ADDICTED Fred

NEW BOOK AVAILABLE > "MADONNA COLLECTORS: the Must-Haves / Volume 1 The Album CDs"

NEW BOOK AVAILABLE > "MADONNA COLLECTORS: the Must-Haves / Volume 1 The Album CDs"

Hi, Rebel Hearts!

I just wanted to let you know about a new Madonna book which has just been released! This book called "Madonna Collectors" has been made by 3 die-hard fans for all the other die-hard Madonna fans out there!

With its 400 pages and 3000 pictures, this book presents a selection of the rarest, most limited Madonna CDs and related collectibles, sourced from all over the world and covering Madonna's whole career, from "Madonna/The First Album" until the "Rebel Heart Tour"!!!

With more than 1000 must-have items chronically presented, thousands of captioned pictures featuring all the relevant information on each release, not only is this book an utterly entertaining, highly documented and lavishly illustrated handbook but, as the referential guide that it is, it also provides a valuable and reliable source of information and guidance to any fan who would be willing to start, grow or complete «the perfect Madonna records collection»!!!!

Should you be interested in getting a copy for yourself or to learn/see more about this new book, please do feel free to message me!

Kissessssss,

Frederic

Madonna Collectors The Book.jpg

This is a book I'd like to have. I started to collect some of her records and so far I bought some picture discs, vinyls, deluxes. And I realized that the amount of collectible stuff out there is so big that you either have to be a billionaire or spend three lifetimes collecting stuff. 

I've decided to "narrow" my collection by concentrating myself solely on vinyls (12' or pic discs), deluxe editions and maxi-singles. I'm not interested in memorabilia. But it's expensive anyway. The worse thing about collecting is that you alway discover and item in better condition that the one you had bought. 

51 minutes ago, scottyj said:

I'd be too jealous wanting everything if I had that book so I'll pass

After all there is a ton of info on discogs and websites 

I know, I know. I too have a digital collection. But what a pleasure it is to OWN something and put it on display

32 minutes ago, Rotzheimberg said:

I know, I know. I too have a digital collection. But what a pleasure it is to OWN something and put it on display

I know what you mean...I've limited myself to displaying in one room otherwise the house will be covered in Madonna...I used to even burn patchouli lol

1 hour ago, scottyj said:

I know what you mean...I've limited myself to displaying in one room otherwise the house will be covered in Madonna...I used to even burn patchouli lol

The problem is that M's not the only artist I collect; and music is not the only field I'm interested in LOL. I collect mostly rare books and first editions. So a lot of money is spent.

When it comes to displaying an item I always display only one, to be changed every week. 

1 hour ago, scottyj said:

Lol patchouli really? I remember Like a prayer came smelling of patchouli. I thought at the time, this is so stylish. I don't know if any other artist came up with the idea of a perfumed album

12 minutes ago, Rotzheimberg said:

The problem is that M's not the only artist I collect; and music is not the only field I'm interested in LOL. I collect mostly rare books and first editions. So a lot of money is spent.

When it comes to displaying an item I always display only one, to be changed every week. 

Lol I spend just as much on Mariah as I do Madonna 

But like you,  I collect several artist's things

It's a "no" for me.  It's like a catalog of what is out there or was out there.  I prefer to just own the real thing, which much of it I do!!

15 hours ago, Enrico said:

After the book arrived yesterday I already bought two editions I didn't have... very very dangerous indeed @scottyj :lol:

I hope the other volumes are released soon, but they told me one every year. The vinyl and singles volume will be a lot more interesting!

Thanks a lot for supporting our Book project :) It means a lot to us !

13 hours ago, The Ghost said:

I bought this book,   I have to say it's very well done and definitely worth considering.  I'm very pleased with my copy. :)

Thanks a lot for supporting our Book project :) It means a lot to us! Do feel free to post your review on my Facebook Group "ADDICTED You're Under Madonna's Spell"... We do value a lot what fans think of it, just to make Volume 2 even better :)) Kissesss

11 hours ago, Enrico said:

Yeah but the book helps you to districate in the many editions existing.

I really love the 3 books Eighties / Nineties / Millennium, full of info on her catalogue, publication dates etc. This one is more complete maybe but a little less interesting, still useful.

Yes, you're right: we did not want to repeat what had been done by the Eighties / Nineties / Millenium books. We wanted to focus more on the records themselves and create a tool/handybook for collectors. The other books which exist are maybe more mainstream and can please most of the fans as they feature a lot of M pictures too. Here, we wanted to keep it simple, and provide as many information as we could on each release :) 

11 hours ago, Mirjam1912 said:

I have this book, too...and love the different CDs. But I saw little mistakes in some editions when I compare this online with  record websites about M`s discography ;-)  

True: sometimes, we disagreed on some information which were published online. I'm not saying we are right and sites are wrong ;) We just decided to associate with a big Madonna Collector, Pascal Jacquemin, who's been collecting M records for the past 30 years and trust his knowledge... Then, mistakes are human :) 

1 hour ago, ADDICTED Fred said:

Thanks a lot for supporting our Book project :) It means a lot to us !

Actually I bought it the exact minute it was put on sale, I have been following the project on IG for months, but I didn't find the premium edition, not realizing that it was going to be releasd a few hours later. I sent several messages to Illogical through the site asking to change, but never got an answer. Pity. But what mattered was to have the book, very very useful, can't wait to see the other volumes... I would suggest a little more info if, for instance, the booklet is different like in Taiwanese editions.

I got my copy last week. Great to finally have a reference book for her releases similar to the Pet Shop Boys book 'Catalogue' or the Depeche Mode 'Monument' book. A bit more detail/images of some of the releases would have been nice but I understand the limitations. I'm looking forward to the singles book as there is a lot more variety and rarities there. Expensive but worth it.