Will Madonna Ever Have A Hit Single Again?

baymad4her

1 minute ago, Husam Elzien said:

I mean she did make it apart of an elite group of hits (Holiday, Vogue, La Isla, Like a Virgin) that gets pulled out on almost every tour.

I think the MXT broke the Candy Shop spell at least lol, I don't think we'll ever  hear it live again

Not the case for holiday, isla and vogue tho :Madonna025:

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

madfan13_86

Come to terms with her legacy? In case you haven't noticed, she's putting together her biopic. So she's revisiting her past in her own way, at her own pace and in the way she wants to do it.  Moreover, I think she's actually been flirting with her legacy for a while, just not in a very obvious way (which is her right too). She often likes to reuse her old lyrics (like "Vogue" on "Holy Water", or even "Don't Tell Me" in "Future"), posts old photos on her IG, and I'm pretty sure Madame X is t

Husam Elzien

Honestly, I think her disdain of deeply revisiting her past has now reached a point of backfiring. In the politics of women in music, Madonna managed to maintain relevancy chart wise well past the "expiration" years because she still had killer hits and the appeal to back her up. But there was a shift in her public persona that started during MDNA where some of the things she said or did for shock-value or controversy came across as desperate and/or an attempt to keep up with Katy, Gaga, Beyonce

Mden

https://twitter.com/GodnessMadame marcus @GodnessMadame How to help Madonna’s upcoming 2 new songs to become hits- a thread 10:44 PM · May 31, 2023 · 1. First of all, stream the songs. And I mean as much as you can. Create playlists with both of the songs, but always put 2-3 different tracks in between them so they don’t get filtered out. Play on atleast 25% volume 2. Buy the songs on itunes if you can. Purchase all the versions available. This will boost the song

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, baymad4her said:

So, Elton John has managed to get to Number 1 on the UK Singles Chart in 2021, this week (with Dua Lipa)

Madonna could get a hit if she collaborated with someone popular! Why does she not do that?

She's been doing mostly that for the past 14 years

4 hours ago, baymad4her said:

So, Elton John has managed to get to Number 1 on the UK Singles Chart in 2021, this week (with Dua Lipa)

Madonna could get a hit if she collaborated with someone popular! Why does she not do that?

Honestly I’d rather her not have a number one than have one based on the popularity of a young inferior artist

4 hours ago, baymad4her said:

First off, Madonna has nothing left to prove and I care more about her making great music that the fans will enjoy. That being said. she could have some high charting with the right collaboration and proper promotion from Warner, who already seems to be doing a much better job than her previous label. Streaming is a big deal now and if she wanted to create a buzz around her singles than I think she needs to focus on increasing her streaming power and getting some radio play. Those two area's she needs to increase her presence in because we all know what a force she is when it comes to physical sales. Anything is possible, I just dont ever want her to compromise her art in pursuit of chart positions. 

Slightly offtopic, but I can't believe that if a veteran of the music industry, Elthon in this case, works with younger trendy artists to get a hit nobody has shit to say (rightfully, don't get me wrong) but if a woman like Madge did the same thing people would say she's desperate for relevance and uncool. Sexism at its best imo but let's get back on topic ♥ 

18 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Slightly offtopic, but I can't believe that if a veteran of the music industry, Elthon in this case, works with younger trendy artists to get a hit nobody has shit to say (rightfully, don't get me wrong) but if a woman like Madge did the same thing people would say she's desperate for relevance and uncool. Sexism at its best imo but let's get back on topic ♥ 

I totally agree with you.

people comparing Elton new sucessfull collab with Madonna's lastest collabs seem to forget one important factor, the song him and Dua sing is  "Sacrifice", one fo Elton biggest classic. If Madonna was singing one of her biggest hits like for example La Isla Bonita or Like a prayer with a successful current artist there are strong chances she would have a successful hit again.

26 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

people comparing Elton new sucessfull collab with Madonna's lastest collabs seem to forget one important factor, the song him and Dua sing is  "Sacrifice", one fo Elton biggest classic. If Madonna was singing one of her biggest hits like for example La Isla Bonita or Like a prayer with a successful current artist there are strong chances she would have a successful hit again.

Reg is recycling his 'oldies'.
Madge has to admit she has any and only wants you to buy the current product range.

1 hour ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

Most of her features in the past 14 years have been with artists with little or no chart success and some completely irrelvant (M.I.A., Chance the Rapper, Mike Tyson, Nas, Anitta, Maluma, Swae Lee) None of them had hits when Madonna collaborated with them.

?

I feel like there have been several missed chances for a big hit since Hard Candy. MDNA had a single chart in the top ten with almost no promotion from Madonna at all, it could have easily hit higher. Rebel Heart had some really great tracks but things got messed up with all those leaks and Madame X was never really about getting hits in the first place I think, it was more something she just really wanted to create for herself. With the biopic coming out and a bunch of recent publicity, I feel like if she dropped a catchy single with a potential collaboration, it could easily be a hit with some promotional help from Warner.

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Blond Ambition said:

I think as long as she picked the right song and worked with a popular artist right now, she could easily have another hit. Plus we also need to remember she is back with Warner and her stuff will get proper promotion again.

Warner also need to update Madonna's certified sales, as she's now supposedly the third best selling female artist for albums sales in the U.S :eyesroll:

4 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Warner also need to update Madonna's certified sales, as she's now supposedly the third best selling female artist for albums sales :eyesroll:

Yeah thats bullshit, she is still the best selling in terms of album sales but the stats need updating. I was recently going through the top 100 albums in Europe and the US and Immaculate Collection is still in the charts. Im actually super pumped right now, there are some really positive things going on right now in the Madonna world, being back with Warner, Biopic, 2022 reissues and her songs are starting to trend on tic tok which is why she is getting so many youtube views lately. We just need to increase her power in the streaming market if we want her to get more hits in the future.

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

54 minutes ago, Blond Ambition said:

Yeah thats bullshit, she is still the best selling in terms of album sales but the stats need updating. I was recently going through the top 100 albums in Europe and the US and Immaculate Collection is still in the charts. Im actually super pumped right now, there are some really positive things going on right now in the Madonna world, being back with Warner, Biopic, 2022 reissues and her songs are starting to trend on tic tok which is why she is getting so many youtube views lately. We just need to increase her power in the streaming market if we want her to get more hits in the future.

Sorry, I forgot to say, she's the third highest selling female in the U.S, apparently.

14 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Let's be real, exept a miracle, there will be a point where her only chance to have a worldwide global hit again will be to play the nostalgia card and remix one of her biggest hit with a popular current artist. 

I have always thought that since we have all these reissues coming out in 2022 and a biopic that a greatest hits world tour would be a logical idea. Just think about the kind of money and promotion she would make from a tour like that.

5 hours ago, Humanfly said:

god i am so sick of that.... lmao her next single feat billie relish? lmao 

Don't be sick over the reality. And also, before she has another hit, her team really needs to work on her PR image. Fallon interview was good, but she needs to solidify the importance of her legacy under the public eyes before they feel interest in her new stuff again.

Regarding Billie, not necessarily her. Even tho she's a great artist. But I was thinking about the likes of Dua Lipa (not a remix), Taylor Swift (even when I don't like her stuff) or Lil Nas X. With a catchy production too.

She had a chance with Maluma, but Medellin wasn't exactly a GP friendly song. However, I'm sure that if she plays her cards right, another hit could be on the way.

29 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

She would’ve had a hit with Dua Lipa if it weren’t for that Blessed Madonna remix over the original - Guaranteed! 

I think the same. It was the right collab with the right song at the right time, but the remix production really burn that chance.