Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

1998 Ultrasound Madonna would have walked into oncoming traffic if you showed her some of this stuff and I can't be convinced otherwise.

But I'm sure someone will be here soon with an essay about how we aren't real fans and just need to pop a Molly or perc with some wine in the car to melt our c*nts. Yawn.

She’s free to do as she pleases. I’ve been there from the beginning and I’ll be there at the end come what may. However the longer this persists the less likely I am to ever want to hear Frozen for some considerable time and for me that’s the disappointing thing.

Frozen is a masterpiece and to see any part of it surrounded by such infantile dross as she recently posted is tragic. 

13 minutes ago, kazumimagica said:

She’s free to do as she pleases. I’ve been there from the beginning and I’ll be there at the end come what may. However the longer this persists the less likely I am to ever want to hear Frozen for some considerable time and for me that’s the disappointing thing.

Frozen is a masterpiece and to see any part of it surrounded by such infantile dross as she recently posted is tragic. 

Why does this stop you from enjoying the original Frozen? She has sung it many times close to the original on tour including on Madame X. 

4 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Not even Amy Winehouse, with such a hard living she must have had sadly, would have been doing such a constant apology of taking drugs openly, something that, as Madonna once said wisely, destroy your body. I love Madonna but I will not be soft on this, let´s speak clear.

I have never taken drugs. I have autism and my brain chemistry is funky enough without chemical assistance however I'm not a puritan and references to such in media don't bother me in the slightest. However....

This is a woman who wrote a song cautioning against the use of drugs and alcohol to chase a pseudo state of spiritual enlightenment and that genuine ascetism was the only path to true gnosis and with the chemical route being the road to ruin. 

She, for the longest time, was the most interesting, insightful, eloquent and formidable persona in pop. I remember watching the Nightline interview way back when in defence of JML and she was untouchable. I remember thinking 'this is why I fucking love you' - she was inspiring and inspired. 'So lucky me...' my favourite 'Madonna being glib moment' of all time.

Sure she's been zany, goofy, cranky, oddball - the whole gamut of the human condition and most of us here most likely lived all those moments with her but there was always sustained periods of unrivalled brilliance on the whole.

Lately it seems the brilliance is waning and she's floundering in a sea of odd decisions and bizarre online activity. I know she's seizing the opportunities afforded her by a viral hit on Tik Tok and so she should but it's just a shame it all seems so cheap and meaningless right now.

People need to get a grip about drinking and drugs...  Madonna plays characters... always has. She was never fully Dita... Esther... Mdolla...  Madame X... The bad girl theme has always been an era placeholder.  She is still the mother of six that hides Easter eggs.   She is still the woman that had cigarettes and martinis placed in her hands for photo opps.  I believe that Madonna is still in control.  She is no Amy Winehouse and does not need a conservator.  

People need to get a grip about drinking and drugs...  Madonna plays characters... always has. She was never fully Dita... Esther... Mdolla...  Madame X... The bad girl theme has always been an era placeholder.  She is still the mother of six that hides Easter eggs.   She is still the woman that had cigarettes and martinis placed in her hands for photo opps.  I believe that Madonna is still in control.  She is no Amy Winehouse and does not need a conservator.  

Madonna is a fake poser, basically?
By the way, you can still hide Easter eggs while drunk. And you don’t need to have a heroin addiction to have a Borderline substance abuse problem.
Anyway, who knows for sure except her inner circle.

3 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Sometimes playing characters all the time begins to take a toll on ones mental health, why do you think Bowie stopped doing that after awhile? The fact that she hid Easter Eggs and has a family proves absolutely nothing at all. You have no idea if she is in control or not, the same ones who who accuse users of speculating are the ones speculating themselves. 

2 hours ago, Vasili said:

Madonna is a fake poser, basically?
By the way, you can still hide Easter eggs while drunk. And you don’t need to have a heroin addiction to have a Borderline substance abuse problem.
Anyway, who knows for sure except her inner circle.

And what evidence do you have?  A couple of instagram clips?  People do silly things on line, intentionally and otherwise.  If I was accused of being an addict every single time that I git silly on social media.  

2 hours ago, Aladdin Sane said:

Sometimes playing characters all the time begins to take a toll on ones mental health, why do you think Bowie stopped doing that after awhile? The fact that she hid Easter Eggs and has a family proves absolutely nothing at all. You have no idea if she is in control or not, the same ones who who accuse users of speculating are the ones speculating themselves. 

And you do not know either.

4 hours ago, Sultrysully said:
And what evidence do you have?  A couple of instagram clips?  People do silly things on line, intentionally and otherwise.  If I was accused of being an addict every single time that I git silly on social media.  

I do appreciate what you’re saying about her personas (although I believe she went all-in with Esther, if by Esther you mean her devotion to Kabbalah).
I just don’t think we are talking about a couple of posts here.
There is a likelihood that her post-surgical pain during COVID-19 did bring on a painkiller issue and/or exacerbated a functional alcoholism.
This may also be in combination with some post-breakup rebellion/bravado/escapism.

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

And you do not know either.

True, I dont know for certain but unlike you who are going by some blind belief, I base my judgements upon Madonna's own personal behavior which does her no favors at all these days. How ironic that someone who would rather us all shut up and not talk about these kind of things is lecturing people to get a grip. If you want to live in a fantasy world that is cute and all but dont tell everyone else to do the same.

For how uninspiring drugs references are, they've always been in pop music, she has an album and a song even playing with that theme lol, so nothing to be so purist about. It's just crappy and cringe that her new bestie and producer decides to do it in a song like FROZEN for fuck sake, it's like trapping about swinging testicles in Little Star 💀 whatever 

1 hour ago, Drownedboy said:

Frozen has always been one of my favourites from her, I even used to think this was maybe her best song ever, and now I fear I could possibly start to associate it with bad things thanks to this milking with Tik tok, and terrible videos with Madonna lost in plastic surgeries and silly rap talking.

You know you don't have to listen to these remixes. I've heard each one once so far and thought cute, but I have no intention of listening to them again. It really doesn't bother me that other people seem to like them either. The original is flawless and nothing is going to change that. Stop torturing yourself and avoid it ;)