Will Madonna Ever Have A Hit Single Again?

baymad4her

She will, as long as she's willing to let go of  these "artistic" and messianic obsessions of hers, which turned her into a predictable bore. She's been so, so concerned with being arty that she missed the opportunity to have hits. We all know she's perfectly capable of writing a hit song within minutes, but i think _just my opinion- that this goes against her relentless pursuit of being taken seriously as an artist, 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

madfan13_86

Come to terms with her legacy? In case you haven't noticed, she's putting together her biopic. So she's revisiting her past in her own way, at her own pace and in the way she wants to do it.  Moreover, I think she's actually been flirting with her legacy for a while, just not in a very obvious way (which is her right too). She often likes to reuse her old lyrics (like "Vogue" on "Holy Water", or even "Don't Tell Me" in "Future"), posts old photos on her IG, and I'm pretty sure Madame X is t

Husam Elzien

Honestly, I think her disdain of deeply revisiting her past has now reached a point of backfiring. In the politics of women in music, Madonna managed to maintain relevancy chart wise well past the "expiration" years because she still had killer hits and the appeal to back her up. But there was a shift in her public persona that started during MDNA where some of the things she said or did for shock-value or controversy came across as desperate and/or an attempt to keep up with Katy, Gaga, Beyonce

Mden

https://twitter.com/GodnessMadame marcus @GodnessMadame How to help Madonna’s upcoming 2 new songs to become hits- a thread 10:44 PM · May 31, 2023 · 1. First of all, stream the songs. And I mean as much as you can. Create playlists with both of the songs, but always put 2-3 different tracks in between them so they don’t get filtered out. Play on atleast 25% volume 2. Buy the songs on itunes if you can. Purchase all the versions available. This will boost the song

Posted Images

If she continues on the musical paths that she has followed over the past few albums, then no, she will not have another hit single again. And if she continues to neglect her back catalogue, then she may find herself on the path to irrelevance and obscurity, as older generations begin to abandon her, and newer generations will have no clue as to who she is.

4 hours ago, White Crow said:

She will, as long as she's willing to let go of  these "artistic" and messianic obsessions of hers, which turned her into a predictable bore. She's been so, so concerned with being arty that she missed the opportunity to have hits. We all know she's perfectly capable of writing a hit song within minutes, but i think _just my opinion- that this goes against her relentless pursuit of being taken seriously as an artist, 

she will never ..bowie didnt  , madonna wont 

4 hours ago, mark perry said:

she will never ..bowie didnt  , madonna wont 

bowie never had the ability Madonna has to craft amazing pop over and over again, it is a pity she has not done a side project between albums or a soundtrack song. She can take herself too seriously and force a message or theme into things that could be lighter and would resonate more widely 

23 hours ago, professormouse said:

Interesting.
Adele sells 'coz she's bland.
No.
She's seen as a throwback to Dusty 'n' all them White Soul female singers too.
Plus, it made the UK News that she sells so much on vinyl LP !
Therefore it can't be just people sticking the record only on a wall ?
Also there's something Karen Carpenter too about her voice.
And 'no' I'm not A Fan.

You don't have to be a fan. I'm not saying this as a fan, either, nor because she's superior to everyone else, but to put it simply, her music is relatable to the masses and doesn't have much of a political vibe or any message that may make anyone uncomfortable or divided, and her music and image are more about the voice than they are about performance, looks or anything else. Madonna is the exact opposite of that, which is why she's often measured by age and maturity or by political affiliation and message, rather than voice or songs alone.

Anything is possible but Taylor Swift couldn't even get a number one in the US off Lover. There have only been 11 number ones this year (thanks lil nas x) and who knows who will be the next big things after Billie Eilish, Lizzo, Camila Cabello etc. I don't have high hopes for another US number one song for M but I want another number one album in 2020 or beyond and think that could happen

21 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

You don't have to be a fan. I'm not saying this as a fan, either, nor because she's superior to everyone else, but to put it simply, her music is relatable to the masses and doesn't have much of a political vibe or any message that may make anyone uncomfortable or divided, and her music and image are more about the voice than they are about performance, looks or anything else. Madonna is the exact opposite of that, which is why she's often measured by age and maturity or by political affiliation and message, rather than voice or songs alone.

"Madonna can be quite a good singer when she chooses to be...."
My Mother once said that.
'Oh yeah ?', I 'asked'.
"She doesn't choose to that often....."
That's why I mentioned Karen Carpenter.
Some of Madge's slower tunes veer into that territory....same as Adele.
Everyone from 9 to 90 now knows she was so 'happy' she starved herself to death but people can forget anything if like A Singers Voice enough.
Or if it just works ala say Beautiful Stranger :thinker:

Madam X is a quite visible round-a-bout get-off.

