New Single to promote the Concert DVD/album?

Well this is in regards of promoting the Live release. Neither of the songs were even part of the tour.

Anyway, apparently no one wants to play along, but rather just debunk and doubt the idea could even happen. Sorry I bothered starting the topic. Moves. On!!

:sad:

I was just being cheeky, everyone seems to take every morsel of info as definitive fact, when really the final product could (and will probably be) better than anyone thinks. This thread is actually a good idea, so don't give it up.

I love Inside Out and WAOM, so it was a little disappointing that those little "off time-code" moments were relegating solely to Ghosttown being the only RH track performed on tour, while the lyrics to IO and WAOM were printed all over the tour program.

I was just being cheeky, everyone seems to take every morsel of info as definitive fact, when really the final product could (and will probably be) better than anyone thinks. This thread is actually a good idea, so don't give it up.

I love Inside Out and WAOM, so it was a little disappointing that those little "off time-code" moments were relegating solely to Ghosttown being the only RH track performed on tour, while the lyrics to IO and WAOM were printed all over the tour program.

Wait? Did you word that correctly??  GT the only track from REBEL HEART to be performed on tour?  Yes, "Ghosttown" was performed at a few shows, but it wasn't part of the final set list.  Furthermore, the tour was filled with many REBEL HEART tracks? 

Also, I imagine "Inside Out" and WAOM probably were considered to be part of the show in early conception, but the Rebel Heart album consisted of 20 plus tracks.  There is no way, she would be able to satisfy our every whim. 

I miss those days when even a live album had its own CD single and had a chance to chart.

It still happens, we have examples here in Italy.

Of course you got to gave a record company who cares and some good promotion.

H

As for the single, the Avicii version of Rebel Heart could make a great song for the summer!

Maybe we should make a video and start selling the cd on itunes on our own, like Two steps behind me months ago... ahaha

Wait? Did you word that correctly?? GT the only track from REBEL HEART to be performed on tour? Yes, "Ghosttown" was performed at a few shows, but it wasn't part of the final set list. Furthermore, the tour was filled with many REBEL HEART tracks?

Also, I imagine "Inside Out" and WAOM probably were considered to be part of the show in early conception, but the Rebel Heart album consisted of 20 plus tracks. There is no way, she would be able to satisfy our every whim.

Yes, I worded that correctly.

The "time-code" part of the show (aka: WTG, LAP, TAB, DTM, Secret, Fever, CFY, etc.) is the "extra song" spot where the only "extra" song from the RH album was Ghosttown.

Yes, I worded that correctly.

The "time-code" part of the show (aka: WTG, LAP, TAB, DTM, Secret, Fever, CFY, etc.) is the "extra song" spot where the only "extra" song from the RH album was Ghosttown.

Oh, I see what you mean regarding it being the only "extra song" performed from the new album that wasn't part of the original set list.  However, it's not like The Rebel Heart Tour doesn't include many other songs from the REBEL HEART album, which goes back to what I said above; she can't please everyone and perform every song from that album.  And it's not the first time she's included images and lyrics in her tour book from songs that never appeared on tour.  Like mentioned, in early conception, there have been many songs considered to be performed, but cut due to direction/theme/time of the show.  Certainly, we as individuals could think that a certain song could have fit here or there better, but that isn't Madonna's vision. Not only that, maybe she realized she couldn't perform it the way she preferred or well enough or the many other possible reasons songs were cut or not considered.

If she were to release a single to promote the concert, what about "If I Had A Hammer" and include the studio version as a bonus track on the concert CD, kind of like "I Love New York"s inclusion on I'm Going To Tell You A Secret. The video could be a montage of powerful and touching clips from the concert. 

If she were to release a single to promote the concert, what about "If I Had A Hammer" and include the studio version as a bonus track on the concert CD, kind of like "I Love New York"s inclusion on I'm Going To Tell You A Secret. The video could be a montage of powerful and touching clips from the concert. 

