Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

12 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

All You Need To Know About NFTs: The Ugly, The Bad, And Occasional Good

https://geekculture.co/need-to-know-nfts/

I was never one to pin all blame on Guy Oseary. But it's really time for new management now. He has her out here peddling pyramid schemes with racist dog whistles. It's time.

2 minutes ago, Humanfly said:

i'm here for frozen remixes till the end of time but the NFT thing for real just pisses me off and i can't put my finger on why. wait yes i can. because it's fucking stupid 

Screw the NFT thing, the problem is even her monkey avatar wears that stupid leather hat, what a nightmare :salty:

18 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

I was never one to pin all blame on Guy Oseary. But it's really time for new management now. He has her out here peddling pyramid schemes with racist dog whistles. It's time.

All managers encourage their artists to get into NFTs now. Another manager would encourage her to do it more not less. A lot of artists are even releasing music as NFTs. It’s sad but that’s how the industry is now. 

6 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

All managers encourage their artists to get into NFTs now. Another manager would encourage her to do it more not less. A lot of artists are even releasing music as NFTs. It’s sad but that’s how the industry is now. 

Then they all suck. Guy has now signed the "Bored Apes" to represent them. They have the same manager. But M wants us to "come get woke". The math isn't mathing. Just my two cents. Hope everyone enjoys the frozen mixes and the pyramid schemes. I'm out.

1 hour ago, Pootz333 said:

Then they all suck. Guy has now signed the "Bored Apes" to represent them. They have the same manager. But M wants us to "come get woke". The math isn't mathing. Just my two cents. Hope everyone enjoys the frozen mixes and the pyramid schemes. I'm out.

It’s not as though she is promoting it all the time or encouraging you to buy NFTs. There are a lot of artists who promote their NFTs constantly and tell their fans to buy them. 
I don’t like NFTs and would never buy one, but it’s easy enough to ignore one post about them. 

So are people against the Ape specifically because it has racist imagery which I think is a very fair point. 
Or the concept of NFTs in general? I think there are problems with them but I think it’s a bit of an exaggeration to say they are only pyramid schemes. I think they can be used in  a bad way or creatively.  People buy digital music and movies, so why not digital art. 
NFTs  are a relatively new thing so I think we need to see how they develop. People are against new things and things they don’t understand. People were against the Internet at first too. 

Well she's not YET in the same category as all these super famous people who make instas and tweets to give away crypto money like Gwyneth and so many other huge Hollywood names. That's awful. NFT's are just the road to it as i don't doubt for a minute, as son as Guy O. will invest in them, he'll have Madonna promote it. Just last week he tweeted about Apes and bam, a few days later Madonna is used ..."C'mon Guy tell me what's hip, what will make me in with the Kids ?"

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Well she's not YET in the same category as all these super famous people who make instas and tweets to give away crypto money like Gwyneth and so many other huge Hollywood names. That's awful. NFT's are just the road to it as i don't doubt for a minute, as son as Guy O. will invest in them, he'll have Madonna promote it. Just last week he tweeted about Apes and bam, a few days later Madonna is used ..."C'mon Guy tell me what's hip, what will make me in with the Kids ?"

A lot of older artists are getting into NFTs as well. It’s not just a young hip thing. For instance Boy George of Culture Club fame is heavily promoting his new NFT project called Crypto Queens. It’s a reaction to low record sales and the small amount streaming pays.