Come Alive is slowly growing on me.......

3 hours ago, professormouse said:

"Madonna can be quite a good singer when she chooses to be...."
My Mother once said that.
'Oh yeah ?', I 'asked'.
"She doesn't choose to that often....."
That's why I mentioned Karen Carpenter.
Some of Madge's slower tunes veer into that territory....same as Adele.
Everyone from 9 to 90 now knows she was so 'happy' she starved herself to death but people can forget anything if like A Singers Voice enough.
Or if it just works ala say Beautiful Stranger :thinker:

Madam X is a quite visible round-a-bout get-off.

Come Alive is slowly growing on me.......

I would very much enjoy a full-on ballads album from Madonna, without a tour, without too much buzz. Just original ballads, perhaps a compilation like Something to Remember with her best new ballads and new tracks.

2 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I would very much enjoy a full-on ballads album from Madonna, without a tour, without too much buzz. Just original ballads, perhaps a compilation like Something to Remember with her best new ballads and new tracks.

Wow !
I'm NOT alone. :lol:
For years I've been hoping she'd do something really different and just stand stand there and sing.
Then I might go !

36 minutes ago, professormouse said:

Wow !
I'm NOT alone. :lol:
For years I've been hoping she'd do something really different and just stand stand there and sing.
Then I might go !

Yes!!! haha. I'm not saying this because she "needs to act her age", but she does really wonderful ballads and they're often quite underrated and under-represented. Most of her tours setlist and singles focus almost entirely on dance tracks, and having an album of ballads that emphasizes on her beautiful voice, her deep lyrics and music would be something truly amazing. Easy Ride, Falling Free, Looking for Mercy, Extreme Occident, The Power of Goodbye, Mer Girl, To Have and Not to Hold, X-Static Process, Bad Girl and Nothing Fails are among the best songs she's ever put together. I want something of that style someday...

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Yes!!! haha. I'm not saying this because she "needs to act her age", but she does really wonderful ballads and they're often quite underrated and under-represented. Most of her tours setlist and singles focus almost entirely on dance tracks, and having an album of ballads that emphasizes on her beautiful voice, her deep lyrics and music would be something truly amazing. Easy Ride, Falling Free, Looking for Mercy, Extreme Occident, The Power of Goodbye, Mer Girl, To Have and Not to Hold, X-Static Process, Bad Girl and Nothing Fails are among the best songs she's ever put together. I want something of that style someday...

U wanna know 'who' I sung Power of Goodbye too ?
He's dead now so it's OK too.
Why bother if there never sung live ??
I don't think age has anything to do with material choices btw xx

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 3:17 AM, Mister_Pop said:

Never say never...

Hi guys. I don’t know what would be the perfect thread to share this information but found this one interesting to, so I’ll do it here... any suggested threads of streaming, charts and related stuff you could send me to do it I’ll be grateful!

I wanted to share with you this link. It is my personal Madonna playlist (https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7KcL25WIawgXRXbejRTm_gjeaaC_jLHI) , I have it open 24/7 on my laptop and made it based on:

I made it based in:
1- close to 100M
2- #1s
3- #1 potential / blocked from going #1
4- deserve better
5- Madame X singles

I invite you to join playing that playlist as much as you can. And will share my tricks to the interested ones on helping to boost the numbers. (That playlist is structured studying during months the YouTube algorithm that blocks your views from counting detecting them as bots)

Tricks:

1- Download YouTube non stop add-on on your laptop’s ?   Google Chrome (only for laptop - PC - Mac users)

2- Log in on a Google Account

3- Remove the likes on all the videos on the playlist 

4- play the last video of the playlist and turn off autoplay

5- set 144p as yor default resolution (so it’ll never lag and will result on more views in less time)

6- NEVER MUTE the volume of your laptop or any device you’re using, and if volume is disturbing you, plug some ?  or aux cable on the AUX IN like me. 

7- Share on all your Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram Madonna Fan groups so more interested people in supporting will join  ?? ?

Some facts:

1- If you search for “Madonna streaming party on YouTube” that playlist shows first

2- That playlist has accumulated 35.8K views, the goal is 100K before 2020

Hope you join and that all of that works for you  ❤️ ❤️ 

ADD57B1A-E5B0-4629-9A01-15CFD5B4034D.png

• 2 months later...
On 10/23/2019 at 3:28 AM, José Andrés Rojas Carvajal said:

Hi guys. I don’t know what would be the perfect thread to share this information but found this one interesting to, so I’ll do it here... any suggested threads of streaming, charts and related stuff you could send me to do it I’ll be grateful!

