Blond Ambition and Re-Invention tours - who owns the rights?

Little Angel

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, Lucas B. said:

This would literally extermine all gays on earth, that triple pack oh god....

Maybe that’s why they’re not releasing them. It’s just that dangerous :Madonna024:

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I was watching some of the footage of Blond Ambition shot in Nice earlier and I was wondering, if they can’t recover the Paris or Japan footage, is there anything that they can do now with that footage or the Laserdisc? Sorry, I’m not great when it comes to formats and all that but can they possibly remaster that footage to Blu-Ray or anything? 

On 10/29/2019 at 8:50 PM, thelioncourtheart_ said:

The Virgin Tour was done on tape. The Virgin Tour I believe was shot on film so they would need to find the negative, master it and clean it up and voila along with the missing performances. 

As I remember, it was said that the master of The virgin tour was stocked in the world trade center so.... 

On 3/26/2020 at 9:49 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

I was watching some of the footage of Blond Ambition shot in Nice earlier and I was wondering, if they can’t recover the Paris or Japan footage, is there anything that they can do now with that footage or the Laserdisc? Sorry, I’m not great when it comes to formats and all that but can they possibly remaster that footage to Blu-Ray or anything? 

Honestly, no. Not realistically. I can't imagine any studio wanting to put out an upscaled concert sourced from a poor quality standard def source on a Blu-ray Disc. Blu-ray as a format generally carries the moniker of always being top quality, and by buying Blu-ray you expect the format standard of the main feature being genuine-HD. Unfortunately footage broadcast live on TV in those days was always SD, same with footage shot on videotape (ie JAPAN). So a Blu-ray release is incredibly unlikely and wholly not worthwhile for studio or consumer. You'll also notice (now I've said it), that all BAT footage besides Paris suffers from the crushing and bleeding of colour, and there's significant contrast issues on each broadcast. These issues mean that unfortunately the fine detail you'd expect on a HD upscale just isn't going to be present.

However, a BAT Nice, Barcelona or Yokohama Remastered DVD with a decent transfer would be very welcome. Very, very welcome, but without Paris, a Blu-ray isn't going to happen as it wouldn't be any better than a DVD.

5 hours ago, scion said:

Honestly, no. Not realistically. I can't imagine any studio wanting to put out an upscaled concert sourced from a poor quality standard def source on a Blu-ray Disc. Blu-ray as a format generally carries the moniker of always being top quality, and by buying Blu-ray you expect the format standard of the main feature being genuine-HD. Unfortunately footage broadcast live on TV in those days was always SD, same with footage shot on videotape (ie JAPAN). So a Blu-ray release is incredibly unlikely and wholly not worthwhile for studio or consumer. You'll also notice (now I've said it), that all BAT footage besides Paris suffers from the crushing and bleeding of colour, and there's significant contrast issues on each broadcast. These issues mean that unfortunately the fine detail you'd expect on a HD upscale just isn't going to be present.

However, a BAT Nice, Barcelona or Yokohama Remastered DVD with a decent transfer would be very welcome. Very, very welcome, but without Paris, a Blu-ray isn't going to happen as it wouldn't be any better than a DVD.

It's not a problem for a studio to sell upscaled blu-rays. I'm tired of buy upscaled Blu-rays because there is not other way to buy certain films or tv series. 

The only footage for blond ambition that could be used for a blu ray is the Paris footage so I don’t expect a blu ray ever now to be honest - I think maybe a dvd of the nice show bundled in a box set or tacked into a crappy cardboard digipak of the never going to be released LAP reissue with demos ????

Guest Nobody Knows Me
23 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

The only footage for blond ambition that could be used for a blu ray is the Paris footage so I don’t expect a blu ray ever now to be honest - I think maybe a dvd of the nice show bundled in a box set or tacked into a crappy cardboard digipak of the never going to be released LAP reissue with demos ????

Such a shame. Thank you for your responses though. 

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's not a problem for a studio to sell upscaled blu-rays. I'm tired of buy upscaled Blu-rays because there is not other way to buy certain films or tv series. 

