Will Madonna Ever Have A Hit Single Again?

baymad4her

7 minutes ago, Jascka said:

Yeah, why not?! :laughing: What she did with Maluma was so embarrasing ??

So yeah, it would be a truly incredible chance to see the two of them on the same stage for example. But she probably thinks he's not handsome... 

Yeah and if that don't give her a hit single then I dunno what will

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

madfan13_86

Come to terms with her legacy? In case you haven't noticed, she's putting together her biopic. So she's revisiting her past in her own way, at her own pace and in the way she wants to do it.  Moreover, I think she's actually been flirting with her legacy for a while, just not in a very obvious way (which is her right too). She often likes to reuse her old lyrics (like "Vogue" on "Holy Water", or even "Don't Tell Me" in "Future"), posts old photos on her IG, and I'm pretty sure Madame X is t

Husam Elzien

Honestly, I think her disdain of deeply revisiting her past has now reached a point of backfiring. In the politics of women in music, Madonna managed to maintain relevancy chart wise well past the "expiration" years because she still had killer hits and the appeal to back her up. But there was a shift in her public persona that started during MDNA where some of the things she said or did for shock-value or controversy came across as desperate and/or an attempt to keep up with Katy, Gaga, Beyonce

Mden

https://twitter.com/GodnessMadame marcus @GodnessMadame How to help Madonna’s upcoming 2 new songs to become hits- a thread 10:44 PM · May 31, 2023 · 1. First of all, stream the songs. And I mean as much as you can. Create playlists with both of the songs, but always put 2-3 different tracks in between them so they don’t get filtered out. Play on atleast 25% volume 2. Buy the songs on itunes if you can. Purchase all the versions available. This will boost the song

Posted Images

Anyone who says it isn't exclusively ageism I feel isn't looking at the reality of the way the world (and the business) really is. 

The last "new" song I heard radio playing regularly by Madonna was in 2002 with 'Die Another Day'. Madonna was 44 years old then. I have never since then heard a new Madonna song played on the radio here where I live. 

The entire music business is so drastically different in every way from when Madonna would release an album or a single in the 80's. True Blue I believe is globally her best selling studio album. Look at the promotion she did for that album... not too much. By the time the WTG tour started, the singles from the album had already been released, and it had been a year roughly since the album was released.  Regardless, you could take the best Madonna song ever (as if it were new and previously unreleased) and release it now and it still would not become a hit. That's just the way it is unfortunately. Now IF radio would actually play the songs, maybe that would change, but it never will. They are catering to the kids and young adults since they are the ones that mostly purchase music. 

Mind you, I wish all of this was different. But I just accepted 15 years ago that Madonna's days of new songs being played on hit radio was over (at least here in North America).  She had an exceptional run. She had 20 full years of radio support which any artist would be lucky and grateful to have. 

Should she have still had her current music at the time played on the radio? Without question or hesitation YES! But, there's nothing obviously anyone could've done. Not even she could change that. Madonna's music the past 15 years have obviously been good enough for radio. It's a heck of a lot better than the majority of music that has been played and charted well. But unlike other artists, Madonna is not young. I do believe it is absolutely due to her age. It is the ONLY reason. And if anybody doesn't believe me, I'll just leave you with 1 word... Ghosttown.

Im not gonna stream something a thousand times so she can get a hit.

She doesnt need them anymore. She’s Madonna. She’s beyond radio and streaming.

Her status, her effect, her music, her message, her impact is there. No matter what.

Good Luck hearing Ed Sheeran in 10 years.

Charts do not dictate success.

Thats why we can have albums like Madame X where there are zero fucks to give about what people have to say or what will chart.

2 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

Her status, her effect, her music, her message, her impact is there. No matter what.

Thats why we can have albums like Madame X where there are zero fucks to give about what people have to say or what will chart.

Madame X is a number 1 album in the US, Rebel Heart was number 2. The promo she does is for chart success. To keep a career like hers going I think you need that. At least the way we have known her career. Streaming helps support that

4 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

Hell Yeah! :Madonna057:

8 hours ago, Synchrone said:

Madame X is a number 1 album in the US, Rebel Heart was number 2. The promo she does is for chart success. To keep a career like hers going I think you need that. At least the way we have known her career. Streaming helps support that

Why buy the physical product if your gonna hit repeat ?

17 hours ago, Synchrone said:

Yea I doubt on her own right now in the US but If she got on a song like old town road or like a Billie Eilish song she could. Basically be a featured artist but no champagne rose

That's what I said, with Ed Sheeran but as I've said before, if radio doesn't play her songs, the random person won't know she's got a song out

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I think anything is possible when it comes to Madonna. Whatever the case, girl is and will go out with a "statement"! No one will ever forget her. Whether they have been a fan or not, or wrong or right, she's defied and touched people. 

I'd like to be proven wrong but I just don't see it