Blond Ambition Tour | Paris

Andymad

9 hours ago, deathproof said:

Pioneer no longer holds the rights to that release, they haven't in a long time.

Says who?

Mind you, THAT was for the Nice recording, NOT the Paris recording which is what this thread is about. And Pioneer had the rights to the laserdisc master, not the raw footage.

I doubt Pioneer made a deal only for one show during a world tour, doesn't make real sense.

I agree with you regarding the Laserdisc vs. DVD master. 

Also, IMDB is no different than wikipedia.

Absolutely. A wonderful source thanks to all the dedicated contributors. Don't despise them.

IMDB, as for physical releases, is quite reliable : there's nothing easier than reading a sleeve / leaflet, so the margin of error is real low.

Peter Magennis (who I think is on this forum) did a great blog with two people who worked on the Paris filming:

Lisa Hollingshead (Line producer of the Blond Ambition footage shot for TOD):
http://thebeatswithin.blogspot.com/2011/09/truth-or-dare-lisa-hollingshead-speaks.html

Toby Phillips (Cinematographer):
thebeatswithin.blogspot.com/2011/12/truth-or-dare-toby-phillips-speaks.html

5 hours ago, Maddyone said:

Peter Magennis (who I think is on this forum) did a great blog with two people who worked on the Paris filming:

http://thebeatswithin.blogspot.com/2011/09/truth-or-dare-lisa-hollingshead-speaks.html

Yeah i was about to post these links, thanks for having done it. The producers interviewed here confirm that the full Paris shows were filmed and that David Fincher indeed shot the Tokyo shows in full. 

Sadly Alek Keshishian said in an interview in 2011 when he was celebrating the 20th anniversary of Truth or dare that most footage were lost and they don't know where it is including what did not make into the movie (= hours of film). He said he did not know if Madonna kept copies of all this as she was the producer but the masters and film were lost when Disney bought Miramax in the 90's. 

9 hours ago, Maddyone said:

Wow... so show WAS filmed in its entirety... I wonder if it frustrates her. That it is literally her most beloved by fans treasure, THE most asked for, THE most talked about Madonna show... and this incredibly filmed concert never saw the light of say in its complete form. It must annoy her lol. 

#icantfindthetapesisnoexcuse

16 hours ago, Popeline said:

Yeah i was about to post these links, thanks for having done it. The producers interviewed here confirm that the full Paris shows were filmed and that David Fincher indeed shot the Tokyo shows in full. 

Sadly Alek Keshishian said in an interview in 2011 when he was celebrating the 20th anniversary of Truth or dare that most footage were lost and they don't know where it is including what did not make into the movie (= hours of film). He said he did not know if Madonna kept copies of all this as she was the producer but the masters and film were lost when Disney bought Miramax in the 90's. 

What about releasing the Tokyo show?

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

What about releasing the Tokyo show?

That must be a copyrights nightmare to solve...Apparently Madonna is the main producer but Propaganda is also a producer then is David Fincher up to it ? In the end all we can say is that for a show that had no proper release on video and dvd it is the show that was the most filmed of all her shows. 

7 hours ago, Popeline said:

That must be a copyrights nightmare to solve...Apparently Madonna is the main producer but Propaganda is also a producer then is David Fincher up to it ? In the end all we can say is that for a show that had no proper release on video and dvd it is the show that was the most filmed of all her shows. 

Yeah, it is ironic and frustrating, at least we have Yoko and Nice in quality ar least equal to Girlie Show and WTGT and even DWT, and these three were actually official DVDs.

I would LOVE (obviously) the full, complete Paris performance. It was filmed so beautifully on 35mm. I'm sure it would be almost every fan's dream to have a copy of this somehow, shape or form. 

I saw her June 1, 1990 in Michigan the night we all sang Happy Birthday to here Dad after Holiday.

I honestly and truly prefer the ponytail though I must say. I find it truly suited all the costumes better.

The Yokohama show to me is too dark. I hardly see any lights and it seems like parts of the backdrop are missing at times. The Nice show is better in all aspects but I actually find the Barcelona show to be the best all of 3 personally. They all pale in comparison to the Truth or Dare (Bercy) footage however. Ponytail or not, I want it! Although, it's 99.9% of a chance we'll never see the rest of it.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:07 PM, kesiak said:

People keep repeating this (in relation to Re-Invention Tour as well) but it makes absolutely no sense. Firstly, everyone would be getting paid for their time regardless (might as well shoot everything in that case). Secondly, you don't know exactly what you're going to use while making a movie (documentary especially) - when they were doing the Paris shows there was no way to know what actual footage is going to fit into the final movie and what performances would suit the story arch.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:41 PM, poserdemadonna said:

Exactly. I strongly believe Alek filmed both nights in full.

I guess I have to eat my words as it appears that Alek didn't film the entire Paris shows in the end: he talks about it in this Q&A (around 23:30 mark). I guess that answers the question - we'll never get a full Paris show.

53 minutes ago, poserdemadonna said:

:Madonna041:

I guess he did say that. But the line producer, she said they DID film the shows in its entirety. I want to believe HEERRRRRR:crying:

just like, help us out girl. 

Madonna- The Blond Ambition Tour 1990- Unseen and Un-Cut. I can see it now. Because it’s been unseen :(

5 hours ago, kesiak said:

I guess I have to eat my words as it appears that Alek didn't film the entire Paris shows in the end: he talks about it in this Q&A (around 23:30 mark). I guess that answers the question - we'll never get a full Paris show.

That's so awful to learn.... but it's kinda expected. She hasn't put much effort to archive the tours. And Alek thinks the "HBO" compares in any way? ekk. If one portion of what the Line Producer said is not accurate then I won't get my hopes up about those Japan shows being actually filmed, cos it always sounded too good to be true. It might be that the only thing we'll ever get is what's already on the documentary. :sad:

Thanks for posting that Q&A.

• madgefan changed the title to Blond Ambition Tour | Paris
  • madgefan pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan unpinned this topic