products, night selfies, movies, twins dancing... omg we won't get a new album until 2020!

Guest ArthurBadin

Maybe if she spent less time on social media and flogging skin products she could do a new album or release a box set of her unreleased stuff instead ?

The full iconic backdrop would make a wonderful single i think ?

The question, @@wtg1987, is that this is the new Madonna now. The Instagram and MDNA Skin addicted.

She's getting close to be an "elder" version of a mix of Britney Spears and Lady Gaga.

After the Woman's March incident, she (maybe mainly Guy) realized the times are for being quiet and serene, "contemplating" the good things of life. Her social activism suddenly stopped after the Her Story video release (or after MET Gala this year if you take it seriously).

Now, after buying a big, traditional Portuguese villa (as some local newspapers claim), she has where to sleep and raise her little children far from American noise and criticism and also a film to direct where she can express again her voice about human rights.

And now this is what we will have from her for the next 2 years. After that she will be 60 and probably will have any lesser imponent and more next-to-floor recording contract, she will continue to deliver albums and tours (and films!) and that's it.

People change their goals within the time they live. No one needs to expect the same Madonna from 80's and the better one from 90's. Tears of a Clown was indeed a brutal statement about it. Maybe RHT was too. Now it's time for her to do what she thinks better for her children. Reading Lucy O'Brien bio book was very comforting for me about those feelings, It cemented my vision of Madonna as a person and an intellectual above all, not as an artist with costumes to wear and photoshoots to appear, like the ones who won't survive for more than a generation. It helped to pacify my heart about the course of time, realizing there was a time for 80's Madonna, another for 90's Madonna, another for 00's and for 10's. And there will be one for 20's, 30's... It's a question of getting mature together with your idol. If you don't do this, you'll be forever attached to a romantic vision about your idol, very, very far from reality. It's the safest thing to do in an idol-fan relationship.

Oh good lord, this was simply a fun post to share what we wish she would do to promote Rebel Heart DVD/Live album, not a place to post doubts, negativity and debate how it will affect her career in the next few years.  Just post what you wish for.   What she does and doesn't do, doesn't matter here.  The fact is, she has released promotional live excerpts/videos from her tours in the past.  As far as back as Virgin tour, when MTV used to air live versions of "Like A Virgin", "Holiday" and "Into The Groove".  Even "Dress You Up" was released as a new single and edited live video to help promote the tour at the time.

Thank you to those who simply played along.  :)

Rebel Heart should definitely be a single in the way Miles Away was, video wise. But an older hit as well along side it maybe, Vogue would out because it sewn right into Holy Water. Like A Virgin is a good pick or even Material Girl. I love both performances, each quite an update for their songs respectively. My thing being this is a chance to slip in one more Rebel Heart song as an entry. Rebel Heart is just dying to be in the selection for a greatest hits one day! Honestly, when I design a greatest hits, I always place Rebel Heart in it as a closer, its just that fitting!

Rebel Heart should definitely be a single in the way Miles Away was, video wise. But an older hit as well along side it maybe, Vogue would out because it sewn right into Holy Water. Like A Virgin is a good pick or even Material Girl. I love both performances, each quite an update for their songs respectively. My thing being this is a chance to slip in one more Rebel Heart song as an entry. Rebel Heart is just dying to be in the selection for a greatest hits one day! Honestly, when I design a greatest hits, I always place Rebel Heart in it as a closer, its just that fitting!

Rebel Heart is just screaming to be a hit.  I know it'll never be, but I think it can very well be a classic as much as she turned "Candy Shop" into one.  At this point, we're going to be hearing more of her favorites on tour when it comes to newer songs since mainstream media/radio doesn't play her much anymore.

Exactly! The tours really becoming just that, maybe rotating a couple in and out, like Music (only left out of MDNA since its release). Candy Shop is obviously a favorite of hers, one she has fun with! I don't know if she'd treat Rebel Heart like that, I could see Body Shop becoming a bit of staple, its fun and could reworked in various ways.

