Your Honesty?

migsou

Actually, I thought that fans knew prior... including myself.  But I might be confusing it with "Love Won't Wait" which Gary Barlow had a moderate hit with.  I do know fans knew more Dallas Austin tracks existed.  For some reason, I thought it was already known prior to "Remix and Revisited". 

6 hours ago, migsou said:

Hello... this is a question for the older fans I guess...

Was the existence of "Your Honesty" known prior to its release on the Remixed & Revisited EP?

Yes, way before Remixed and revisited EP, it was well known that a song called "Your Honesty" was among the discarded tracks from Bedtime Stories. So it was a beautiful gift to include it on that realease. ?

Guest Sonny

I love this song and I'm still mad that it wasn't included on Bedtime Stories as it would fit perfectly between "I'd Rather Be Your Lover" and "Don't Stop".

On 7/5/2018 at 2:09 AM, migsou said:

thanks for the replies!

i really love the song, and since at that time internet wasn't as big i wonder how the info got around...

While the internet was scarcely available to the public back when Bedtime Stories was released, a Madonna Mailing List Group began using the internet to share info.  Even Madonna used the internet back in '94 to release an audio message to her fans, mentioning the new single and album.  It's the infamous, "often imitated, never duplicated..." audio message. She mentioned "downloading" her new single "Secret" at the time. The mid 90's internet scene was a huge breeding ground for those who had access to demos, bootlegs, remixes, etc.  By the late 90's, more and more of the public was using the internet on a daily basis, and filing sharing software like Limewire and Napster, helped spread a lot of rare files.  Meanwhile, there were a number of Madonna fansites that kept track of every aspect of her career as well as detailed info on demos/songs written during her album sessions.

In early 2000s I remember reading on wikipedia's Madonna Unreleased Catalogue of a song from the Bedtime Stories sessions called "Honesty", produced by Dallas Austin, with Ascap registration code. I think "Your" has been added to the title for the 'Remixed & Revisited' occasion, if I'm not wrong.

Guest Sonny
14 hours ago, madgefan said:

But it wasn't good enough to be part of the album tracklist. 

Agree! While Your Honesty would fit perfectly on the album I think that Let Down Your Guard sounds too sexual to be part of the tracklist and Madonna wanted to avoid this after the Erotica backlash. It's still a nice song though.

• 8 months later...
On 7/8/2018 at 9:32 PM, madgefan said:

But it wasn't good enough to be part of the album tracklist. 

just because a song from the same period is not on the main album, but a b-side, deluxe track or even unreleased does not mean it is a bad track! sometimes it would just not fit the overall theme. doesn't make it bad!

as for you honesty... would like to know if there's also a demo for this one :-)