The Erotic Body of Girlie Sex Show Era

groovyguy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

It truly is her greatest era and her greatest album. She went farther than anyone dared or even dreamed they could. She broke all the barriers. Not sure if that was a good thing, because thanks to her we have scum like Ariana Grande but she did break them all. I consider Erotica the zenith of her career, everything she did since the beginning was a lead up to this album and era. Way ahead of its time, it took me 15 years to finally get the music and truly love it for what it is. It's been completely forgotten by the general public, but every single magazine, artist, photo out there is just blatantly copying something from it. 

I also think the controversy really did a number of her, even if she successfully pretended it didn't. I came along in 1999 so her post Erotica albums were my favorite but I now like them less and less. She feels lost in them, like it wasn't her, and well she was trying to run away from her past and it shows. The SEX book also hung over her like an albatross for 15 years. Just now she stepped out of that shadow. I think she regained herself with Hard Candy.