Blond Ambition and Re-Invention tours - who owns the rights?

Little Angel

the lighting was awful too ? im guessing when she moved to larger stadiums it looks a lot brighter. At this point i would be happy on any BA show being released on dvd as long as its an improvement in terms of picture quality and the sound is at least PCM audio - i just think ultimately she doesnt care about releasing this and never has ... irrespective of who owns the rights as that argument is as old as water .... 

58 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

the lighting was awful too ? im guessing when she moved to larger stadiums it looks a lot brighter. At this point i would be happy on any BA show being released on dvd as long as its an improvement in terms of picture quality and the sound is at least PCM audio - i just think ultimately she doesnt care about releasing this and never has ... irrespective of who owns the rights as that argument is as old as water .... 

Because yokohama has such a high quality source material, it could be remastered amazingly and color corrected. Lighting can be enhanced/amplified alot, gamma settings changed. I would more than welcome that release. Would anyone actually say no to Yomohama in 4k and bluray and streaming platforms?

8 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

It feels more like a dress rehearsal than a full concert but if they can get it restored I’ll take it.

They can, and also color correct it and amplicy lighting considerably. Also there are alot more footage/shots available than appeared on the LD. I do know they are considering this, and yes they really are! and it's the only source good enough for major reconstruction and for 4K and possible streaming platforms, but the issue is if Madonna can release legally. It was a Japan exclusive but maybe it changed with expited pioneer contract.

On 4/2/2020 at 4:53 AM, Monsieur Hugo X said:

JUST UPLOADED TO HER YOUTUBE OFFICIAL CHANNEL 

If every concert she released, especially Rebel Heart could have been filmed and released this way with minimal effects, some good audience shots and no major dubbing (although it's clear she is miming) it would be perfect.

11 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

It feels more like a dress rehearsal than a full concert but if they can get it restored I’ll take it.

To be fair though, this was very early on in the schedule. You can tell in the NJ proshot that by that time in her tour she was more comfortable and free with her moves. As a dancer, I find the choreography in Japan is very structured, very precise. Fast forward to Europe lol.... it’s all over the place haha.

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

They can, and also color correct it and amplicy lighting considerably. Also there are alot more footage/shots available than appeared on the LD. I do know they are considering this, and yes they really are! and it's the only source good enough for major reconstruction and for 4K and possible streaming platforms, but the issue is if Madonna can release legally. It was a Japan exclusive but maybe it changed with expited pioneer contract.

Source?

On 4/27/2020 at 11:39 AM, Alan Leggate said:

They are very polite and so is Madonna during it.... wonder how many shows it took before she started cursing.  

I don' t think any of her BATs were boring, love yoko, it is their culture to be like this. But may I ask you ALL and please reply: IF BAT were to be released in 4K and put on streaming services, BUT Yokohama would be the only sourse available to release it in such quality (plus some color corrected and light enhanching, gamma settings changed and contrast changed etc also)  would you rather have Yokohama released officially or nothing, since alot of fans are not very excited about Yoko. And Paris is not s possibility I am afraid, so it is nothing or Yoko. What would you prefer?

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

I don' t think any of her BATs were boring, love yoko, it is their culture to be like this. But may I ask you ALL and please reply: IF BAT were to be released in 4K and put on streaming services, BUT Yokohama would be the only sourse available to release it in such quality (plus some color corrected and light enhanching, gamma settings changed and contrast changed etc also)  would you rather have Yokohama released officially or nothing, since alot of fans are not very excited about Yoko. And Paris is not s possibility I am afraid, so it is nothing or Yoko. What would you prefer?

I think people would be glad for any high quality official release.

3 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

awkward lucille ball GIF

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I will take literally any high quality official release now. Even if it’s one of the shows the sound went out on her head set, I will take it.

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I will take literally any high quality official release now. Even if it’s one of the shows the sound went out on her head set, I will take it.

Yeah, but I think there will be very little demand for the Japan show, everyone has it any way and still believe Paris is a possibility. They will 1000% not risk losing money on this.

