Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

26 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

We're still in a pandemic. I'd drink a lot too

You might think we are still in a pandemic but Madonna definitely does not. Does bathwater, world travels, Dave Chapelle being the next James Baldwin or anti vax interviews mean anything to you? Hard to tell if she is just trolling or actually believes right wing conspiracy theories and Dave Chapelle's pathetic ramblings.

35 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

of course it does, where did she give an anti vax interview though?

It was an article on Independent, she claimed there was no debate or discussions over vaccines which is a way of stating that she disagrees with mandates, she also had a post deleted on social media for rambling on about some unhinged conspiracy theory. Remember when she called some loony doctor who was claiming neither masks or vaccines were required to fight the virus her hero? These pretentious gits trying to feel smart by going all redpilled are the absolute worst.

IIRC she mentioned on her IG story during the sound editing of madame x she had gotten her second shot of Moderna and it sounded like her name,

she's always been pro vaccine I think, if she wasn't she wouldn't have donated a million dollars of her own money to the bill gates foundation in April 2020 to find a drug that will prevent or treat COVID-19. 

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-joins-the-gates-foundation-on-covid-19-project

18 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Agreed, and i'm the first one to always point this out but she looks like a totally different person. Sometimes It feels like she wants to erase Madonna, face and voice. I'm not a fan of this new persona. Even in the Frozen remix video and especially in caps from the video she posts on IG her face looks so different, the shape of it. It's like it's not even Madonna. I mean plasticsurgery is supposed to improve your looks not to destroy your looks. Kate Moss has fallen victim to this too, i wonder if she has the same butcher as M... The last pics i've seen of her at a party with Riccardo Tisci, she's unrecognizable (same with Pamela Anderson, check Ellen Von Unwerth insta). But their choice.

There, it looks someone who kinda looks like Madonna.

image.png.0644bf985aec0ba9c6488546ed884d70.png

I think she looks exactly like Madonna. I don’t get this idea that she looks sooo different. 

6 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Dave Chapelle is pretty contraversial figure. i don't want him ''cancelled'' per se. I just want him held accountable for all the transphobic shit he's said in the past. hopefully he doesn't still think like that

What transphobic shit? Are you just spouting headlines or did you watch the show and can provide an actual transphobic quote? Because I watched the special and there was nothing transphobic in it. 

12 minutes ago, adirondak said:

What transphobic shit? Are you just spouting headlines or did you watch the show and can provide an actual transphobic quote? Because I watched the special and there was nothing transphobic in it. 

In the netflix special The Closer, Chappelle says that “gender is a fact” and that LGBTQ+ people are “too sensitive”. 

He says: “They cancelled JK Rowling - my God. Effectually she said gender was fact, the trans community got mad as s**t, they started calling her a Terf… I’m team Terf.”

Terf is an acronym for “trans-exclusionary radical feminist”, and refers to people who do not believe that transgender women are women.

Chappelle continues: “Gender is a fact. Every human being in this room, every human being on earth, had to pass through the legs of a woman to be on earth. This is a fact.”

Chappelle has expressed transphobic opinions in the past, like in 2016 when he said he didn’t want “a woman with a dick” using the urinal next to him in the bathroom. He also defended ex-US President Donald Trump’s ban on allowing transgender people into the military.

In his 2019 Netflix special, called Sticks and Stones, Chappelle called transgender people “confusing”.

Read this twitter thread by transgender ex Netflix employee Terra Field

he's trash

I see you didn’t watch the show because those are out of context, cherry picked quotes from a comedy show in which he said many things in support of the trans community. Lots of people don’t believe a trans woman is the same thing as a cis woman, including actual trans people. So it’s not really a transphobic viewpoint.

Also there’s a difference between a comedy special and a Ted Talk. Anyone who doesn’t like what he says has the option to, I don’t know, not watch it?

16 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

Is the woman ever not drinking these days? I swear every time I see her in any video you can count on the booze.

Always. I don't know why some fans freak out at the assertion that she's starting to act like an alcoholic these days. The signs are there between there being wine next to her at all times, the puffiness, and the slurred speech. But we've been down this discussion road before and it creates a bunch of controversy, so I've started to keep my genuine concern for her and what appears to be regular substance use to myself....