Top 5 favourite/most appreciated Madonna studio albums?

anel_

1. Ray of Light: soundtrack to my pre-20's, a time-capsule.

2. You Can Dance: childhood on cassette, replay every summer, workout jams. Loving the new red vinyl release.

3. Erotica/Immaculate Collection: sex combo.

4. I'm Breathless: my drag album.

5. MDNA: made me dance again, tour stage pit, Orbit was back. 

:kitty:

On 18/05/2018 at 12:57 PM, anel_ said:

I think it’s because it’s a soundtrack album not a studio effort. I’m going bananas is one of my favourtes off this soundtrack and the hanky panky blond ambition tour performance is just wow. Her vocals and stage presence

But it’s not really a soundtrack, it’s more a concept album. Only three of the tracks appeared in the movie. Therefore, it’s more Madonna album than soundtrack

1 hour ago, PWCCA said:

But it’s not really a soundtrack, it’s more a concept album. Only three of the tracks appeared in the movie. Therefore, it’s more Madonna album than soundtrack

Well like I said Madonna herself doesn’t count the soundtrack as an album and no one else really does as well. It doesn’t fit quite well with her discography if you ask me. It’s a good soundtrack record on its own imo

• 1 year later...

My top 5:

1. Ray of Light: Her best album to date and her most beautiful at the arrangements, the vocal prestation of all the songs, the melange of electronic with many genre. I love every songs of the album, the spirituality of the songs, the smooth ambiance of the songs and the innovation to create a new sound in the music. A masterpiece.

2. True Blue: Her only 80's album of her career of all the songs was very good. I like all the songs of the album, depiste this record retained her dance-pop style to the two first albums, her dance-pop style was more mature and she started to took manys risks in the styles of the songs (the classical intro of Papa Don't Preach, ballad of Live to tell and Latino of La Isla Bonita).

3. Confessions on a dance Floor: Like True Blue and Ray of Light, i like all the songs of the album. The disco influnced was excellent and all the songs was very good. Hung Up was my favorite Madonna song of all time and i was a fan of many songs of the album (Jump also one of my favorites songs) and i like all the songs

4. Bedtime Stories: A very good album, with very goods songs, with a good beat of many songs of the album. Mosly RnB, Disco and Hip Hop, this album was a good listen and i was a fan of Sanctuary, this song (and the title-track) influenced pop-electro was her prelude of her electronic style of her Ray of Lightalbum.

5. Like a Prayer: Depiste i hate Act of contrition and Love song, i like very well this album. This album was a departure of her dance-pop of her first three albums, with included many differents music styles like rock, Funky, RnB, Pop and Latino. Each people choose her style in this album and was ambitious in this. A very good album and a good sequel of True Blue.