#BackToWarnerMadonna (or better, #GoToSonyMusicMadonna)

Sony seems like a very bad idea. It's the company known in the industry not to pay out their musicians when due or in due amounts.

i highly doubt she would come to an agreement with Sony. Warner Brothers ties don't seem too well either. They will not make the best out of her either, as proven in the past. We'll see what comes up.

Guest ArthurBadin

Sony seems like a very bad idea. It's the company known in the industry not to pay out their musicians when due or in due amounts.

i highly doubt she would come to an agreement with Sony. Warner Brothers ties don't seem too well either. They will not make the best out of her either, as proven in the past. We'll see what comes up.

So she should team up with Sire or create another label, this time indie. But anyway phonography industry lives in a prorogation. It's a question of time nothing will save it, unless they find something creative to apply to survive for any longer.

And I'm not being really negative here, I'm realistic. I just don't live in a world of fantasy where Madonna fullfills all my desires. I understand what she does now, and I respect her for that. This is very different from claiming she's not what I want her to be.

Of course RH could be used to promote the DVD, but this seems so unlikely that if it's being done, I'll be fully surprised.

I honestly believe more in a LAV performance video to be uploaded on MadonnaVEVO and nothing else.

Period. (And I won't argue anymore.)

Since borderline was performed on Fallon to commemorate the end of her tour(?) then maybe she could release Inside Oot or Wash All Over Me. The lyrics were printed ALL over the the tour program, so why not pull this era together once and for all?

Well this is in regards of promoting the Live release. Neither of the songs were even part of the tour.

Anyway, apparently no one wants to play along, but rather just debunk and doubt the idea could even happen.  Sorry I bothered starting the topic. Moves. On!! 

:sad:

But of course, I've always wished she released "Rebel Heart" as a single.  In fact, I think it would be a great way to promote this new release.  I don't expect anything fancy or even expect a new original video. Though, a video cut from the DVD for the song itself would make sense as she's done that in the past.  A heavily promoted single release and video excerpt leading up to its release in September would definitely help generate more interest if not sales. 

That´s a very good idea and it came to my mind too in the past. Even better would be the Avicii version. I think the interest would be there, it would be not something completely new but kinda unreleased officially. I also think it would climb some charts. 

That´s a very good idea and it came to my mind too in the past. Even better would be the Avicii version. I think the interest would be there, it would be not something completely new but kinda unreleased officially. I also think it would climb some charts. 

Honestly, I don't see why they can't just do it?  Again, it's just wishful thinking on my part, but this would be a perfect time to release a clip from the concert as a promotional single/video.  We have nearly have three months til the DVD to release.  So now or in a couple of weeks would be a perfect time to release a song from the album/video release.  Artists always release singles before a full release.  This could be done the same way. It's not like it's never been done before. Many artists have done this in the past.  Being "Rebel Heart" is the name of the tour and an actual song, it would be a perfect choice.  Of course, songs like "Like a Virgin", "Material Girl" and "Holiday" could be great promotional video clips too. :)

Oh good lord, this was simply a fun post to share what we wish she would do to promote Rebel Heart DVD/Live album, not a place to post doubts, negativity and debate how it will affect her career in the next few years. Just post what you wish for. What she does and doesn't do, doesn't matter here. The fact is, she has released promotional live excerpts/videos from her tours in the past. As far as back as Virgin tour, when MTV used to air live versions of "Like A Virgin", "Holiday" and "Into The Groove". Even "Dress You Up" was released as a new single and edited live video to help promote the tour at the time.

Thank you to those who simply played along. :)

Some like to take all the fun out lol.

Anyways, I'd choose Rebel Heart but just the SHOWTIME edit. Vogue from the MDNA World Tour was dropped on us as a promo tool for the release and surpsingly has almost equal views as the combined Turn Up The Radio videos.

Vogue was uploaded September 2013 and Turn Up The Radio in July 2012. 💀💀