Re-Invention Tour | Lisbon

Bat-Fan

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although RIT was transformative for my live, and RIT holds something special for me personally that other tours don't have, I don't watch the Lisbon footage much at all. 

Maybe because it's a stream from the side screens they have at gigs, and it's washed out and too static.

It isn't the 'unreleased dvd' as  it gets labelled. 

Im confused, what does the IGTTYAS footage got to do do with this thread about the Lisbon show?

They used some Lisbon footage here and there in the "concert filmed in Paris". Compare the weird colouring of her corset during the first few shots of Vogue: they look identical to Lisbon but 'lilac'. Also the bits we can see of Imagine belong to Lisbon.  :cryin: It appears to me that nothing is real anymore. In the future we'll discover Madonna died in 1991 and the woman we've seen onstage since then is a hologram created by the Japanese.

:Madonna003:

They used some Lisbon footage here and there in the "concert filmed in Paris". Compare the weird colouring of her corset during the first few shots of Vogue: they look identical to Lisbon but 'lilac'. Also the bits we can see of Imagine belong to Lisbon. :cryin: It appears to me that nothing is real anymore. In the future we'll discover Madonna died in 1991 and the woman we've seen onstage since then is a hologram created by the Japanese.

:Madonna003:

Yeah I'm aware of all that. I'm just disputing that the Lisbon footage we have is screen footage.

• 3 months later...
Guest ArthurBadin

The Lisbon footage is too plain for my taste. I much prefer to watch the Parisian Dream bootleg - it is an audience recording but it focuses on everything all at once.

Agreed 100% with you. Especially about your bootleg choice. PD is by far the best RIT bootleg, along with Anaheim one. They look cheap and bad filmed, but indeed they catch a Madonna I was yearning years and years to see more often till 2015.

Guest ArthurBadin

Although RIT was transformative for my live, and RIT holds something special for me personally that other tours don't have, I don't watch the Lisbon footage much at all. 

Maybe because it's a stream from the side screens they have at gigs, and it's washed out and too static.

It isn't the 'unreleased dvd' as  it gets labelled. 

Same with me (the part in bold). I became a real Madonna stan the minute the tour was announced.

Nowadays RIT gives me a bittersweet taste, same as CT. The two could be so much better. But anyway, they happened during Guy Ritchie years.

Guest ArthurBadin

@@Bat-Fan sorry my dear, but throughout the years I started feeling umcomfortable watching RIT Lisbon discarded footage. It's raw (which in my taste means excellent), but... Such a sad experience... Maybe I feel the same way Madonna does when she happens to watch it for any reason (as if she).

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I found this on madonna.com. 

Re - invention Tour DVD Update

February 16, 2005

We have received tons of email here at Madonna.com regarding the DVD release of the Re - invention tour and we wanted everyone to know that a release date has not yet been set. We are currently looking at releasing the DVD some time during the fourth quarter of 2005 in time for the holidays. Stay tuned to Madonna.com for more info about the release.

Why Madonna never released Re-Invention DVD? What do you think, will she ever release it?

If she ever does, it won't be now. She's reminiscing right now, but she won't follow through with anything major until she's about dead. Which could take away if she takes care of herself. Rumors of antidepressants do worry me. But other than that, she will live very well. And those tours pre Confessions will just have to sit for awhile.

If she ever does, it won't be now. She's reminiscing right now, but she won't follow through with anything major until she's about dead. Which could take away if she takes care of herself. Rumors of antidepressants do worry me. But other than that, she will live very well. And those tours pre Confessions will just have to sit for awhile.

What are you talking about? 

As for Tour release, certainly Madonna.com only knew of a release of the concert in some format at that time.  The person who made that update was not privy to know that it was an actual Documentary being planned instead.  And I'm sure Madonna and company looked at the documentary as a concert release of that tour.  There was never a clear definition what was actually going to be be released at the time of that release statement on Madonna.com.

That said, she and Guy  I believe at one point (if I recall correctly it was some time after the release of the documentary), state they were still planning to release the full concert.  I've always thought there was some legal issue that kept it from happening.  But who knows!  All I know is I enjoyed the documentary which included many of the performances.  And thank goodness we have the internet/bootleg leaks to watch the rest. 

• madgefan changed the title to Re-Invention Tour | Lisbon
  • madgefan pinned this topic