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

?

no I did not make this up but I don't wish to argue with you. It is perfectly understandable that you do not believe me, and I fully expected that. My goal is to see if there is any interest in releasing the yokohama show, not just here in this forum. I did tell him, and you all know this person, that is was highly unlikely people would believe me, and if they did, they wouldn't much care for this show being released anyway. And I really think there is no interest anyway. If you are wondering why I can't just tell you who it is, I was asked not to, and the reason relates to part of the reason the show couldn't be released before now. I approached him because of my not so secret desire for this tour to be released (not yoko though), not expecting to even get an answer, but I did and after some discussion I was told, like I said, it was a possibility now being considered. This person is someone who would want this tour released also. If a huge demand for this to be released is really based on me telling you who he is, than I suppose I can tell him that and maybe he says ok with it, but until then I have zero energy to argue. I have a board exam in 1 day and I haven't slept for two. I know you will wish me luck. :)

The Yokohama show seems very subdued to me.

She doesn't seems totally comfortable yet (understandable as the tour was just starting out), but even the lighting seems so incredibly dark, barely lit up - especially when you compare it to the Barcelona and Nice dates. Almost like they used a fraction of the lighting from the European shows...  I mean, parts of even the set are missing like the curtain during LAV and Sooner or Later/Hanky Panky. I think even the Lempicka-like backdrop for Vogue is missing.

I really loved the New Jersey show. It too, however seems very dark to me too. Did they just decide to dramatically enhance the lighting once she got to Europe? It seems like all the Japanese/North American shows are significantly darker. like it's just a few lights and a very bright spotlight. But the actual performance itself of that show was amazing.

Did she use fog for the show? Sometimes I swear I see it for some dates, and some I don't at all.

My love the Nice show because the quality is great, and the lighting is superb. The camera angles are amazing and you really can see the entire stage and get a better feel of the whole show. She knows the show like the back of her hand. In a perfect world, it would be perfect if she just had the ponytail. To me, when I first saw clips of the show, she had the ponytail, so my first impression of the show is with it... it's just ingrained in my brain.

Now if you could get all of Alek's footage of the show from Paris and put that together, I'd say the hell with everything else because it looks superior to all other shows filmed, but we all know that cannot ever happen since the footage is allegedly lost. But the Paris show would be the ultimate BAT show to have.

That said, I would gladly buy any variation that was officially released without batting an eye.

Edited by jtrover (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, jtrover said:

The Yokohama show seems very subdued to me.

She doesn't seems totally comfortable yet (understandable as the tour was just starting out), but even the lighting seems so incredibly dark, barely lit up - especially when you compare it to the Barcelona and Nice dates. Almost like they used a fraction of the lighting from the European shows...  I mean, parts of even the set are missing like the curtain during LAV and Sooner or Later/Hanky Panky. I think even the Lempicka-like backdrop for Vogue is missing.

I really loved the New Jersey show. It too, however seems very dark to me too. Did they just decide to dramatically enhance the lighting once she got to Europe? It seems like all the Japanese/North American shows are significantly darker. like it's just a few lights and a very bright spotlight. But the actual performance itself of that show was amazing.

Did she use fog for the show? Sometimes I swear I see it for some dates, and some I don't at all.

My love the Nice show because the quality is great, and the lighting is superb. The camera angles are amazing and you really can see the entire stage and get a better feel of the whole show. She knows the show like the back of her hand. In a perfect world, it would be perfect if she just had the ponytail. To me, when I first saw clips of the show, she had the ponytail, so my first impression of the show is with it... it's just ingrained in my brain.

Now if you could get all of Alek's footage of the show from Paris and put that together, I'd say the hell with everything else because it looks superior to all other shows filmed, but we all know that cannot ever happen since the footage is allegedly lost. But the Paris show would be the ultimate BAT to have.

Having the Paris footage released on bluray is every fan's dream, mine no less than anyone else. About the lighting, first of all, yes they added lights later but the lights you see in Barcelona and nice were added at the tail end of the tour for the taping because the found it too dark, but in my opinion I find they grossly overdid it with all the neon colors, as the earliest show were under-lit, the Nice is over-lit, that Pink color for example in Express yourself is pretty terrible in my opinion but I would still rather have Nice released, it is amazing show, they all are too me.

