4 Minutes 10th Anniversary!!

matty221087

4 Minutes was released on 17th March 2008! Can’t believe it’s been 10 years! I remember the first time I heard a clip of it when Timbaland previewed it at the Jingle Ball 2007, and as soon as I heard that instrumental I got goosebumps! I knew straight away it was gonna be a huge hit! It shot to the top of the UK charts and went to Number 1 for four weeks! Her last UK number 1 single. It was being played everywhere and was on Radio 1’s A List. (The last time she was popular on that radio station) The music video came out a few weeks later and I loved it! Madonna looked absolutely amazing in it! It’s a shame that Madonna hasn’t hit the top of the charts since then like she did with 4 Minutes. It’s my second favourite Madonna song after “Sorry”. What are your memories from when you first heard 4 Minutes!?

4 Minutes is such a huge tune! I love it :Madonna001:

The final breakdown is life!!!! I always dance to it ahaha 

It was everywhere back then.

Oh and random fact: it is Madonna's most watched video on a daily basis on YT, gaining 83.000 views per day (avg) :Madonna018: hope it can reach 100 million views in a couple of years. 

4 Minutes is such a huge tune! I love it default_Madonna001.gif The final breakdown is life!!!! I always dance to it ahaha 

It was everywhere back then.

Oh and random fact: it is Madonna's most watched video on a daily basis on YT, gaining 83.000 views per day (avg) default_Madonna018.gif hope it can reach 100 million views in a couple of years. 

Yeah definitely! The baseline to it is incredible, I used to have a subwoofer in my car and I would have the song on full blast and it would literally rattle the car! lol. I feel that when the song came out it was such an exciting time to be a Madonna fan because the song was hugely popular and was being played everywhere! I remember the morning it was getting it’s premier on Radio 1 and I was impatiently waiting for them to play it, and then when they finally played it I was so excited! Obviously I’m still a Madonna fan, but I feel the excitement isn’t what it once was when she was being played everywhere and radio stations and night clubs were playing her latest tunes. Too many ageist people about! But I definitely have some great memories of Madonna’s last biggest hit!

I remember the clip that leaked which was the song but slightly different. It had the breakdown missing but I burned it on a CD at the time. Anyone have that version of the song?

Fond memories of the screencaps a Madonna fan site posted before the video debut and a lot of kids in high school loving the song. While I'm not a big fan of Hard Candy, the song was everywhere. When I got the album at Hastings, they had  this nice Hard Candy stand by the entrance and it seemed the last time I ever saw any promo for her releases in stores after that unfortunately.

Can't believe it's been a decade. I was a sophomore in high school. :Madonna034:

While the song didn't grab me like previous eras when she first released a single, I was actually happy to see she was able to team up with someone that was able to horn in on a current sound that was willing to play her on radio. Though at the same time, I felt the sound was a bit predictable. Timbaland and Timberalke really didn't stray too far from their formula or at least back then, they didn't.  I actually preferred, "Devil..." and "Miles Away" over "4 Minutes".  Still, I feel it's become a great anthem for the two.  I don't hold any animosity with Justin. I enjoy his music unlike some M fans. His current album isn't as good as previous, but I do think he's is very talented. I do think Madonna jumped on that band wagon a little too late.  "Devil... " could have been a huge hit, if it was released as a single.  Then again, I don't think Warners was backing her very well by that time.  "4 Minutes" manage to do as great as it did because two big fan bases actually enjoyed the collaboration.  But it seemed no one was interested after that.

it maybe strange to say this but..

I like the song itself. But I don't like it as a Madonna song.

Because Justin timberlake has all the good parts. I mean killer part.

It feels like this song is more like Jusin timberlake's song feat Madonna.

So I like the song itself but I don't like it as a Madonna song. 

Oh god. 10 years really? I was 12 when this was released, I remember watching the premiere on MTV and screaming 'cause I had no idea that she was going to release a new single (I had no internet back then don't @ me). What a BOPPPPPPPP. 

Does anyone have a clip of Timbaland playing this on 2007? I can't find that anywhere. Also, is this the last time we saw her real cheeks? I live.

On 17/3/2018 at 1:32 AM, devilpray said:

Oh god. 10 years really? I was 12 when this was released, I remember watching the premiere on MTV and screaming 'cause I had no idea that she was going to release a new single (I had no internet back then don't @ me). What a BOPPPPPPPP. 

Does anyone have a clip of Timbaland playing this on 2007? I can't find that anywhere. Also, is this the last time we saw her real cheeks? I live.

DAAAAMNNN I was 8

I’m surprised there’s not been more of a buzz around its 10th Anniversary, I remember this time ten years ago and it was a few weeks before the music video released and I remember seeing some screenshots of it and what Madonna looked like and I was so excited! It’s definitely my favourite music video along with “Sorry”. I remember seeing this clip on the internet and I literally got goosebumps! God I miss those days haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk