Original Miles Away Video?

null

I read an article on a Madonna fan site last week and there was apparently a rumored shelved music video for Miles Away that was cancelled and replaced with the Sticky & Sweet Tour montage version that appeared on the Celebration DVD set. What was this alternate video supposed to feature if it was actually happening?

Never heard of it as well.  Maybe there was an idea to be more than just a montage video, but by the time that song was released, she was on tour.  To me, it was a perfect way to promote the tour. 

At this point in her career, the tour is the focus, so it makes sense to make such a video than spend loads of money on an original video which would end up costing more money. 

Never heard of this either. She was already on tour by the time Miles Away was released as a third single so if anything, the montage video was done simply as the fact she probably didn't have the availability to film something. The most I remember hearing about the song was it was used in Japanese television show called "Change."

Though, I wouldn't put it past her to film something while on tour. Didn't we get "Turn Up The Radio?"

18 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Never heard of this either. She was already on tour by the time Miles Away was released as a third single so if anything, the montage video was done simply as the fact she probably didn't have the availability to film something. The most I remember hearing about the song was it was used in Japanese television show called "Change."

Though, I wouldn't put it past her to film something while on tour. Didn't we get "Turn Up The Radio?"

Yeah she was on the MDNA Tour when TUTR was filmed.

1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Miles Away was already a smash in Japan long before it was released as a single.  And yeah, "Turn Up The Radio" was a rarity for Madonna.  She filmed that while being on tour.  It reminds me when she took time out of her busy schedule during the filming of Evita to film the "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" video.

6 hours ago, bstranger said:

Jump was filmed when she was touring in Japan in 2006.

I believe it was filmed after the tour wrapped up in Japan.

I also remember seeing a video of ‘Miles Away’ on television containing airport images, names of destination cities etc. intertwined with the concert footage. I saw this only once and never saw it again. I start to think that I saw it in a dream or something.

3 hours ago, Steffmad said:

The Song that climbs at 11 without a Video, could have a Top Ten Hit with Video. 

Still mad about this and the reaction was again zero from Madonnas Team.

Guy O failed as Manager!!!!

btw there is no other Video, maybe in some people dreams

At 11 where?

3 hours ago, Turuncan said:

I believe it was filmed after the tour wrapped up in Japan.

Nope, it was during. She also featured the video's wig in the last shows.

And speaking of rumored videos never done, it still hurts me the most the rumored video for Nothing Fails that should have been filmed in the gorgeous Sintra never happened...

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Nope, it was during. She also featured the video's wig in the last shows.

I checked the Wikipedia page now and you’re right, it also supports the idea that it was inbetween the shows. But she would have worn the wig before shooting the video anyway. 

1 hour ago, Frank said:

And speaking of rumored videos never done, it still hurts me the most the rumored video for Nothing Fails that should have been filmed in the gorgeous Sintra never happened...

Agreed. She was rumored to shoot a video in Israel. Too bad it got lost because of Britney drama/‘Love Profusion’ video.

4 hours ago, Turuncan said:

GOSH! I think this was what I just referred to!

Yes the "airports video" is a backdrop from the Hard Candy Promo Tour:

23 minutes ago, Turuncan said:

Agreed. She was rumored to shoot a video in Israel. Too bad it got lost because of Britney drama/‘Love Profusion’ video.

What happened exactly? What do you mean with Britney drama? I don't know this story...

On 27/06/2018 at 12:09 AM, Liam said:

Miles Away was already a smash in Japan long before it was released as a single.  And yeah, "Turn Up The Radio" was a rarity for Madonna.  She filmed that while being on tour.  It reminds me when she took time out of her busy schedule during the filming of Evita to film the "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" video.

Or Celebration.....

• 4 months later...