Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

3 hours ago, Semtex1 said:

I always thought it was incorrect spelling by the Americans like the word 'colour'..........but here's something i never knew...

Hair the color of corn silk is “blond,” the masculine form, though if that hair is on a woman, she is “a blonde.” Garner's Modern American Usage says “blond” is preferred in all senses as an adjective in American English; the Oxford English Dictionary says “in Britain the form blonde is now preferred in all senses.”

I always assumed there was a story why she chose to refer to the "Blond" vs "Blonde" Ambition World Tour. But I forget now lol

On 7/4/2022 at 2:10 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

290937536_578720093823972_35448329755775

Obviously we know about Toronto but where else was she threatened with arrest?? IIRC the vatican didn't cancel her shows, they called for a boycott and low ticket sales were the reason for the cancellation?

The shows were definitely canceled because of the Vatican's meddling.  Madonna was selling out across the globe.  Madonna is fundamentally correct.  They closed down cities during her previous tours.  She was extremely popular.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:53 PM, Sultrysully said:

The shows were definitely canceled because of the Vatican's meddling.  Madonna was selling out across the globe.  Madonna is fundamentally correct.  They closed down cities during her previous tours.  She was extremely popular.

One show in Rome was cancelled due to low sales influenced/caused by the Vatican calling for a boycott. The first show went on as planned. Here we can see the preview of what we can expect from the biopic.

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

Add Gaga to the list of reworked collaborative back catalogue songs. Can you image an actual Gaga feature on Express Yourself tho! 
hilarious if they did that. 

it would be indeed, but gaga doesn’t strike me as a humorous person, even though they’ve supposedly made up.

She looks great on that Tik Tok. 

The Gaga/Madonna thing was something blown out of proportions by fans, the press and their entourage which is sad because what they have in common is more important than what separates them, same with Janet & Mariah, i mean they are the only other human beings they can relate to in terms of their uncommon life experience. This feud is as old news as the person who fueled fire to it : Perez Hilton. I don't know about a collaboration but just hanging out together and showing support would be great.