Single Covers

Robocup

Terrible.

Her eyes and her mouth look so unnatural, her facial expression makes no sense. The text lays there floating between the air and the sweater. Gross art direction.

I don't agree with the eyes and mouth to look unnatural. But I always thought that just one pose would have been enough for the cover. Great look of hers for me!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

They are all amazing and so conceptual in their own way. I am amazed how meticulously they were done in accordance with the artwork/font of their parent albums. For example, her name was not written on any of the covers of “MDNA” singles, just like the album itself. All “Hard Candy” and “Confessions on a Dance Floor” singles were written with the same/similar font, COADF ones the same as the song names on the album, and HC ones in an upwards inclined form. All “Music” singles and the first two “Ray of Light” singles as well. 

My favorite ones are “Bedtime Stories” singles, particularly ‘Take a Bow’. Maybe for the first time in her career, name of the song was boldly written in huge transparent letters, highlighting the song rather than Madonna herself. I don’t know why, but I just adore that. Also, ‘Secret’ is a small copy of “Bedtime Stories” as it uses the same fonts, just with the lowercase letters. What a nice way to highlight the album and the single!

25F658E9-DDA5-43EB-BD9F-122E8BE280B6.jpeg

BC4EC761-A5FA-4DDC-B83C-453930619E36.jpeg