Love it!!  I actually thought about that myself.   I guess part of me just wished "Rebel Heart" was released since it's the title track. :)

Oh, I see what you mean regarding it being the only "extra song" performed from the new album that wasn't part of the original set list. However, it's not like The Rebel Heart Tour doesn't include many other songs from the REBEL HEART album, which goes back to what I said above; she can't please everyone and perform every song from that album. And it's not the first time she's included images and lyrics in her tour book from songs that never appeared on tour. Like mentioned, in early conception, there have been many songs considered to be performed, but cut due to direction/theme/time of the show. Certainly, we as individuals could think that a certain song could have fit here or there better, but that isn't Madonna's vision. Not only that, maybe she realized she couldn't perform it the way she preferred or well enough or the many other possible reasons songs were cut or not considered.

Yes. I realized ALL of that before I made my cheeky post.

Nevermind.

Are you sure it won't be Candy Shop instead?  :Madonna009:

I wouldn't mind as that song really was never a favorite of mine, but she killed it on the Rebel Heart tour.  I love the performance. 

It still happens, we have examples here in Italy.

Of course you got to gave a record company who cares and some good promotion.

H

As for the single, the Avicii version of Rebel Heart could make a great song for the summer!

Maybe we should make a video and start selling the cd on itunes on our own, like Two steps behind me months ago... ahaha

That's why Italy is one of the greatest countries in the world! @@Enrico

RHT is over... 

Exactly - lets go back in time and dig through some unreleased treasures like those LAP demos first is a kiss, love attack :)) Warners have just put out a 4 disc Purple Rain re-issue and its freakin' gorgeous - it has demos, a remastered album, 12" mixes and FULL concert all wrapped in a lovely package - why is it so hard for M to do that ?s urely we dont have to wait until she dies ??? Why would she not want to make money off stuff now ? its not like she has to actually do anything ? talk about easy money too ? :))

I'm still shocked she didn't releese Rebel heart as a Single.

Big Mistake imo.

I hope for Studio Versions from Tears of a Clown  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Come on we want EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA EXPANDED!!!!

No like not sure what happened; then got designated to deluxe track. The first version had potential, the later ones were so Avicii but not as weird as stuff like Wash All Over Me and Borrowed Time got. Then we get this album cut and wow that is like forgettable - it was my washroom song for RHT lol.

No like not sure what happened; then got designated to deluxe track. The first version had potential, the later ones were so Avicii but not as weird as stuff like Wash All Over Me and Borrowed Time got. Then we get this album cut and wow that is like forgettable - it was my washroom song for RHT lol.

Honestly, I don't hear a huge significant difference between the two to say the album version is "forgettable".  Certainly, it lacks the punch that many call the "Avicii" version has, but it still conveys the same message and feel good sound. 

And yeah, I'm baffled how a title track is left off the standard version.  In fact, I consider the "Deluxe" version the standard  version. The version without, I consider the "abridged" version of the album.  I am not too fond of multiple versions of the same album.  Either put all the damn tracks on, or don't.  To me, the standard version does not represent the theme she was going for, for this album.   All these different versions are just sales gimmicks to get people (mostly fans) to buy the alternate versions. It also confuses casual fans or those who might be interested in her latest album, but not sure which version to buy especially if they are wanting to make sure they get the version with certain songs they like.

Honestly, I don't hear a huge significant difference between the two to say the album version is "forgettable".  Certainly, it lacks the punch that many call the "Avicii" version has, but it still conveys the same message and feel good sound. 

And yeah, I'm baffled how a title track is left off the standard version.  In fact, I consider the "Deluxe" version the standard  version. The version without, I consider the "abridged" version of the album.  I am not too fond of multiple versions of the same album.  Either put all the damn tracks on, or don't.  To me, the standard version does not represent the theme she was going for, for this album.   All these different versions are just sales gimmicks to get people (mostly fans) to buy the alternate versions. It also confuses casual fans or those who might be interested in her latest album, but not sure which version to buy especially if they are wanting to make sure they get the version with certain songs they like.