I wanted to share with you this link. It is my personal Madonna playlist (https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7KcL25WIawgXRXbejRTm_gjeaaC_jLHI) , I have it open 24/7 on my laptop and made it based on:

I made it based in:
1- close to 100M
2- #1s
3- #1 potential / blocked from going #1
4- deserve better
5- Madame X singles

I invite you to join playing that playlist as much as you can. And will share my tricks to the interested ones on helping to boost the numbers. (That playlist is structured studying during months the YouTube algorithm that blocks your views from counting detecting them as bots)

Tricks:

1- Download YouTube non stop add-on on your laptop’s ?   Google Chrome (only for laptop - PC - Mac users)

2- Log in on a Google Account

3- Remove the likes on all the videos on the playlist 

4- play the last video of the playlist and turn off autoplay

5- set 144p as yor default resolution (so it’ll never lag and will result on more views in less time)

6- NEVER MUTE the volume of your laptop or any device you’re using, and if volume is disturbing you, plug some ?  or aux cable on the AUX IN like me. 

7- Share on all your Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram Madonna Fan groups so more interested people in supporting will join  ?? ?

Some facts:

1- If you search for “Madonna streaming party on YouTube” that playlist shows first

2- That playlist has accumulated 35.8K views, the goal is 100K before 2020

Hope you join and that all of that works for you  ❤️ ❤️ 

ADD57B1A-E5B0-4629-9A01-15CFD5B4034D.png

What the hell is this?

1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

It's a trick a lot of fanbases to do increase views on YouTube views to get certain certifications where they have the audio looping or playing etc. The same with streaming services like Spotify etc.

Oh, I see. People do some strange things. 

On 10/1/2019 at 11:10 AM, RinoTheBouncer said:

She has enough material now to release a volume 2 of Something to Remember. I actually think this would be a great timing to remind everyone how great she is when doing ballads (and that she can sing without autotune :eyesroll:)

If a surefire solid pop song like 'Music' or 'Hung Up' comes up again together with her willing to do that kind of straightforward aproach to the whole thing, I would say yes.
She still have people paying attention to her new releases and the age thing was around (with different proportions, I know) on both cases and hey, Cher made 'Believe' happen, so you never know.
The GP are not interested in revolutions of love, in alter egos. I think they see those types of things as ego driven and we already know that her image on the media is not that very cool, so...

2 hours ago, diegolcl said:

If a surefire solid pop song like 'Music' or 'Hung Up' comes up again together with her willing to do that kind of straightforward aproach to the whole thing, I would say yes.
She still have people paying attention to her new releases and the age thing was around (with different proportions, I know) on both cases and hey, Cher made 'Believe' happen, so you never know.
The GP are not interested in revolutions of love, in alter egos. I think they see those types of things as ego driven and we already know that her image on the media is not that very cool, so...

Yes, but would the ordinary fan be okay with a frivolous pop song? Not that I mind it, because I thought a song like "GMAYL" was one of those. I know that song only got to top 10 because of the deal it had through the week of SuperBowl.  Otherwise, that song wouldn't have gone nowhere.  Of course, I'm not comparing that song with "Music" and "Hung Up", but it's pretty well known that fun pop songs with very little meaning tend to do better than songs that do.  Not always the case, but in many cases, it does.  That said,  you can't deny radio still holds the cards here.  They don't play artists that are Madonna's age.  Even Cher was younger with "Believe". Still Madonna in her 50's got two top tens.  But again, that was due to the fact Justin Timberlake has a huge fan base, and that Superbowl pulls a lot of weight.  To me, she's pretty much played all her cards. No radio station is going to play a solo Madonna record these days.  That's just a fact.  It doesn't matter how great it is.  The sad thing is, it will take another deal like GMAYL or a highly popular featured artist like Justin Timberlake was in 2008 for her to get back on the charts. Again, radio will not latch on to any solo song.  No matter what you think of "Girl Gone Wild" that song was current as any song could get in 2012. There is no doubt in my mind if a popular 20 something released that song, it would have been a huge hit.  Whether you like it or not, isn't the point. A lot of fans loved the song as well.  Radio just won't play her.  Streaming is the new determination here, but unfortunately, like radio it's not her forte.  Age plays a huge factor even with streaming artists.

Pretty much said above. It would take an aggressive radio deal playing the single ever hour and a huge promotional gig such as the Superbowl to even make a dent in the chart. We saw what GMAYL did and then fell off the charts. The only way she could is through methods like that or including various cameos or celeb nods as she did with "Bitch I'm Madonna" though that hit in the 80's of the Hot 100 chart.