Will Madonna Ever Have A Hit Single Again?

baymad4her

50 minutes ago, alvaroliam said:

Don't be sick over the reality. And also, before she has another hit, her team really needs to work on her PR image. Fallon interview was good, but she needs to solidify the importance of her legacy under the public eyes before they feel interest in her new stuff again.

Regarding Billie, not necessarily her. Even tho she's a great artist. But I was thinking about the likes of Dua Lipa (not a remix), Taylor Swift (even when I don't like her stuff) or Lil Nas X. With a catchy production too.

She had a chance with Maluma, but Medellin wasn't exactly a GP friendly song. However, I'm sure that if she plays her cards right, another hit could be on the way.

please don't be offended but from your list the only one i approve of is lil nas x. the reason being that taylor swift is like... gag me, and billie eilish is some sort of wannabe bad girl industry plant . lil nas x is the first gay male in america media since freddy mercury to be bad ass and like own it and be proud and  he has it going on rn. unlike taylor swift who makes me want to crawl under a table and die and billie eilish who let's face it is the lorde of 2020

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

madfan13_86

Come to terms with her legacy? In case you haven't noticed, she's putting together her biopic. So she's revisiting her past in her own way, at her own pace and in the way she wants to do it.  Moreover, I think she's actually been flirting with her legacy for a while, just not in a very obvious way (which is her right too). She often likes to reuse her old lyrics (like "Vogue" on "Holy Water", or even "Don't Tell Me" in "Future"), posts old photos on her IG, and I'm pretty sure Madame X is t

Husam Elzien

Honestly, I think her disdain of deeply revisiting her past has now reached a point of backfiring. In the politics of women in music, Madonna managed to maintain relevancy chart wise well past the "expiration" years because she still had killer hits and the appeal to back her up. But there was a shift in her public persona that started during MDNA where some of the things she said or did for shock-value or controversy came across as desperate and/or an attempt to keep up with Katy, Gaga, Beyonce

Mden

https://twitter.com/GodnessMadame marcus @GodnessMadame How to help Madonna’s upcoming 2 new songs to become hits- a thread 10:44 PM · May 31, 2023 · 1. First of all, stream the songs. And I mean as much as you can. Create playlists with both of the songs, but always put 2-3 different tracks in between them so they don’t get filtered out. Play on atleast 25% volume 2. Buy the songs on itunes if you can. Purchase all the versions available. This will boost the song

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Humanfly said:

please don't be offended but from your list the only one i approve of is lil nas x. the reason being that taylor swift is like... gag me, and billie eilish is some sort of wannabe bad girl industry plant . lil nas x is the first gay male in america media since freddy mercury to be bad ass and like own it and be proud and  he has it going on rn. unlike taylor swift who makes me want to crawl under a table and die and billie eilish who let's face it is the lorde of 2020

I feel you, and don't worry: taste is subjective. ?

But my point is that, yeah, she probably needs to collab with someone popular and get a good song, but also work on her PR before thinking about another hit single.

5 hours ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

Not strictly true.

Most of her features in the past 14 years have been with artists with little or no chart success and some completely irrelvant (M.I.A., Chance the Rapper, Mike Tyson, Nas, Anitta, Maluma, Swae Lee) None of them had hits when Madonna collaborated with them.

Hard Candy definitely applies, as do the Nicki Minaj and Quavo features. But that's really it.

And she hasn't released a lead single with 'the next huge pop girl' since Britney in 2003, and that was the only time she did it, and it wasn't even for her own album.

Justin Timberlake and Timbaland, Nicki Minaj and Swae Lee were all at the peak of their popularity. Swae Lee was on of the most streamed artists on Spotify when Crave dropped

21 hours ago, scion said:

Totally agree. It's a quality song made up of two of his best hits... it's fresh, modern and frankly very very contemporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it looks like Elton is going to have another 1 in December as he's teamed up with Ed Sheeran.

Why Madonna doesn't do this is beyond me. She's too busy doing a video for Bitch I'm Loca ?

57 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

What on earth has sexism got to do with anything? Wishing your favourite artist success is sexist now. I heard it all now.

What? No absolutely, this wasn't directed to you personally, you totally misunderstood my reply lol.

What I mean is that men like Elthon always collab with trendy artists to get hits and nobody has anything bad to say, but as soon as a female popstar (mostly veterans like Madge) do that, they're labeled as desperate and weak for chart success... It happens with Madge but it also happened to my favorite artists too, that's extremely hypocrite. People call Madge desperate because she collaborated with rappers, but then there are Elthon, Ed and many others doing the same and getting even praised, this shit is crazy! 

12 minutes ago, Andreo said:

What? No absolutely, this wasn't directed to you personally, you totally misunderstood my reply lol.

What I mean is that men like Elthon always collab with trendy artists to get hits and nobody has anything bad to say, but as soon as a female popstar (mostly veterans like Madge) do that, they're labeled as desperate and weak for chart success... It happens with Madge but it also happened to my favorite artists too, that's extremely hypocrite. People call Madge desperate because she collaborated with rappers, but then there are Elthon, Ed and many others doing the same and getting even praised, this shit is crazy! 