Also we know this was never her final vision, there was a interview where she said she invisjoned a double album, one side rebel and the other heart. The record company thoaight that was too complicated; this Madonna she can do anything. Also LFL was meant to be a Valentine release - so all got released way sooner. I do wonder how much production on songs are not final. She final mixed the first 5 pre-release songs herself.to get them out there.

Also we know this was never her final vision, there was a interview where she said she invisjoned a double album, one side rebel and the other heart. The record company thoaight that was too complicated; this Madonna she can do anything. Also LFL was meant to be a Valentine release - so all got released way sooner. I do wonder how much production on songs are not final. She final mixed the first 5 pre-release songs herself.to get them out there.

A company that doesn't know how to treat with stars... Also, they don't have money from production, because all of this goes to the tours...

On the other hand, I think we are going to wait for a long time until hear something new... Maybe one day she will surprising us with a song, but a new album... I don't think so. Maybe for late 2018 or spring 2019.

She also did say that at that point, she was mulling over the tracks way too much and the leaks just decided for her to simply stop and finally release it. 

I also am perplexed why the record company thought a double album would be "complicated" yet release three versions of the album where the title track isn't even available on the Standard version. To me, I think that is far more complicated than her original envision.

• 1 year later...
On 7/1/2017 at 12:02 PM, Liam said:

She also did say that at that point, she was mulling over the tracks way too much and the leaks just decided for her to simply stop and finally release it. 

I also am perplexed why the record company thought a double album would be "complicated" yet release three versions of the album where the title track isn't even available on the Standard version. To me, I think that is far more complicated than her original envision.

Just the usual cash grab and extra incentives for super fans and collectors. The standard was something Madonna but the label wanted which makes no sense to exclude the title track. The definitive version according to the Queen herself is the deluxe and the Super Deluxe is basically the deluxe version if the standard didn't exist.

I think having two records compete against themselves especially if released at the same time would have been confusing to the general public outside of fans and super fans plus wanting both to sell equally. The concept is good but the execution in this day and age would be terrible. Fans were mentioning how low stocked some places were with copies and some couldn't find the vinyl or Super Deluxe. I had to go through several stores like Target, Best Buy, FYE to find all three copies but I guess it's easier being categorized as one album rather than REBEL (one) and HEART (two). At least how I think of it when it comes to the double album idea. They probably also didn't want to have her close off her recording contract with two records.

1 hour ago, Music...come..together.AL3 said:

Rebel heart with remixes. And i wonder... why it wasn't a single.

It honestly would have benefited along with the ready made live video which could have been the official video similar to "Miles Away." She could have finalized the demo as a radio remix and tossed the fans a bone.

2 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Just the usual cash grab and extra incentives for super fans and collectors. The standard was something Madonna but the label wanted which makes no sense to exclude the title track. The definitive version according to the Queen herself is the deluxe and the Super Deluxe is basically the deluxe version if the standard didn't exist.

I think having two records compete against themselves especially if released at the same time would have been confusing to the general public outside of fans and super fans plus wanting both to sell equally. The concept is good but the execution in this day and age would be terrible. Fans were mentioning how low stocked some places were with copies and some couldn't find the vinyl or Super Deluxe. I had to go through several stores like Target, Best Buy, FYE to find all three copies but I guess it's easier being categorized as one album rather than REBEL (one) and HEART (two). At least how I think of it when it comes to the double album idea. They probably also didn't want to have her close off her recording contract with two records.

Actually in physical format, and especially in the past, a double album would have been excepted as a single unit.  What I mean; fans would know it's a larger volume within a particular album (even if official organizations would chart the sales separately between both albums.)  These days, a double album would only make a difference with physical format.  Any other format, it would be like how it was released regarding "Deluxe" and "Super Deluxe".   To me, those version are far more confusing than just the Double Album format.  As mentioned, calling an album "Rebel Heart", but excluding the title track seems very odd to me. Not sure I know of any other artist to do that.  Not saying, it hasn't been done, but you'd think an album called "Rebel Heart" would include the actual title track that exist on other formats.