Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

4 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

There it is. I was waiting for a response from her on the matter. The decision comes to show you that the Supreme Court doesn't actually care about making sense. They say that the right to abortion can be decided by the states, but say that certain gun laws cannot be left up to the states. It just shows that the judges will just do what they feel like doing whether it makes sense or not. I wouldn't be surprised if they overturn the decision on gay marriage either because one of the judges is already suggesting that the court should consider it.

28 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

She should produce a new version of Papa Don't Preach with Mike Dean like the one she sang during the US leg of Madame X tour "I'm not keeping my baby" and have it sung by one of the new artists she collaborates with, make it intergenerational. 

The crazy thing is loved PDP when I saw her in Philly but was like “but we have abortion protected?” And now I’m like “this woman got some prophetic gift or something”. That or our government is just that predictable, lol. 

6 hours ago, gafuller said:

The crazy thing is loved PDP when I saw her in Philly but was like “but we have abortion protected?” And now I’m like “this woman got some prophetic gift or something”. That or our government is just that predictable, lol. 

It was already being challenged in some states then...it was a long procedure but Trump had already put everything in place so it could be the only outcome and here we are 3 years later. 

14 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

She should produce a new version of Papa Don't Preach with Mike Dean like the one she sang during the US leg of Madame X tour "I'm not keeping my baby" and have it sung by one of the new artists she collaborates with, make it intergenerational. 

I'm Not keeping my baby??? If she change the lyrics foolishly like that, it will ruin all the strengths of the song.

The reason why the song was so loved and so many people hated it at the same time was because it had an irony.

When people first heard the song at the time, people were surprised, 'Is Madonna against abortion?' However, after watching the music video, countless Catholics and the Catholic community were angry. Because people realized that the main character of the song, which is about to give birth without abortion, was none other than a young teenage girl!!! 

At the time, the Catholic community and the Pope banned even victims of rape from having abortions. Countless parents taught their daughters that abortion is a Sin. But then Madonna dressed up as a teenage girl and sang, "I'm not going to have an abortion, I'm going to give birth and raise a child" So many parents got furious.

No parent wants their teenage daughter to give birth. But at the same time, they teach their daughters that abortion is a sin. Madonna was a sharp stab at the irony of hypocrisy. So many parents just pretended they didn't know the song didn't exist and just cursed Madonna.

If Madonna wants to recreate the song Papa don't Preach then she has to make a new music video. The new Papa don't preach music video should show a young girl who was brutally raped by a rapist with original lyrics. And the rape victim girl should be shown in the music video singing to her papa "But I made up my mind, I'm Keeping my baby, ooh I'm gonna keep my baby, mm" 

And simply put a sentence at end of music video which "U.S. government has outlawed rape victims from even having abortions."

9 minutes ago, MadameX said:

I'm Not keeping my baby??? If she change the lyrics foolishly like that, it will ruin all the strengths of the song.

The reason why the song was so loved and so many people hated it at the same time was because it had an irony.

When people first heard the song at the time, people were surprised, 'Is Madonna against abortion?' However, after watching the music video, countless Catholics and the Catholic community were angry. Because people realized that the main character of the song, which is about to give birth without abortion, was none other than a young teenage girl!!! 

At the time, the Catholic community and the Pope banned even victims of rape from having abortions. Countless parents taught their daughters that abortion is a Sin. But then Madonna dressed up as a teenage girl and sang, "I'm not going to have an abortion, I'm going to give birth and raise a child" So many parents got furious.

No parent wants their teenage daughter to give birth. But at the same time, they teach their daughters that abortion is a sin. Madonna was a sharp stab at the irony of hypocrisy. So many parents just pretended they didn't know the song didn't exist and just cursed Madonna.

If Madonna wants to recreate the song Papa don't Preach then she has to make a new music video. The new Papa don't preach music video should show a young girl who was brutally raped by a rapist with original lyrics. And the rape victim girl should be shown in the music video singing to her papa "But I made up my mind, I'm Keeping my baby, ooh I'm gonna keep my baby, mm" 

And simply put a sentence at end of music video which "U.S. government has outlawed rape victims from even having abortions."

This is so fucking true. Ugh. The song is brilliant in its own way (and the video like you say) we need a God Control type take on abortion. I think mama is gonna do what she does best. 

I feel like this has ignited a fire in her -- for all women. Ugh. I can't imagine. Even looking at the judges like C, Thomas...that mother fucker gets to decide?!! Back to mom tho...even if she makes a video...people gonna slam her and say "she's profiting" off peoples emotions blah blah blah just like they did when God Control came out. We shall see tho.

9 hours ago, MadameX said:

What really bothers me in your diatribe is you putting the emphasis on rape as if it's the only good reason for a woman/girl to have an abortion. Women must have the right to have an abortion no matter the reason why. If they don't then vasectomy must be mandatory or all men must have their dna put into a bank so when a women gets pregnant and the father is mia, dna tests must be made on the "baby" and the father will be forced to pay for the child until 18.  It is not a women thing only and it's time to make it a men thing too if they insist on banning abortions.

Anyway here is the  bit from the Madame X tour

I truly feel Madame X II may be what comes down the pipeline, tone and inspiration wise. I believe she could still cleverly disguise everything in dance songs of course, but MDNA and Rebel Heart were not or at atleast not strongly politically motivated albums. Madame X clearly was and the political climate in the country feverish high right now. M could take the Kylie route with some country or disco album but that’s not Madonna. Abortion is like one of a dozen decisions flying out the Supreme Court right now so there’s plenty of material she could/would address in lyric.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

What really bothers me in your diatribe is you putting the emphasis on rape as if it's the only good reason for a woman/girl to have an abortion.

You don't have to be bothered because the only reason you were bothered is because you misunderstood and distorted what I said.

Of course abortion is woman's right. And I even use the word "even" 

At the time, the Catholic community and the Pope banned even victims of rape from having abortions.

That sentence emphasizes the absurdity of Catholicism and pope behavior, and it makes no sense how you spread falsehood by distortion that I only sympathize with rape victims.

10 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

This is so fucking true. Ugh. The song is brilliant in its own way (and the video like you say) we need a God Control type take on abortion. I think mama is gonna do what she does best. 

I feel like this has ignited a fire in her -- for all women. Ugh. I can't imagine. Even looking at the judges like C, Thomas...that mother fucker gets to decide?!! Back to mom tho...even if she makes a video...people gonna slam her and say "she's profiting" off peoples emotions blah blah blah just like they did when God Control came out. We shall see tho.

I know right? That's the reason I love, I mean We love that song so much. I still have faith in Madonna as a genius artist, so I have no doubt she'll give a big punch and knock them down once again.

On 6/28/2022 at 2:38 PM, MadameX said:

You don't have to be bothered because the only reason you were bothered is because you misunderstood and distorted what I said.

Of course abortion is woman's right. And I even use the word "even" 

That sentence emphasizes the absurdity of Catholicism and pope behavior, and it makes no sense how you spread falsehood by distortion that I only sympathize with rape victims.

Or you just badly worded what you meant to say.

Check your ego as well while you're at it.

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

What does it mean? Is she going to be featured on the cover of W Magazine? Or this is it? That's the photoshoot?

An article on her Pride performance was published on June 26. I'm assuming this photoshoot was just for that article.

Madonna Mined Her Own Fashion Legacy For Her Epic NYC Pride Concert