MDNA Discussion

Ulisaax640

MDNA was a mix! It would be great with one or two producers, WO was there and he´s a master.

GMAYL should had been a promo single to SuperBowl.

I don´t like Gang Bang but it would had been a super video, maybe to promote MDNA Tour. 

Falling Free and Beautiful Killer are "must" be singles. Masterpiece should have been worked more.

I know i might be in the minority but i prefer the MDNA album to HC and RH albums - yes the singles were a very poor choice and the videos were even worse (TUTR is still my most hated video along with BIM and dont get me started on GGW too :( ) GMAYL was an obvious choice for first single but she should have released Masterpiece(With a video of footage from W.E) as much as i love Falling Free(I think its one of her best ballads)- i dont think commercially it would have done well (M even said this in her chat with fans) The biggest problem for me with MDNA is Martin Solveig - his sound was just way too dated and amateurish - As for singles i would have chosen Some Girls, Love Spent & I Dont Give A - i really dont know why none of the Orbit tracks were released as singles(Biggest mistake of this era) we all know the album was rushed and im sure she thinks that too - most of her albums now are just tasters for the impending tour as thats where she makes her money now(Not from singles or albums)

i do love the artwork to this album despite the obvious photo-shopping 

In terms of singles, 

- Promo/Buzz single: Masterpiece (November 2011, create a bit of hype, promote W.E., capitalize on the Golden Globe win)

-1st single: I'm Addicted (fits with the whole MDNA/drug and electro thing)

-2nd single: Girl Gone Wild

-3rd single: Falling Free 

-4th single: Gang Bang (Radio obviously wouldn't play it, but it could have been a "club only single" with loads of good remixes)

I'm Addicted, Girl Gone Wild, Love Spent, Some Girls and Falling Free.

It are the only MDNA songs I like, but they don't hold a candle to all the singles lifted from earlier albums. But that's just my opinion.

For me the album itself feels like the one dissonace in her entire discography. I wish she had focused more on working with Orbit and Klas Ahlund instead of Martin Solveig. In my opinion the songs produced by Solveig are below par.

I'm A Sinner could have been absolutely smashing if it hadn't been for Madonna naming the saints and their virtues. It feels as if the song is put on a break while it should have just gone on being the beast that it was before the break. But again, that's just my opinion... :)

Here is my opinion on the album:

Gang Bang is a kind of wack. I get its for revenge, but why add it to the album? This song would have made it better in Rebel heart. 

Love spent is my favorite song from here. Its fine the way it is but maybe turning the song into A More Intense EDM song and change up the lyrics/ add more to it and release it as a single, thisbwould have been a hit just like Masterpiece. 

Give me all your luvin suck. I do not like collabs. But even as solo version it sucks. 

Falling free, Masterpiece & I'm A Sinner are fine the way they are.

Superstar- Poor Lyrics. (Abe Lincoln?), (Super Duper), Passwords? WHAT?? Yes it is catchy but she could have probably changed up the lyrics.

With IDGA, i like the solo version i did. Its okay. Thats all i can say about it.

To promote the album i would have chosen i'm addicted to be the first song to promote the album as a promo with alternate versions and maybe mixed like confessions. It would be like a confessions album but with EDM. 

Singles i would have chosen -

1 Masterpiece (With An Acoustic Mix)

2 Love Spent (With Remixes)

3 Girl Gone Wild

4 Falling Free (With the dance Remix)

5 I'm Addicted/ I'm A Sinner (Promo)

Since everyone else is breaking down the album I suppose I'll join in :silly:

Girl Gone Wild - Perfect song, perfect album opener and potential first single

Gang Bang - Would have made a great club release with a savage video done by Quentin Tarantino

I'm Addicted - Solid album track, potential single material, but not for the first single

Turn Up The Radio - Should have been the second single, so summery

Give Me All Your Luvin - Leave it on the album, do it at Superbowl, and never talk about it again

Some Girls - Solid album track, not sure about single material, though

Superstar - dump it

I Don't Give A - Fine as is, ok album track, too personal "wake up ex wife..." meh

I'm A Sinner - Solid album track, could have been the name of the album

Love Spent - One of the best tracks on the album, second or third single - I prefer the acoustic version which would have been great as a bonus track

Masterpiece - Should have been pushed more in the winter prior to the album's release as a buzz single

Falling Free - 3rd or 4th single, one of the best tracks on the album

Beautiful Killer - Very solid track, shouldn't be a bonus song

I F*cked Up - Would be better without the "rap" but otherwise quite solid and poignant

B-Day Song - dump it

Best Friend - Solid album track, shouldn't be a bonus song

So, all in all, 2 tracks should not exist and there was no need for a bonus disc. I think the album is better now than I did in 2012 because I had HUGE expectations for her first "post Gaga" album. I think a lot of people put MDNA against Gaga's work at the time, which was pretty spectacular in most people's opinion.

