MadgeSlave

MADONNA RUMORED TO BE HEADLINING GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL

8 hours ago, Andymad said:

I'm game as long as she sings Causing A Commotion.

Really?  Like c'mon! If she sings anything it should be "Jimmy Jimmy" (Candy Shop Mix).

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

She could also perform the new single from the new album! :hearteyes:

But the album is only in concept stage, I doubt she has even done any vocal recordings, more like just listening to melodies and writing lyrics... I doubt there will be a single this year! LOL

Madonna to top bill at Glastonbury 2019 after festival lacked female headliners

The superstar has never performed at Somerset's Worthy Farm but organisers say she is the top pick

GLASTONBURY was criticised last year for its lack of female headliners – so ­organiser Michael Eavis is aiming for the very best ahead of the 2019 festival.

I can reveal the world’s biggest-selling female musician of all time, Madonna, is being lined up to perform at the event, which kicks off a year from now.

Despite a career spanning more than 30 years, she has never appeared at Somerset’s Worthy Farm and is the top pick for the event as she gears up for the release of her 14th studio album.

A Glastonbury insider said:       “Preparations are already well under way after they’ve taken this year off, and Michael and his ­daughter Emily Eavis want to make it better than ever.

“They have always been massive fans of Madonna and know she would put on an unforgettable show.
“It was really important that they had a diverse line-up for the 2019 festival after criticism of previous ones.

“And with this being a fallow year they want to secure a really big name to drive ticket sales.

“Thanks to all her huge hits, they are convinced that she would be a real crowd pleaser on the Pyramid Stage.”

Madonna has sold well over 300million records during her career and notched up 13 UK No1 singles.

If she does decide to sign up for Glastonbury she will follow in the footsteps of just a handful of other incredible brilliant female headliners including Adele, Florence and the Machine and Beyonce. She is the first name in the picture for the 2019 festival, which will run from June 26 to 30.

And it will be a dream come true for Michael, who said he wanted to sign her in 2000 when David Bowie headlined Glasto.

Speaking about her that year, he said: “I would really like to get Madonna, I tell you that. I might spend a bit of time working on that actually . . .

“I’d be very keen on getting Madonna. That’s the one to do.”

Well, better late than never.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6623138/madonna-glastonbury-2019/

If this ended up being true,  then we can expect the new album to be released only next year. Glastonbury would be a great promo but she needs the right type of show and especially the right band.

Madonna 'in talks to HEADLINE Glastonbury 2019' with an 'unforgettable show'... as iconic music festival takes a year off

It's the UK's most iconic music festival, which has taken 2018 off as its 'fallow year' in a bid to give the land and organisers a break. 

Yet Glastonbury is already lining up its 2019 acts with Madonna, 59, reportedly set to 'headline' the Pyramid Stage. 

Creator of the legendary music festival, Michael Eavis, and his daughter, Emily, want to make next year's 'better than ever' in order to 'drive ticket sales', reports The Sun.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5885297/Madonna-HEADLINE-Glastonbury-2019-time-unforgettable-show.html

Don’t be a moron, of course Madonna should headline Glastonbury!

When I read this morning’s report that Madonna has been lined up to headline Glastonbury 2019, my first thought was “about time – she’s only been the Queen of Pop for 30 years”. Then I braced myself for the inevitable gammony backlash. Glastonbury is the UK’s most iconic music festival, and though it’s retained its bohemian spirit and staggering capacity for strangeness, some people get very protective about the headliners. If you’re not a “proper rock band”, you’re not quite right – as Kanye West discovered in 2015.

For these people who’ve somehow managed to reduce the limitless potential of music into a set of numbingly conservative norms, Madonna’s an easy target. Already there are jokes on Twitter about her needing a Zimmer frame and resembling “your drunken aunt at a karaoke-themed christening”. These people clearly didn’t catch 2015’s awesome ‘Rebel Heart Tour’, when she delivered yet another arena show masterclass packed with spectacle, physicality and pure emotion. In terms of unflaggingly energetic stagecraft, her only real peer is Mick Jagger. Incidentally, he was 69 when the Rolling Stones headlined in 2013 – nine years older than Madonna will be when Glasto rolls next June.

Of course, the rockgammon’s problem with Madonna isn’t just that she’s “old”; it’s that she’s an “old” woman who does pop. Only three female artists have headlined the last 10 Glastonburys – Beyoncé, Adele and Florence and the Machine – and Madonna would be older and more obviously pop than all of them. But if we want Glastonbury to remain an iconic music festival, shouldn’t it be booking iconic headliners? It’s difficult to think of anyone more iconic than the fourth best-selling artist of all-time, the performer who alongside Michael Jackson set a template for the modern pop star, the activist who lobbied for LGBTQ rights before it was fashionable, the provocateur who was so dead-set on pushing the envelope that she simulated analingus and S&M in 1992’s jaw-dropping ‘Sex’ book, the punky upstart who cut her teeth with Basquiat and Keith Haring on the Lower East Side and became a superstar.

Madonna has earned the right to headline Glastonbury – several times over. She knows how to create an incredible stage show and her catalogue of hits is dazzling. Imagine a setlist that includes ‘Like a Prayer’, ‘Vogue’, ‘Holiday’, ‘Ray of Light’, ‘Music’, ‘La Isla Bonita’… you get the picture. And crucially, she’s still hungry. “I’ll stop doing everything that I do when I don’t want to do it anymore. I’ll stop when I run out of ideas. I’ll stop when you fucking kill me. How about that?” she told Harper’s Bazaar last year. It’s this defiant attitude that could – and should – illuminate the Pyramid Stage next June.

Source http://www.nme.com/blogs/festivals-blog/dont-moron-course-madonna-headline-glastonbury-2344394#SRE7yhl338RmHHHY.99

Do people really think this is going to happen, though?  I just am very hesitant in getting any hopes up.  It's like every year we get the same rumors about various events she might show up, but it never happens. 

If it happens, I'm sure the performances will be abridged versions from the tour she'll be on next summer/fall.