I can't think of any upscaled bluray for sale, and a few years ago it wasn't allowed at all... it had to be 720p minimum, and that was very rare. 

I am probably part of a minority, but I'd rather get something we don't have - like unreleased demos - rather than an upscale of videos he already have.

In a certain way we are quite lucky with BAT: Yokohama, Houston, Barcelona, Nice and part of Paris. I'd live to see the New Jersey one, but there are tours that we are much less covered... I'd rather have a full Virgin Tour and WTG Florence than an upscale...

Guest Nobody Knows Me
7 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I am probably part of a minority, but I'd rather get something we don't have - like unreleased demos - rather than an upscale of videos he already have.

In a certain way we are quite lucky with BAT: Yokohama, Houston, Barcelona, Nice and part of Paris. I'd live to see the New Jersey one, but there are tours that we are much less covered... I'd rather have a full Virgin Tour and WTG Florence than an upscale...

Yeah that would be great. I know it’s been discussed to death, but one of the producers did claim that David Fincher shot the Japan shows, and since that hasn’t leaked, I’d be very interested in seeing that, if it exists.

I don’t know much about WTG in Florence? Is there another concert that was shot in its entirety? 

4 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Yeah that would be great. I know it’s been discussed to death, but one of the producers did claim that David Fincher shot the Japan shows, and since that hasn’t leaked, I’d be very interested in seeing that, if it exists.

I don’t know much about WTG in Florence? Is there another concert that was shot in its entirety? 

Apparently drowned world tour Barcelona was shot - probably as a test for the Detroit show HBO filmed by Hamish Hamilton 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, wtg1987 said:

Apparently drowned world tour Barcelona was shot - probably as a test for the Detroit show HBO filmed by Hamish Hamilton 

Now that I would like to see. I loved her hair on that night :Madonna041:

1 minute ago, Enrico said:

I haven’t so thank you, I’ll check it out now. 

I am not a techie or anything, but has anyone heard of Topaz AI Gigapixel? I think it's like some sort of software?

I've seen a few Michael Jackson videos on YouTube that are upscaled test clips from concerts, upscaled in 4K and 60FPS.

I don't know if anything like that would be doable with videotape, but if it's a recording on film it looks like footage could be enhanced a whole lot.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
59 minutes ago, itsleander said:

I am not a techie or anything, but has anyone heard of Topaz AI Gigapixel? I think it's like some sort of software?

I've seen a few Michael Jackson videos on YouTube that are upscaled test clips from concerts, upscaled in 4K and 60FPS.

I don't know if anything like that would be doable with videotape, but if it's a recording on film it looks like footage could be enhanced a whole lot.

Wow, that looks fantastic. I don’t really know much about this sort of stuff, but it would be amazing if they managed to do this for BAT.

This is the software, for anyone who wants more info... they show comparison footage, some quite pixelated, and the results look amazing in 4K. Would be awesome if Madonna's team would look in to this, remaster all her videos and re-upload them on her YouTube channel, and remaster BAT and release it. LOL

https://topazlabs.com/video-enhance-ai/

I ripped the Vogue performance from BAT that was uploaded on Madonna's channel a few days ago and I submitted a one minute clip on the Topaz Labs Video Enhance website for free enhancement... Download link below. It's a comparison video with screen split.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u2E07LipyRaQ_mni9EgKsU_WZPrPGm5-

The results is slightly better, but it's a quick render. Also I ripped it from YouTube, so the quality is average. I think the software has many more features to make it look better, but I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, itsleander said:

This is the software, for anyone who wants more info... they show comparison footage, some quite pixelated, and the results look amazing in 4K. Would be awesome if Madonna's team would look in to this, remaster all her videos and re-upload them on her YouTube channel, and remaster BAT and release it. LOL

https://topazlabs.com/video-enhance-ai/

Yes, this is what I was thinking about. They can use an AI Machine Learning software like this one to upscale them with much better quality than DVD or VHS. I’ve seen videos from video games on PlayStation 1 upscale to look very sharp and clear like it’s a modern video.