I think she should have trusted Orbit to produce the whole thing. "Some Girls," "Falling Free," "Love Spent," "I'm a Sinner," and "Masterpiece" are the best songs on the album. Stuff like "Girl Gone Wild," "Superstar," and "Turn Up the Radio" are some of the most banal, boring, middle-of-the-road songs she's ever been a part of.

Masterpiece (buzz single)

1. Girl Gone Wild (performed at the SuperBowl right before Like a Prayer)

2. I'm Addicted

3. Beautiful Killer / Gang Bang (dual single with a two-part video directed by Quentin Tarantino)

4. Falling Free (send the Ferry Corsten Remix to radio stations)

Love Spent is cute but the production is straight up tragic. The acoustic version is much better but her vocals have been butchered.

Album tracklist:

1. Girl Gone Wild
  2. Gang Bang
  3. I'm Addicted
  4. Some Girls
  5. I Don't Give A (feat. Nicki Minaj)
  6. Turn Up the Radio*
  7. I'm a Sinner*
  8. Beautiful Killer
  9. Masterpiece
  10. Love Spent (and Uptempo Mix based on the Acoustic version)
  11. Falling Free
  12. Best Friend

*I'm a Sinner & Turn Up the Radio are both absolutely terrible. If I had a catalogue of unreleased songs from that era to choose from, I'd replace them right away. This album should have been darker, more electronic...just like the tour.

First and foremost she should have given the boot to Demo Castillon. I spoke with Orbit on Facebook when he had his rant about the album there and when i asked him why the mix and cd sound sounded so poor that's when he said that it was all Castillon's fault that he could not even save Madonna's vocals to make his own mixes because the way he recorded her voice was completly out of this world, he could not believe it. So yes the sound of the cd and the mix really drag the album down even the good songs.

Then i've personally always had a problem with Girl Gone Wild, i wish she would have just sent the track into the sun on a comet for it to never see the light of day. It's terrible, cheap, outdated, below her and she did not even write it (thank god). 

I'm addicted on the other hand should have been the first single. 

Superstar and Bday song just like Girl gone wild should have been put in the trash.

Oh and i adore Love Spent acoustic but not the album version.

If only she could have made a video album with it before Beyonce with a theme about regaining her freedom after her divorce, not with all the songs but the main ones like Gang Bang, Falling Free....

I really don't care for GMAYL, i don't enjoy it but it does not make me wanna puke like Girl Gone Wild does :) 

I even grew to like Turn up the radio. Beautiful killer is a great song but it sounds unfinished with that predominent and repetitive snare.

9 minutes ago, Popeline said:

Then i've personally always had a problem with Girl Gone Wild, i wish she would have just sent the track into the sun on a comet for it to never see the light of day. It's terrible, cheap, outdated, below her and she did not even write it (thank god).

That's what I've always thought, but after listening to it for over 50 times, I started to like it. The video was her best since Hollywood. I'll never get over my initial impression, but at least it has some cool remixes (which can't be said for GMAYL).

Pure, unadultered crap. Nothing to defend or like about it from my point of view. ‘Love Spent’ and ‘Falling Free’ are the only average songs that could have been much better with a better production. ‘Girl Gone Wide’ is not that bad either, but with a completely new sound.

I try not to remember that she actually released this thing. Not an album, a thing.

The end.

2 hours ago, BItch I'm Madonna said:

Masterpiece (buzz single)

1. Girl Gone Wild (performed at the SuperBowl right before Like a Prayer)

2. I'm Addicted

3. Beautiful Killer / Gang Bang (dual single with a two-part video directed by Quentin Tarantino)

4. Falling Free (send the Ferry Corsten Remix to radio stations)

Love Spent is cute but the production is straight up tragic. The acoustic version is much better but her vocals have been butchered.

Album tracklist:

1. Girl Gone Wild
  2. Gang Bang
  3. I'm Addicted
  4. Some Girls
  5. I Don't Give A (feat. Nicki Minaj)
  6. Turn Up the Radio*
  7. I'm a Sinner*
  8. Beautiful Killer
  9. Masterpiece
  10. Love Spent (and Uptempo Mix based on the Acoustic version)
  11. Falling Free
  12. Best Friend

*I'm a Sinner & Turn Up the Radio are both mood absolutely terrible. If I had a catalogue of unreleased from that era to choose from, I'd replace them right away. This album should have been darker, more electronic...just like the tour.

I agree on almost everything! Not a fan of Beautiful Killer though. She clearly didn’t have a lot of great material for this one. She should have kept it short and dark!

Singles:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Gang Bang

3. Love Spent

Tracklist:

Girl Gone Wild

Gang Bang

I’m Addicted

Some Girls

I Don’t Give A

Love Spent

Masterpiece