Madonna's writing credits

Enrico

I find dissecting something like that is a bit like trying to figure out how many songs exactly she sings live on her concerts - ultimately it's not for your own benefit (as a Madonna fan) but to have ammunition to defend her against critics. What difference does it make in the end? Ella Fitzgerald didn't write her stuff, neither did Whitney and tons of others. If you want real insight into how much Madonna is involved in the recording process of her albums I recommend Lucy O'Brian's biography. 

As for getting writing credits for close to nothing, it's pretty common in the music industry and has been for a long time. It has gotten worse in the recent decade or so, I think, which results in songs having dozens of names credited - it's pretty much enough to be in the room while the song is being written/recorded these days to be named as one of the writers.

Sorry but I don't accept this!!!! When I opened this discussion I didn't want to question Madonna's talent!

I am just asking how much is her contribution in the songs, because especially recently she seems to have just corrected or added a few lines. It ok in music industry to get credit even for a small contribution? Fine, I am not saying that she is stealing something: her co-writers get a lot of attention and she gets money from the sharing.

But then we shouldn't be impressed if fans find the last decade albums or some songs less perfect than the previous ones, because her involvement is different compared to, for instance, the lyrics she wrote for a masterpiece as LAP. With incredible lyrics. These songs, although correctly credited, are not really written by her, so they are less personal, although she delivers them in a magnificent way, always makes them her own and nobody could sing them better. 

I think the problem is in the last decade her songwriting just hasnt been up to scratch as before - not to mention she seems to either rush the process (MDNA) or is working with too many people(RH) or is just working with shit djs (Oakenfold, Solveig) i'm glad shes working with Mirwais - they wrote some good stuff together but maybe she doesnt seem inspired much anymore and has lost the knack for writing good songs - only time will tell i guess

I think that Guy O has been pushy with her since the Live Nation deal to crack albums out. Confession was great Madonna written album, MDNA & Rebel Heart to me seem like rush jobs. There was glimmers of Madonna's writing but no full blown Madonna moments. 

I'm not by any terms knocking Madonna's talents, you don't stay famous this long without talent. Beyonce to me is overhyped, writes with numerous individuals, i want a solo written Beyonce album. Cutting credit goes back to Elvis days, that Elvis wouldn't cover a song unless he got rights to writing. Which is why Dolly Parton turned down him covering "I Will Always Love You", she refused  Colonel Tom Parker half the publishing rights deal.