Pick one song from Celebration double album..

GhostOrchid

..that you would cut out (you don’t think it belonged there), and add one that you think was left out. 

But stick to the theme - songs that overall marked her career (not necessarily chart toppers) Regardless of your own feelings towards the songs :Madonna032:

My choice:

OUT: Burning Up

IN: Deeper and Deeper

I'm fine with the way it is.  It's a great retrospective of her career.  Besides, Greatest hits/compilation albums are dead.  It's quite easy for any one of us to make one of our own, of any or all songs we prefer. 

1 minute ago, Liam said:

I'm fine with the way it is.  It's a great retrospective of her career.  Besides, Greatest hits/compilation albums are dead.  We all can make one of our own, of any or all songs we prefer. 

I absolutely knew this was going to be the answer without even having to look. You are becoming predictable my friend. 

9 minutes ago, GhostOrchid said:

I absolutely knew this was going to be the answer without even having to look. You are becoming predictable my friend. 

And it's a bad thing to offer an opinion that you enjoy something "as is"?  Do you smack your mother in the mouth simply because she prefer things "as is", then the way you prefer? :Madonna032:

2 minutes ago, Liam said:

And it's a bad thing to offer an opinion that you enjoy something "as is"?  Do you smack your mother in the mouth simply because she prefer things "as is", then the way you prefer?  :Madonna032:

hmm.. no. But somehow I knew you wouldn't join the game, that's all. No hard feelings :kissy:

I'd cut everything and turn this into a Santa Baby remix album with this tracklist:

01. Santa Baby

02. Santa Baby (feat. Nicki Minaj & Diplo)

03. Santa Baby (Trap Remix To Annoy Some Fans)

04. Santa Baby (Spanish Remix feat. Luis Fonsi)

05. Santa Baby (Mambo Remix)

06. Santa Baby (Sung by Stella and Esther)

07. 15-minute-long conversation between Madonna's assistant, Stella and Esther

08. Home recording of Madonna complaining about the new Instagram update

09. Your Honesty

I was disappointed with this release as I expected all tracks to be the 7" radio edit/single mix/radio remix. The time flow of the songs would have been a lot more consistent. Especially those long album versions of: Holiday, Frozen, Like A Prayer, Live To Tell, Die Another Day, Take A Bow, Hung Up, Ray of Light, Justify My Love, Hollywood, Music and Vogue.

Out: Dress You Up (with that annoying edited intro), Everybody, Cherish

IN: You Must Love Me (Single Mix) or You'll See (Spanglish Edit), Substitute For Love (Radio Edit), Keep It Together (Single Remix)

I'd swap the likes "Miles Away" and "Hollywood" for the inclusion of "Deeper and Deeper" and "Give It 2 Me."

Ideally I would have added

Causing a Commotion
True Blue
Rain 
Deeper and Deeper and another unreleased track over "Revolver."

The promotion for this release was great unfortunately all the bad errors in mixing (Erotica for example is terrible and the DVD collection) were misses. The artwork I love especially the lyrics in the background is very nicely done.

10 minutes ago, devilpray said:

I'd cut everything and turn this into a Santa Baby remix album with this tracklist:

01. Santa Baby

09. Your Honesty

Don't forget the Candy Shop official music video filmed in her bathroom. What we've waited a decade for. :laughing:

Just now, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Don't forget the Candy Shop official music video filmed in her bathroom. What we've waited a decade for. :laughing:

That's on the DVD! I also forgot to say that the version of Santa Baby that it includes was recently recorded while she was wearing her grills

2 minutes ago, devilpray said:

That's on the DVD! I also forgot to say that the version of Santa Baby that it includes was recently recorded while she was wearing her grills

The Candy Shop music video will have filters, quick cuts, cellphone quality footage, vocals from the S&S tour with a commissioned artwork from Aldo Diaz, first twenty have a special poster size of it too. What a deal. :Madonna030:

34 minutes ago, devilpray said:

01. Santa Baby

09. Your Honesty

Brilliant. Your Honesty at the end cracked me up :lol:

25 minutes ago, Rory said:

I was disappointed with this release as I expected all tracks to be the 7" radio edit/single mix/single remix. The time flow of the songs would have been a lot more consistent. Especially those long album versions of: Holiday, Frozen, Like A Prayer, Live To Tell, Die Another Day, Take A Bow, Hung Up, Ray of Light, Justify My Love, Hollywood, Music and Vogue.

Out: Dress You Up (with that annoying edited intro), Everybody

IN: You Must Love Me (Single Mix) or You'll See (Spanglish Edit), Substitute For Love (Radio Edit)

Had she put radio edits of those songs she could have squeezed in one more song on each disc

I found the lack of American Life odd. I mean, it was two studio albums back and three tours aswell. The backlash was pretty moot by Celebration. It charted at 37 in the US while Hollywood missed the charts in the US.

Out: Cherish. I know it's beloved but I hate it soooo much! Placing it right before something like Celebration never felt right anyways.

In: Deeper and Deeper. But I felt like if they were gonna put Miles Away in the mix, Give It 2 Me should have aswell. And American Life andddd American Pie. 

15 hours ago, Liam said:

I'm fine with the way it is.  It's a great retrospective of her career.  Besides, Greatest hits/compilation albums are dead.  It's quite easy for any one of us to make one of our own, of any or all songs we prefer. 

Celebration came out before the Spotify boom, but you're right, "best of" releases will be more and more rare since it's so easy for everyone and for every artist to curate a playlist with favorite songs and greatest hits.

17 hours ago, Janinno Salazar said:

Here is my own version of celebration, I would have included three cd's although it is really hard to condense so many success in two cd's ...

Celebration 3 cd's.jpg

wow this is actually perfect. i would change literally nothing on discs 1 and 2. 

Disc 3 i would probably take out: burning up, jump, nothing really matters, broken, drowned world and include: hanky panky, rescue me, i’ll remember, this used to be my playground and don’t cry for me argentina