Why didn't Madonna sue Adi Lederman into poverty for stealing RH?

pepshettibone

I can't believe the guy just got a slap on the wrist for what he did? 14 months in a country club prison really??
Little do they know this guy has been hacking and stealing from top studios and re-selling the looted studio assets all along,
and he continues to do it.
If the studios and record labels knew how much money he has made off selling stems and multitracks on the net through a bunch of kids he'd be going back to a REAL prison...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/11729487/Former-Israeli-Pop-Idol-jailed-for-hacking-Madonna-emails-and-selling-demo-tracks.html

Think he mostly got his sentence based on the Rebel Heart hacks, ignoring that this steal-trade-sale thing has been going on for more than 10 years.

Madonna wasn't the only one he sold stuff of, various artists (like Beyoncé, Britney, Rihanna, Kylie, Lady Gaga and many many more)'s stuff were sold; demos, outtakes, stems, anything.

No he exists, did anyone here ever see his hideous singing attempt on the Isreali version of Idol? It was on Youtube. I had never even heard of him, other than recalling the Rebel Heart leak in the news.
I only discovered what this guy has been doing about a year ago through a collector who sent me a list of multitracks,stems, and instrumentals for sale that had to have been stolen from a big studio or record label. We're talking recent popular top 40 things. Prices ranged from $150 to $250 per pack. 
I'm sure karma will eventually catch up to him. 

No he exists, did anyone here ever see his hideous singing attempt on the Isreali version of Idol? It was on Youtube. I had never even heard of him, other than recalling the Rebel Heart leak in the news.

I only discovered what this guy has been doing about a year ago through a collector who sent me a list of multitracks,stems, and instrumentals for sale that had to have been stolen from a big studio or record label. We're talking recent popular top 40 things. Prices ranged from $150 to $250 per pack. 

I'm sure karma will eventually catch up to him. 

I'm not defending this person whether real or not, but what you need to understand is that a lot of people re sold stuff. So, they would buy one item off 'him' for $250, but would then re sell that for $350, $500, $550 to many many people. So 'he' did not always profit, it was other greedy fans that did.  I read that 'he' originally sold the RH demos for as low as $35....but it was greedy fans that jacked up the price, and then traded them like water in Africa.

Plus, to think that he was the only one doing this, is so naive, the world has how many billion people? Think about it.

I'm not defending this person whether real or not, but what you need to understand is that a lot of people re sold stuff. So, they would buy one item off 'him' for $250, but would then re sell that for $350, $500, $550 to many many people. So 'he' did not always profit, it was other greedy fans that did.  I read that 'he' originally sold the RH demos for as low as $35....but it was greedy fans that jacked up the price, and then traded them like water in Africa.

Plus, to think that he was the only one doing this, is so naive, the world has how many billion people? Think about it.

Yet the leaks have stopped!  So whether he acted alone or not, doesn't matter since it's apparent a message has been sent. But of course, as technology evolves, it won't stop people in the future to leak her stuff.  I'm not naive to believe there aren't  people who are among her circle (especially those working on her music at the time) are not at fault to what is leaked.  Maybe not necessarily the top producer, but there are always people working under them who have access to the studio and files.  Personally, I can't see it ever stopping.  It all comes down to those people working for her, and if they are easily hacked or themselves leaking things. 

All in all, I look at it as a compliment if her future work is leaked.  It means that these people who are leaking her work, believe she's quite relevant that people still actually care.  I mean; think about those who were her peers from the 80's.  For instance, who is leaking Cyndi Lauper's work?  As far as know, no one!  

I know people still have items in their collections that haven't leaked but after the arrest made, probably either are afraid to or want insane amounts of money for their stash.

Most of the demos for this record have leaked minus a few and other things.

It depends where the files are stored and whom they are passed along. Madonna said a lot of the production and tracks were worked outside of the studio constantly, things being sent via email, phone etc so no doubt a hacker wouldn't easily obtain early mixes, stems, vocals etc.

I did love their illustrations for each of the songs. So spot on!

The hysteria during that time. I remember a forum I was a member on was passing this random dummy file which I assumed to be fake and it turned out to be SEX (album version) I think the clip someone made ended up leaking and spreading on the net the day it leaked.

I still think M should hike up security for this record and aside from the usual iTunes early leaks or the ones sent for a press review leaking, this record should be kept in the studio or places where her and collaborators will be working. 

Imagine if M had sent Lola "Bitch I'm Madonna" when she asked her.  :Madonna003:

The problem I have with this Adi Lederman is that he is stealing studio assets from some well known recording/remix studios in the US.
It's definitely a Catch 22. Most of us will turn a blind eye if something leaks, but the reality is if Adi is continually hacking into studios to steal and re-sell music someone is getting hurt in my profession and I don't like that.
If labels start to see assets leaking onto the net, the studios are the ones who are going to get the blame. I guess that's just the industry guy in me. I only collect as a side hobby. On that note why couldn't Adi have at least grabbed Like a Prayer, L.I.B multitracks etc?? JK :P 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe the guy just got a slap on the wrist for what he did? 14 months in a country club prison really??

Little do they know this guy has been hacking and stealing from top studios and re-selling the looted studio assets all along,

and he continues to do it.

If the studios and record labels knew how much money he has made off selling stems and multitracks on the net through a bunch of kids he'd be going back to a REAL prison...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/11729487/Former-Israeli-Pop-Idol-jailed-for-hacking-Madonna-emails-and-selling-demo-tracks.html

Hum, so in your opinion, what punishment did he deserve ? 100 years of jail ? Death sentence ? His hands cut off, his balls, his ears ?

If you think spending 14 months in prison is easy, then take his place.

• 5 months later...

I've looked at all the supposed multitracks for sale lists from this Adi (Muso) guy, not much Madonna listed surprisingly. 
I really think he only had access to R.H. and newer stuff. If there had been older sessions he would have sold them too. He was selling Prince-Let's Go Crazy multitracks before he disappeared. That just shows he wasn't that concerned with how popular the artist is. $$$ 

48 minutes ago, pepshettibone said:

I've looked at all the supposed multitracks for sale lists from this Adi (Muso) guy, not much Madonna listed surprisingly. 
I really think he only had access to R.H. and newer stuff. If there had been older sessions he would have sold them too. He was selling Prince-Let's Go Crazy multitracks before he disappeared. That just shows he wasn't that concerned with how popular the artist is. $$$ 

So you're saying Prince is not that popular of an artist? :Madonna032: That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard in my 22 years on this planet.

On 12/27/2017 at 6:17 AM, Dazedmadonna said:

Think he mostly got his sentence based on the Rebel Heart hacks, ignoring that this steal-trade-sale thing has been going on for more than 10 years.

Madonna wasn't the only one he sold stuff of, various artists (like Beyoncé, Britney, Rihanna, Kylie, Lady Gaga and many many more)'s stuff were sold; demos, outtakes, stems, anything.

I hope he can get his hands on unreleased Spice Girls music.

On 27/12/2017 at 6:42 PM, pepshettibone said:

he continues to do it.

How do you know this? 14 months seems about right plus the guy lives in a different country. Do you honestly think he is wealthy enough that it would be worth M's time in pursuing? 

It stopped the major leaks. This whole exercise is a huge deterrant for future potential leakers.