The reason Yoko is so dark is combination of several things, first it was early in the tour and they hadn't really perfected the lighting, the in fact kept adding them later in the US and then they went all nuts with those colored lights in Barcelona and Nice. Due to the vocals in Nice, that many find just part of the charm is most likely something Madonna isn't very fond of. The Yoko is also dark because the wind kept blowing away the smoke which is needed for the lights to diffuse. But most fans have some crap version of the yoko show as the picture and audio quality of Yoko is considerably better than Nice. Nice was taped in PAL, than converted to NTSC; which is the in-house, that looks much better than the regular LD rip fans have of the yoko show; that not only looks dark, but have a has rather faded colors and grayish/dull overlay. But the source recordings look really good of the yoko show, and it was done in NTSC, and there was much more footage than was on the release as you probably know as it can be found on youtube or used to be at least, I have seen 2 or 3 songs there. The Paris lighting is the best we have seen but I don't know if you have read about all the work they did only for that show. There is interesting reading material you can easily find that explains the amount of time that took to color correct every frame, doing light enhancements etc. basically it is really amazingly done. There is a reason the lights look so good and coloring is just crazy good. But as I just said before replying to you, and I am am just going to copy/pase part of it:  Paris dates weren't filmed except 10 songs, but the whole Paris part was taped, But a bluray or editing in the style of TOD is not possible when only selected songs were filmed for the movie. You do not want a mix of taped and filmed bluray; the quality of the taped part is not bluray material, it would be worse than MDNA mixed pixture quality. And no I do not have a source, but I think if people really want the Paris Bluray/stream mentioned in the other thread and by default don't believe me; then they should use their imagination and think who could know this fact for certain and is it really so difficult  to just get in contact? Why not try, nothing bad will happen, forget Guy Oseary, but you can of course try to reach him but he has never replied to me. 

There has been endless "only selected songs were filmed" vs "no the entire concert was filmed  I was there and there were cameras also in  the other songs" on and on it goes. Given it was 30 years and I really want that show released and that dumb pioneer deal is not a problem anymore I was hoping she would release the Nice show, so I contacted someone to my surprised told me... everything mentioned above, Nice source material is pretty much just the in-house but higher bitrate and it is not possible to use is for bluray and the possible streaming mentioned. I asked about Paris of course and if the entire thing was filmed or not and unfortunately no it wasn't and I asked: are you sure annoyingly often.  Those songs were mapped out for the movie, with LAP and HP also filmed but only ended up as extra and not edited and processed the same way. There were other things than the pioneer LD deal blocking BAT being released on DVD long time ago. Most shows were taped for the monitors and some had added cameras, and actually future leaks wouldn't surprise me. BUT as for releasing the entire concert in 4K and streaming, the only source material good enough is yokohama. It was released as a Japan exclusive at the time but i have no idea  why it is possible to release it now. The  material for will of course never look anything like Paris, but they can do much more with it than other shows, like it doesn't look grayish like those terrible LD rips, also it can be color corrected, lighting can be enhanched/amplified considerable, gamma settings need to be increased etc. Also details that cannot be seen can be brought to light. When you see on youtube these fan made "remastered Yoko shows" basically what is done is the color has been increased, often too much, as it is not actual color correction, it is just increase in all the colors, and because those LD rips look so grayish; what I see is basically just brightness decreased to eliminate the grayish black but it ends up totally too dark and over all terrible. What needs to be done is enhance the brightness selectively probably increase the contrast and not make the picture darker as the source recording doesn't look like that. But this is the way it is. It is of course not up to me me to decide if a concert is released or not but there was concern that the demand for the tour was not that great, as doing this is expensive. So I guess we will just live with what we have. The Nice leak isn't really any worse in quality than WTGT or GS anyway, which isn't saying much of course.

I'd actually prefer Yokohama to be released.

She looks at her best, her vocals are better than any other show on the tour and she isn't traipsing around the stage effing and blinding.

Personally it's the ideal show for me.

I can't  imagine any big fan of Madonna's not preordering an official BAT release regardless of the show...

That said, I'd be far less interested in buying Nice or Barcelona because she sounds horrendous and the source material is crap... I'd buy it when it's reduced.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, scion said:

I'd actually prefer Yokohama to be released.

She looks at her best, her vocals are better than any other show on the tour and she isn't traipsing around the stage effing and blinding.

I agree with you. It’s my favourite of the three. One sweet day...

Guest Nobody Knows Me
52 minutes ago, scion said:

Haha here's hoping. 

I just wish there was hope for an incredible quality WTG show... but alas, no :(

Yeah me too, that’s one of my favourite tours. I really do pray they’d get her YouTube channel sorted and get as many videos and performances remastered and uploaded as they can :(