Will Madonna Ever Have A Hit Single Again?

baymad4her

I must be the only M fan on earth who doesn't care about re-issues and can't be bothered with all these different editions of albums. 

Her and Kylie could record a bitch track of them talking shit to eachother tomorrow and it would be a worldwide smash. But *Ol' Dirty Bastard voice* "M Dolla is for the kids...."

Side note: does anyone remember in '99 when ODB said he wanted M and Natalie Cole to feature on his last album? I wanted it to happen so bad lol

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

madfan13_86

Come to terms with her legacy? In case you haven't noticed, she's putting together her biopic. So she's revisiting her past in her own way, at her own pace and in the way she wants to do it.  Moreover, I think she's actually been flirting with her legacy for a while, just not in a very obvious way (which is her right too). She often likes to reuse her old lyrics (like "Vogue" on "Holy Water", or even "Don't Tell Me" in "Future"), posts old photos on her IG, and I'm pretty sure Madame X is t

Husam Elzien

Honestly, I think her disdain of deeply revisiting her past has now reached a point of backfiring. In the politics of women in music, Madonna managed to maintain relevancy chart wise well past the "expiration" years because she still had killer hits and the appeal to back her up. But there was a shift in her public persona that started during MDNA where some of the things she said or did for shock-value or controversy came across as desperate and/or an attempt to keep up with Katy, Gaga, Beyonce

Mden

https://twitter.com/GodnessMadame marcus @GodnessMadame How to help Madonna’s upcoming 2 new songs to become hits- a thread 10:44 PM · May 31, 2023 · 1. First of all, stream the songs. And I mean as much as you can. Create playlists with both of the songs, but always put 2-3 different tracks in between them so they don’t get filtered out. Play on atleast 25% volume 2. Buy the songs on itunes if you can. Purchase all the versions available. This will boost the song

Posted Images

If she cooperates with the famous K-pop boy band, I think she will be able to release another no.1 song. I'm even not kidding right now. Some stupid people still ignore K-pop's power, but strategically, there is no other easy way for Madonna to make a new no.1 hit single as easily as that way. Young K-pop fans in the all over the world will stream the new song like crazy, unlike the majority of Madonna fans who are old, exhausted. lol.

3 minutes ago, Madame Madonna said:

If she cooperates with the famous K-pop boy band, I think she will be able to release another no.1 song. I'm even not kidding right now. Some stupid people still ignore K-pop's power, but strategically, there is no other easy way for Madonna to make a new no.1 hit single as easily as that way. Young K-pop fans in the all over the world will stream the new song like crazy, unlike the majority of Madonna fans who are old, exhausted. lol.

This, especially after she took photos with a K-Pop band last year or so, I immediately thought “she’s already planning the next collab” ?

5 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

This, especially after she took photos with a K-Pop band last year or so, I immediately thought “she’s already planning the next collab” ?

I know right! Some people which hate k-pop probably doesn't like this idea but it would be more interesting and more fresh than any other cooperates.

10 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

Which songs? "Innocence" is one of my favorite songs ever.

He said he kept some great songs for his own albums from both artists.

There is zero info about Timbaland produced Björk tracks (beyond Volta), sorry.

For Madonna, maybe he meant Animal Instinct, Across the Sky or Latte, but still nothing released on his own albums, despite them being full of collaborations.

6 hours ago, Madame Madonna said:

That would be the ultimate desperate move...

7 hours ago, Madame Madonna said:

Next time she better write "Seoul" instead of "Medellin"  :laughing:

Maybe Mercy will want to study Chinese and they'll move to Asia!

Honestly, at this point I'd rather have her winning an Oscar for best original song for the biopic!

I'd also prefer a number 1 on Adult Contemporary Chart on her own that getting a Billboard no. 1 single by cheating and desperately having to use someone else's success. So humiliating.

2 hours ago, o_g_c_x said:

That would be the ultimate desperate move...

But she already did Dua Lipa featuring whatever stuff. So Madonna already did ultimate desperate move and that result is poor as hell. But cooperate with K-pop will give her another billboard No. 1 hit single at least. So why not? lol

45 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Honestly, at this point I'd rather have her winning an Oscar for best original song for the biopic!

