Patrick Leonard releasing new M songs/co works read on instagram

shane54

It's important to note that this project does not involve Madonna, nor uses her vocals.  Most people know that here, but just in case.

From what he's posted on Instagram when teasing the project, I am not impressed. The piano interpretations he posted are good, but all these electronic versions with just a lot of beeps and noises seem a bit weird to me. But I guess, we'll see when the complete project is done. I'm not going to get too excited over this.  If Madonna was actually involved it definitely would be different.

There’s a few that I heard I’m interested in hearing. The Look of Love sounds a bit too obscure for my liking. It’s definitely an interesting take on the music they made together but... obscure is my feeling lol. I’m totally curious to hear the finished product but I’m not going bananas over it. Oh Father definitely and Hanky Panky. And I’m sure if they’re good enough to add vocals someone WILL. But... obscure and strange is my general feeling ATM lol.

7 hours ago, Liam said:

It's important to note that this project does not involve Madonna, nor uses her vocals.  Most people know that here, but just in case.

From what he's posted on Instagram when teasing the project, I am not impressed. The piano interpretations he posted are good, but all these electronic versions with just a lot of beeps and noises seem a bit weird to me. But I guess, we'll see when the complete project is done. I'm not going to get too excited over this.  If Madonna was actually involved it definitely would be different.

Well that's precisely the point not an M tribute, but a composer's rework.

"Not impressed" is so judgmental regarding the yet unheard work (besides a couple of lq snippets) of a composer without whom some of the 80s biggest hits wouldn't have happened. Yes, we'll see when the complete project is done. PL is probably not doing this to please M fans but to reclaim his own legacy on classic songs.

8 hours ago, discohub said:

Well that's precisely the point not an M tribute, but a composer's rework.

"Not impressed" is so judgmental regarding the yet unheard work (besides a couple of lq snippets) of a composer without whom some of the 80s biggest hits wouldn't have happened. Yes, we'll see when the complete project is done. PL is probably not doing this to please M fans but to reclaim his own legacy on classic songs.

My "not impressed" is based on what I've heard so far.  I'm entitled to such an opinion.  I"m not being judgmental at all. It's my over all feeling at this point.  Also, I'm not writing it off because like everyone, I am intrigued to hear what the finished product is.

And actually, Leonard only started doing this because of the interest of Madonna fans.  When he joined Instagram over a year or so ago, he really had no idea the interest fans had still in his work. So yeah, he's doing this pretty much for Madonna fans.  After all, we're talking about taking his original composition that he and Madonna created and recreating them totally different.  You have to admit, that might not fly with some fans.  I'm betting if this was anyone but Leonard doing this, more people would be saying the same as me here.  Just because it's  Patrick Leonard, means I'm going to instantly fall in love with whatever does with the original composition.  

All I can say is I hope the full tracks are better than what I'm hearing so  so far.  

On 7/27/2018 at 8:42 PM, shane54 said:

Patrick Leonard posted this on his instagram and answered one question by a fan so far.

Check it out!

Screenshot_20180728-011450_Instagram.thumb.jpg.69deac1ca14cfe19c027a6c4b4b51b7a.jpg

Screenshot_20180728-015448_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a22ae1b4a4b52923f98439a45dd3bba1.jpg

Yeah we talked about this project here before some months ago.  He was doing a kickstarter to fund it before an outside party underwrote the whole thing & he cancelled the kickstarter.   Wondering if it was M herself?

On 7/28/2018 at 8:23 AM, Enrico said:

Pat confirmed that there will also be 5-6 piano versions, a bonus track... and a volume 2 next year.

When asked about the release date, he said SOON. I hope he knows the meaning better than Madonna!!

Yep... and let me share this with you: he said this responding to me  :heart::heart:

On 7/29/2018 at 4:32 AM, discohub said:

You go girl, have your judgement and call it an opinion, whatevs

Call it what you like.  When you offer an opinion, a judgement is usually made.  I'm not apologizing for offering my opinion of what he's posted so far.  I'm not doing it to spite him.  Also, it's not like it's based on nothing!  He's posted multiple teasers which have been as long as a minute long.  I'm just not digging the way he's altered them so far.  I'm happy to give them a full listen when they finally are done, but at this point I'm not liking what I've heard so far. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...