The ending of the big tours?

Luiz Ribeiro

Am I wrong or she's still got a last (the 4th) world tour planned, according to her 2008 Live Nation contract? I don't think the Sticky and Sweet 2009 reprise counts as two different productions.

... and, anyway, if RHT was really her last world tour I think she would have managed to announce it very loudly to create a stronger buzz around it.

So my idea is that M's intimate residency is maybe something close to come, but I don't think we're still there as the only option.

EDIT: in a new EW nterview, posted on a specific topic in this forum, she clarifies what she's got in mind at the moment:

I’m definitely thinking about experimenting with other musical genres right now and working with musicians from around the world to create a show that continues to involve music and dance [but also] poetry and humor, something on the intimate level of Tears of Clown [Madonna’s experimental theater show, which is included in the Rebel Heart Tour DVD]. There would be still some small production with lights, but much simpler and in a much smaller venue. I really like doing that.

http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/13118-ew-interview-madonna-on-the-rise-of-trump-of-course-i%E2%80%99m-saying-i-predicted-it/#entry594311

If Madonna owes LN a tour, she will tour. It's simple. I'm pretty sure we are the only people who are speculating whether that must be completed in 10 years, so I she wants to do a smaller, intimate residency in between tours in a small theater, id assume she'd need a deal with a venue and it's box office not live nation,

People are taking her words way too literally.  She's just stirring around ideas.  Whatever she decides to do, whether it's more intimate shows or a grand one, LIVE NATION will still be part of the process.  It doesn't mean she's thinking of retiring.  It doesn't mean she isn't going to go on world tours.  It just means she's thinking of making the show more smaller and intimate. 

I think Vegas is definitely out of her sight. How can you forget ALL the times she's said she would hate to stay there for a prolonged period? She's addressed it in different occasions, for example during the promotion of Confessions. Rumors about being in more "intimate and smaller" places have come and gone throughout the years, and see, after 6 gigantic world tours she wouldn't slow it down for one minute. Actually I think the formula has got tired and markets change over time. Maybe she's been forced to continue due to contractual obligations, after all she signed the Live Nation deal exactly 10 years ago. As someone previously said, she might be hinting something very specific right now, like she was waiting to hear the best offer.

Now that she's got 2 more children to raise, it's kind of telling she will slow it down a bit; although Drowned World and Re-invention happened when Rocco was still a baby. Now that she's almost 60 it's natural for anybody to take things with more serenity. To be honest, I find it quite funny to read some people wish she was still in her 30s, as if anything wouldn't have happened in between   :confused: She grew old fellas, wake up!

As for the tour itinerary, I can picture her performing in the same places she used to book several shows in a row: Los Angeles, New York City, London, Paris, or even Berlin and Rome. There's no way she's going back to Russia. As for the rest of the world, there's only one place she's never toured and it's Southafrica  :thinker:

Who knows what her future brings. She's now in Lisbon getting inspired in a healthy environment for her children. And it's closer than ever to places like Spain, the UK, and France. Let's pay attention to the surprises she will prepare then.

I agree with what emerges from the last posts, I think we could still have numbers like Vogue or Human Nature as performed at the Olympia Theatre in 2012, but the structure and the setlist of the show could become more various and intimate as what she's trying with the Tears of a Clown project.

The thing is exciting to me, if so it's gonna provide changing setlists, with some unexpected songs here and there, and creative and charming new arrangement, with NEW INSTRUMENTS INVOLVED, talented musicians and voices ... I mean musically this could really be amazing and creating something new can become a huge source of creativity and excitment for her at this point.

(just to dream a bit, I only wanna say how I see Patrick Leonard, Donna and Nicky perfectly involved in this)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been saying Madonna would not tour large since post MDNA. Actually even during rehearsals I was sure MDNA would be the last massive tour, she was always injured and exhausted, then the constant rain and tech problems and getting sick. I knew RHT would be indoors, she was done with stadiums. When I went saw RHT and when she did TOAC, I was pretty much sure that was the direction she was going in.

I think this has more to do with her own personal comfort, I think she loved RHT and connecting more and just chatting and singing, as that was a large portion of that show (something she so rarely has done) Plus I think whatever competitive streak she had to be mainstream is gone, during all the press for RH she seemed to reconcile herself with the idea that that part of career was done, and I could not be happier.

Yes I want 80's/90's Madonna back, but that life was hectic and chaotic and exhausting. I think she wants to chill and she is calming down even more than ever before. She has given us so much, I would love it if she just takes it easy. Releases music when she feels like and puts on shows whenever the mood strikes her.

A smaller type show is easier to put together at a moments notice, meaning she can just call the troupe together whenever, rather than devote so much time and energy. Her family and Malawi and her directing career and various little projects are the top of the line now, I feel the music is where it needs to be, a place she can visit whenever she feels like, instead of it being her main focus. Might be disappointing to some, but getting out of the rat race, without pressures and doing music at her leisure will be so much more fulfilling in the long run.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

Honestly, it was nice to see a more intimate Madonna show with the Madame X Tour. However, to be completely honest, it isn’t something I’d necessarily want her to do again. It’d be cool to see her do one-off Olympia type gigs again in between eras or something, but for me, arena tours are my personal favourite. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
39 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

Personally I'd love her to start doing Summer Tours between eras kinda like what Kylie did in 2015 & 2019

Yeah that’d be great. I get that she doesn’t like the idea of doing an 80+ dates greatest hits tour in the future (as much as I’d love it) but it could generate more buzz if she announced a limited date summer stadium tour perhaps. 

On 4/7/2020 at 10:46 PM, louis.exe said:

Personally I'd love her to start doing Summer Tours between eras kinda like what Kylie did in 2015 & 2019

I would like a summer season tour again, even if it is for a current record. The warm days, party feeling, people from everywhere and holidays are great for a Madonna concert experience. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

I would like a summer season tour again, even if it is for a current record. The warm days, party feeling, people from everywhere and holidays are great for a Madonna concert experience. 

Yeah it’d be great, and I also think it could be better for her instead of the huge 80+ date tours.