"Madonna: An Intimate Biography of an Icon at 60" will be a UK only release

Fontainebleau

"Since he first met Madonna 35 years ago, Hollywood writer J. Randy Taraborrelli has always had the inside track on her turbulent private life. Now, as the defiant Queen of Pop is about to turn 60, he has updated his best-selling biography — with the full story of her late-life penchant for toy-boys . . ."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5927095/Why-Madonna-dated-toyboys-pushes-60-shes-finally-got-bored-them.html

He's literally the least credible biographer on the face of this planet. :Madonna056: Guess having a life based around being a "celebrity biographer" you'd think he'd change his tune about getting to know these celebrities better instead of reporting like a 16-year old intern at the National Inquirer.

I remember reading his Madonna bio and feeling like a was reading some Barbara Cartland shit. It was so badly written. I remember laughing out loud when i read about Madonna and her father lying on the grass under a tree before her wedding and talking about the past, it was so cliche and most of of all she married in december when it was freezing cold. 

2 hours ago, Popeline said:

I remember reading his Madonna bio and feeling like a was reading some Barbara Cartland shit. It was so badly written. I remember laughing out loud when i read about Madonna and her father lying on the grass under a tree before her wedding and talking about the past, it was so cliche and most of of all she married in december when it was freezing cold. 

Not that I'm looking to add credibility to this guy's B.S., but could he had been referring to her first wedding with Sean?  That was in August '85 in the heat of the summer.   I have no idea since this is the first I've heard of him, and I don't have any interest in reading unauthorized and tabloid nonsense!

1 hour ago, Liam said:

Not that I'm looking to add credibility to this guy's B.S., but could he had been referring to her first wedding with Sean?  That was in August '85 in the heat of the summer.   I have no idea since this is the first I've heard of him, and I don't have any interest in reading unauthorized and tabloid nonsense!

Nope that was her wedding to GR and that scene was at the end of the book. 

1 hour ago, madgefan said:

I think he's written one of the most complete biographies of her. Just saying.

Complete and accuracy obviously doesn’t go hand and hand here. But I’m used to this, people in general are drawn to garbage and negativity. Life is never boring when people make shit up. Not like the FACTS on a Madonna story would be any more interesting!! ??

2 hours ago, Rotzheimberg said:

She's too big for a biography. Really big. It should come in 5 volumes.

I can already see the thousands of people queuing outside the stores to buy those 5 volumes. :Madonna037:

2 hours ago, Liam said:

Complete and accuracy obviously doesn’t go hand and hand here. But I’m used to this, people in general are drawn to garbage and negativity. Life is never boring when people make shit up. Not like the FACTS on a Madonna story would be any more interesting!! ??

Well I just said I like Taraborrelli's book. If you don't like it it's ok, it's not like someone's getting hurt about it. Are you? People have the freedom to choose, deal with it.

I can already see the thousands of people queuing outside the stores to buy those 5 volumes. :Madonna037:

Well I just said I like Taraborrelli's book. If you don't like it it's ok, it's not like someone's getting hurt about it. Are you? People have the freedom to choose, deal with it.

Never said people don’t “have the freedom to choose".  ?

Also, False info always hurts people. Certainly, Madonna is a big girl though, but I’m sure other people he may have brought up, could have been hurt by his exaggerations or flat out lies. 

Hey no one's attacking you. It's an amicable repartee. It's just a book that focus on her personal life (family, husbands, men, etc), and I couldn't care less. The career aspect is very superficial. There's a book by Barbara Viktor called Goddess and another one, Blond Ambition. And I recently posted Like an icon. But I haven't read any of them. Are they worth it?

So, I pre-ordered this book and was excited to read it, as I enjoyed the original publication. My copy was supposed to arrive on July 12, but never arrived. I received an email from Amazon apologizing and that they'd get it to me as soon as possible. I then noticed it wasn't being sold by Amazon.com, Books-a-Million or Barnes & Noble.

I then looked at Amazon UK and saw it was being sold there.

I decided to FB message the author, J. Randy Taraborrelli.

Here's what was said:

IMG_8626.PNG

I find this news extremely disappointing and annoying.

Unfortunately, he's right!  She's really not the force she used to be in the states.  And that comment regarding "blowing up the White House" hasn't set well with a lot of Americans.  Sadly, most aren't interested in the context of the speech she gave when saying that, but she said it, and that's the only line that people associate her with.

And finding her music in stores is becoming impossible.  I imagine the bigger cities like NYC still sells a lot of her music, but other areas of the U.S., she's rarely an interest.

One thing to keep in mind, the U.S. is a vast nation with a lot of vast music taste.  Though, "Country" and Rap/Hip Hop are the major players in the states.  Madonna doesn't fit in that market.  Of course, her age plays a part in it as well.  She doesn't connect well with the younger generation.  Unfortunately, the music industry has kinda set her out to pasture, so that doesn't help.

i remember the guy  who wrote encyclopedia saying madonna its hard to find a publisher for book release . people only buy trash books , a book about a celebrity who took every record in the book , and still is massive in many differend markets and is still an inspiration and is still an influance to loads of people isnt a miljon seller . People need the drama , the lies , the falls and the fails . that is a seller . People need to stop faking stories about her fading sucses or lack of humans showing interest in her work or her achivements . she is still huge . and no people don't complain about  m playing to less hits , if you go to other artists concerts they play their latest albums too . isnt that why they tour ?