Will Madonna Ever Have A Hit Single Again?

baymad4her

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

madfan13_86

Come to terms with her legacy? In case you haven't noticed, she's putting together her biopic. So she's revisiting her past in her own way, at her own pace and in the way she wants to do it.  Moreover, I think she's actually been flirting with her legacy for a while, just not in a very obvious way (which is her right too). She often likes to reuse her old lyrics (like "Vogue" on "Holy Water", or even "Don't Tell Me" in "Future"), posts old photos on her IG, and I'm pretty sure Madame X is t

Husam Elzien

Honestly, I think her disdain of deeply revisiting her past has now reached a point of backfiring. In the politics of women in music, Madonna managed to maintain relevancy chart wise well past the "expiration" years because she still had killer hits and the appeal to back her up. But there was a shift in her public persona that started during MDNA where some of the things she said or did for shock-value or controversy came across as desperate and/or an attempt to keep up with Katy, Gaga, Beyonce

Mden

https://twitter.com/GodnessMadame marcus @GodnessMadame How to help Madonna’s upcoming 2 new songs to become hits- a thread 10:44 PM · May 31, 2023 · 1. First of all, stream the songs. And I mean as much as you can. Create playlists with both of the songs, but always put 2-3 different tracks in between them so they don’t get filtered out. Play on atleast 25% volume 2. Buy the songs on itunes if you can. Purchase all the versions available. This will boost the song

Posted Images

2 hours ago, baymad4her said:

In hoping these new "Frozen" remixes can at least give Madonna a top 40 hit in the UK, but I very much doubt it will chart anywhere ?

I live in the U.K. and very doubtful about this - if an amazing song like ghost town couldn’t and a shit song like the frozen remix can just shows how awful peoples taste in music are now - only way she would get a hit is to duet with Adele or swift . Possibly Gaga ?

17 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I live in the U.K. and very doubtful about this - if an amazing song like ghost town couldn’t and a shit song like the frozen remix can just shows how awful peoples taste in music are now - only way she would get a hit is to duet with Adele or swift . Possibly Gaga ?

I don't necessarily agree with that. It seems to be the only way to get a hit in the UK, at least, is to have radio support, namely Radio 1.

I don't agree that young people ain't interested in her music, if it's on the radio and they like it, they will stream it, only Radio 1 are ageist c*nts.

19 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

@wtg1987

888 (1).jpg

On 2/5/2022 at 12:59 PM, baymad4her said:

That was in the 80s, it wouldn't work now.

Frozen, Sky fits heaven, To have an not to hold, Nothing really matters...

released in 1998.

And the only reason why FROZEN is being rediscovered is because is a GOOD song,

it was, and will always be.

GOOD songs lasts.

I talked to him via instagram, and he was kind enough to answer me, before the pandemic.

He's so down to earth and humble!

and he's the most talented musician Madonna has ever worked!

And IT WOULD WORK NOW!  I'm sure  of it

I'm talking about PATRICK LEONARD, of course!!!

She would not have the carreer she has had, without him. The thing is he has always give her strong and catchy melodies where she could add amazing lyrics and sing with emotion so they created masterpieces. One of the problems of Rebel Heart, Madame x and even Confessions or Hard Candy is the lack of intense melodies where she can express her humanity, so she sometimes sings like a robot with uptempo music that does not sound emotional and do not reach audience´s heart, as it happened with Frozen, LAP, La isla bonita, Live to tell and many others.

On 2/5/2022 at 6:59 AM, baymad4her said:

In hoping these new "Frozen" remixes can at least give Madonna a top 40 hit in the UK, but I very much doubt it will chart anywhere ?

Basically zero chance….The affection & admiration for M in the UK from the general public is practically non existent now. Whenever she’s mentioned among people I know it’s in a retrospective way about how they enjoyed her old stuff but how she’s now lost the plot, embarrassing bla bla. Kinda sad that the UK once was such a huge market for her & literally they have no interest anymore. She doesn’t even appeal as a legacy artist to the older generation that grew up with her because she alienated them and they can’t relate to her these days. I also firmly believe her lateness & behaviour on recent tours and blatant disregard for fans has not helped. 

1 hour ago, VeronicaElectronica said:

Basically zero chance….The affection & admiration for M in the UK from the general public is practically non existent now. Whenever she’s mentioned among people I know it’s in a retrospective way about how they enjoyed her old stuff but how she’s now lost the plot, embarrassing bla bla. Kinda sad that the UK once was such a huge market for her & literally they have no interest anymore. She doesn’t even appeal as a legacy artist to the older generation that grew up with her because she alienated them and they can’t relate to her these days. I also firmly believe her lateness & behaviour on recent tours and blatant disregard for fans has not helped. 

This is wild to me. I always assume whatever she puts out does well there because that's the way it always was. When I really think about it, I haven't paid attention to charts in a long time. Longer than I thought maybe. So reading this was actually a bit of a shock. I always felt like the UK "got" her more than anywhere else. 

11 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

This is wild to me. I always assume whatever she puts out does well there because that's the way it always was. When I really think about it, I haven't paid attention to charts in a long time. Longer than I thought maybe. So reading this was actually a bit of a shock. I always felt like the UK "got" her more than anywhere else. 

Yeah it’s sad and those I knew who were fans just don’t seem to get excited by her anymore. I still keep flying the flag but even I sometimes question why!

I guess I yearn for the glory days again!!! 

I was honestly shocked Living For Love wasn’t a hit. 

She’s only going to get an organic hit if it’s a solo smash of a song that she promotes the hell out of. IT HAS TO BE THE LEAD SINGLE. 

It will only work if it’s a lead single. She only gets the first release rush once an album cycle so she’s got to make the most of it. The song should be something like Ghosttown or Crave but more powerful vocally. And she NEEDS to perform it immediately with a very well done performance

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

She follows Ed Sheeran on Instagram now (since when?). If he's one of the guests on the "Frozen" remixes (??) maybe she has a chance to get a mainstream hit again. Not really keen on the idea, though, but...

Not excited about this possibility neither, if the remixes aren't that good but at least chart, we'll, we'll keep that at least 

Dog Shopping GIF

49 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I was honestly shocked Living For Love wasn’t a hit. 

She’s only going to get an organic hit if it’s a solo smash of a song that she promotes the hell out of. IT HAS TO BE THE LEAD SINGLE. 

It will only work if it’s a lead single. She only gets the first release rush once an album cycle so she’s got to make the most of it. The song should be something like Ghosttown or Crave but more powerful vocally. And she NEEDS to perform it immediately with a very well done performance

She's 63 and a pop artist. There's no way she's getting a mainstream hit now with a solo song. Not gonna happen.

By the way, promotion for "Rebel Heart" was crazy. She did the Grammys, the Brits and lots of TV and performances in the UK, the US, France, Italy. She did interviews with almost every local newspaper. There are countless interviews from that era. She really WORKED that record. And still didn't get any hits. I think that's where she finally gave up, with "MDNA" she had the non promo excuse, but with "Rebel Heart" she did everything she could (in terms of current music and promotion) with no results. It's like she thought "f**k it" after that and went with whatever was in her heart with "Madame X" later.

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

If Kylie can do it maybe Madonna can too?

Even though Kylies is doing well it still hasn't hit number 1. Its doing well virally and in terms of sales and the song is great but it's just streaming its ruined everything.