Will Madonna Ever Have A Hit Single Again?

baymad4her

I doubt she will have another hit - is hard to define what a hit is now but suppose it depends heavily on being played on the radio a lot 

Her decision to leave Warners and go with Interscope/Live Nation I think mainly caused her run of hit songs to end  - 3 albums that all would have benefited from more work before being released and probably different production that Warners would have helped her on, really poor choice of lead singles on all 3 Warners usually always picked the right lead single for her albums, poorly promoted by the record label to the point the general public did not really know she even had a new album out for each of them and very few decent remixes coming from those albums. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

madfan13_86

Come to terms with her legacy? In case you haven't noticed, she's putting together her biopic. So she's revisiting her past in her own way, at her own pace and in the way she wants to do it.  Moreover, I think she's actually been flirting with her legacy for a while, just not in a very obvious way (which is her right too). She often likes to reuse her old lyrics (like "Vogue" on "Holy Water", or even "Don't Tell Me" in "Future"), posts old photos on her IG, and I'm pretty sure Madame X is t

Husam Elzien

Honestly, I think her disdain of deeply revisiting her past has now reached a point of backfiring. In the politics of women in music, Madonna managed to maintain relevancy chart wise well past the "expiration" years because she still had killer hits and the appeal to back her up. But there was a shift in her public persona that started during MDNA where some of the things she said or did for shock-value or controversy came across as desperate and/or an attempt to keep up with Katy, Gaga, Beyonce

Mden

https://twitter.com/GodnessMadame marcus @GodnessMadame How to help Madonna’s upcoming 2 new songs to become hits- a thread 10:44 PM · May 31, 2023 · 1. First of all, stream the songs. And I mean as much as you can. Create playlists with both of the songs, but always put 2-3 different tracks in between them so they don’t get filtered out. Play on atleast 25% volume 2. Buy the songs on itunes if you can. Purchase all the versions available. This will boost the song

Posted Images

The one thing that comes to my mind is how artists like Madonna tend to have a resurgence from time to time.  More recently, she's been dabbling with a lot of other artists. Up to this point, nothing has really clicked, but with the Sam Smith and The Weeknd collabs, that seems to be changing.  With her being on a "Celebratory" tour, and this recent interest on other people's track, it very well could create an interest of her having a major comeback.  Ordinarily, I would say she hasn't a chance anymore, but with the right choices and formula, she may be able to pull it off.  The recent news of both Madonna and The Weeknd are interested in working on an album together, could definitely create the right formula for a major hit on her hands.  That is if The Weeknd doesn't have a major fall of interest in the next couple of years.  

9 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Yes. Next week she will return to the charts with her new single with The Weeknd, also the week after with Sam Smeet. 

Most definitely she has a great chance with The Weeknd.  And I think the Smith collab will probably have a quick impact when it's first released, but quickly fall.  From what I can tell, the fan bases for the Sam Smith and Madonna will go hard in purchasing and streaming, while The Weeknd will have the benefit of more mainstream success.

4 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

Looks like she will this week. I would still love her to have a hit on her own with no collaborations though.

Highly unlikely.  Radio just won't play her anymore.  That plays a huge role in getting hits still.  At least with Vulgar, she had a hand in writing the song.  It's very much who she is. At this point, we've got to accept what is. 

I’ve seen it already like 4 times in different fan accounts in fb and also in popjustice, tied to the tour announcement as mentioned. I don’t know who bizzarap is but he did have two big hits with Shakira and Peso pluma. They did even posted a fake photo so that’s why I didn’t post anything here. The photo I can find