Oh, I see. Yes, I agree, but unfortunately that's the way it is. Elton's new album which is gonna be number 1 this week in the UK, also has people like Nicki Minaj and Young Thug on it.

Madonna has always been controversial and talked about, which has worked in her favour in her early years, not so much now. Let's hope her biopic and expanded reissues of her albums work wonders.

2 hours ago, baymad4her said:

Elton's new album which is gonna be number 1 this week in the UK, also has people like Nicki Minaj and Young Thug on it.

:scoff::gasp:

And they said M is in desperate need of success when she did the same LOL the hypocrisy of people! 

(this doesn't mean she doesn't have the chance to get another good successful song tho, she would actually have some other huge hits if she collaborated with the trendiest artists too and not only with rappers whose songs are barely album cuts lol) 

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

And they said M is in desperate need of success when she did the same LOL the hypocrisy of people! 

(this doesn't mean she doesn't have the chance to get another good successful song tho, she would actually have some other huge hits if she collaborated with the trendiest artists too and not only with rappers whose songs are barely album cuts lol) 

Ed Sheeran featuring Madonna will be a surefire number 1 I reckon ?

On 10/19/2021 at 7:01 PM, alvaroliam said:

I feel you, and don't worry: taste is subjective. ?

But my point is that, yeah, she probably needs to collab with someone popular and get a good song, but also work on her PR before thinking about another hit single.

Yeah, but .. she's been doing a zillion collaborations for years now and they haven't amounted to any hit singles. 4 Minutes was the last one .. but that was a long time ago. Like 3 presidents ago .. 

20 minutes ago, captainjay said:

Yeah, but .. she's been doing a zillion collaborations for years now and they haven't amounted to any hit singles. 4 Minutes was the last one .. but that was a long time ago. Like 3 presidents ago .. 

It all depends how big of a hit you are talking about? she had a song from MDNA chart in the top ten and that was with pathetic promotion from Interscope. I think that after such an experimental album as Madame X, a return to something more pop/dance will be more easily digested by the mainstream. It does not really matter who she collaborates with as long as they are popular and the song is really good. Keep in mind that Warner is going to be doing a much better job with PR and Promotion than Interscope because that contract was more based off touring. In the meantime, she needs to work on reinforcing her legacy in the public eye and I think the biopic and reissues are a good way to do that. Even if she does not have another number one, Madonna has nothing to prove at this point, the fact that she is still alive, creating and has outlasted all her contemporary super stars is an incredible achievement itself.

29 minutes ago, captainjay said:

Yeah, but as I said, maybe she needs some PR adjustments on her public image and a more commercial approach in order to connect with the public again. Idk, music industry is so volatile…

7 hours ago, Andreo said:

Well, to be honest, before Madonna started doing it, her fans were calling other artist who were doing it desperate, so the hypocrisy works both ways. I still remember the days when M fans were proud that "at least she's not using the rent-a-rapper", "at least she's not doing perfumes", "at least she's not on social media posting selfies" etc.

10 hours ago, androiduser said:

Well, to be honest, before Madonna started doing it, her fans were calling other artist who were doing it desperate, so the hypocrisy works both ways. I still remember the days when M fans were proud that "at least she's not using the rent-a-rapper", "at least she's not doing perfumes", "at least she's not on social media posting selfies" etc.

Fans always act like this, M fans don't even like the feat thing, It doesn't really matters at the end, the thing is, people have immediately been ready since day 1 to say she uses feats because she is "in desperate need of new hits and relevancy", (when half of these are either album cuts and some are with non mainstream artists too but whatever), but when men do the same with super trendy artists it's OK and nobody cares. See the point? That's so fucked up

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2021 at 4:43 PM, baymad4her said:

Ed Sheeran featuring Madonna will be a surefire number 1 I reckon ?

I can’t see that working. She has nothing in common with him musically or as a person. I doubt she listens to his music. I understand people on here dislike hip hop but she actually does listen to it.  
This may be controversial but I’d like to see her do a song with Lana del Rey. She has posted her songs several times. 

On 12/17/2021 at 1:00 AM, Glindathegood said:

I can’t see that working. She has nothing in common with him musically or as a person. I doubt she listens to his music. I understand people on here dislike hip hop but she actually does listen to it.  
This may be controversial but I’d like to see her do a song with Lana del Rey. She has posted her songs several times. 

Lana del Rey, I hope that never happens.

by the way i was bitching a month ago saying please not billie eilish, however as a 33 almost 34 year old, her appearance last week actually changed my opinion of her totally. while the music was not my thing, and i think her brother is weird and trying to steal her limelight, (i am probably totally wrong, just a random opinion) i thought she was a great actress and performer and the episode was easily tied with the kieran culkin episode as the only funny one of the season... i just liked something about billie after the episode. i thought she was warm and like. not afraid to be funny. that is what i like in a person. sense of humor. pop star, or regular joe. i like to laugh haha. ok cool story bro