I'd also prefer a number 1 on Adult Contemporary Chart on her own that getting a Billboard no. 1 single by cheating and desperately having to use someone else's success. So humiliating.

If we are talking about Before enormous fake Donald duck ass Madonna, then I also gonna feel that suggestion is humiliating. But we are talking about Madonna which humiliating herself with that enormous ugly fake butt. And featuring Dua Lipa's song was ultimate humiliation. I'm surprised that no one mention about it. we're talking about Madonna who is not a solo feature, but has to feature with Missy Elliott. I'm not surprised she didn't shoot the music video. I bet that Madonna did not know that she is not sole featuring when she record that song. She must found out that there's someone else more after recording. That's would be the reason she didn't shoot the music video. That's my theory. Dua Lipa and her team thought that Madonna is not enough for solo featuring. So they did bring the Missy elliot. That is what we can call ultimate humiliating and ultimate insulting.

Well, Sadly That Is Madonna's reality in nowadays. Even an ordinary and average singer like a Dua Lipa cannot believe Madonna's existence. So they bring the another featuring. That is Madonna's reality. so why not K-pop? ;)

3 hours ago, Madame Madonna said:

But she already did Dua Lipa featuring whatever stuff. So Madonna already did ultimate desperate move and that result is poor as hell. But cooperate with K-pop will give her another billboard No. 1 hit single at least. So why not? lol

Because everytime i see videos like Dynamite by BTS makes me wanna puke

5 hours ago, Madame Madonna said:

How was that desperate? It wasn't Madonna feat. someone.

Actually, that is exactly what Madonna should do, if she wants a hit. She needs to be a feature artist. That is the only way to score a hit. 

Madonna had features on MDNA nad RH, who were supposed to gather new fans and help her get a hit. It didn't happen. BTW GMAYL didn't really have some nice positions because of the features. So, after a decade of flopping, do we really think she could score a hit with BTS as a feature? I don't mind Madonna working with them, but only if the song is brilliant and BTS deliver something to its quality. Maybe they could help her appear on the charts, but let's not forget that BTS slaying Billboard wasn't just a result of BTS fans. The west is also interested in BTS.

Madonna should focus on appearing on singles of other artist, if she wants a hit. She should have done that during the 2010s. Actually she did some stuff, but the songs she appeared on were horrible.

With Dua she did a mistake. If the song was Dua's lead single, the story would have been different. If Madonna was a feature on lead singles and  second singles of Miley, Taylor and Ariana during the 2010s, she could have had hits. 

8 hours ago, Madame Madonna said:

And featuring Dua Lipa's song was ultimate humiliation. I'm surprised that no one mention about it. we're talking about Madonna who is not a solo feature, but has to feature with Missy Elliott. I'm not surprised she didn't shoot the music video. I bet that Madonna did not know that she is not sole featuring when she record that song. She must found out that there's someone else more after recording. That's would be the reason she didn't shoot the music video. That's my theory. Dua Lipa and her team thought that Madonna is not enough for solo featuring. So they did bring the Missy elliot. That is what we can call ultimate humiliating and ultimate insulting.

Even more humiliating that they chose to promote another version of the song with a different featuring! Which basically means: you're useless, irrelevant and you don't sell anymore.

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Even more humiliating that they chose to promote another version of the song with a different featuring! Which basically means: you're useless, irrelevant and you don't sell anymore.

I know right! I'm really glad Madonna did refuse shoot that Music video. At least. It is sad. Very Sad and frustrating. But we have to admit that is Madonna's current situation and reality.

And Some old people with old taste in music and out of fashion slander BTS and K-pop. But fortunately, Madonna is not like them. Madonna is always ready to accept new music, and that is the reason Madonna became the Queen of pop.

Now, that's a though question. I really don't know. It would be great if it happened. But ever since American Life she has seemed much less focused (with Confessions being the exeption) Her last four albums may have some good stuff, but none of them has the magic that she once pocessed.