Top 10 Underrated Madonna Songs

Luiz Ribeiro

Jokes apart (but I do like "Incredible"), I agree with "I'm Addicted" being an "honorable mention". This is my favorite song from MDNA undoubtedly, I really were expecting it to be a single and dreaming about the video... :( #Alice

And "Oh Father" as the number one, I agree with it too. I remember hearing this song on the radios when I was a child and how it used to make me so emotional. I do admire a singer when he/she is able to show her emotions so deeply justing singing a song, and Madonna was capable to do it with "Oh Father", like Björk did with "Stonemilker" IMO.

Yes, "Oh Father" is spot on.  I remember when it was released, and while the video got a lot of airplay on MTV/Vh1 back in the day, the song wasn't as popular.  Part of the reason, is the song can be quite depressing and too personal.  At the time, it wasn't the vibe radio was going for.  It undoubtedly is a gorgeous song from her as well as the video.

I watched it a few days ago and I was like "yikes" to just the commentary half the time. Miles Away, Keep It Together, Nothing Fails, Oh Father, Turn Up the Radio I agree. But Don't Tell Me is constantly on radios. And I don't see Secret being underrated. Power of Goodbye, Angel, Ghosttown, What It Feels Like for a Girl, and Celebration are all good candidates. 

On 8/17/2018 at 1:52 AM, karlafalves said:

Her most underrated song is "Incredible". Period.

I actually do think that “Incredible” is one of her most underrated and wrongfully hated songs. When Hard Candy came I, like everybody else, found it to be “too late” to be working with Timbaland and Pharrell. I did love all the Pharrell productions on HC from the beginning though and now it feels like they have stood the test of time. They all sound very fresh today and I think “Give It 2 Me” is totally underrated and is one of her all time best singles.

3 hours ago, Copenhagen Ciccone said:

I actually do think that “Incredible” is one of her most underrated and wrongfully hated songs. When Hard Candy came I, like everybody else, found it to be “too late” to be working with Timbaland and Pharrell. I did love all the Pharrell productions on HC from the beginning though and now it feels like they have stood the test of time. They all sound very fresh today and I think “Give It 2 Me” is totally underrated and is one of her all time best singles.

To me, She's Not Me was a missed opportunity. That song now sounds like a lot of the 80s and 70s sounds that current artists are trying to tap.

• 2 months later...