Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

11 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

These types of posts are not necessary. If this was directed at another member you would receive a warning, and you are directing it toward the person that this entire forum is dedicated to. Whether she reads it or not.

Hate in any form is not freedom of speech. 

I would argue that criticizing someone’s style or image is not hate. It may be unkind of this member to state that he/she thinks Madonna looks like a fat slob rapper, but unkindness isn’t up for censorship as far as I have understood. Madonna is living her life regardless of anyone’s opinion. If any of us has a negative opinion about Madonna’s choices in image, style, art, or anything else she makes public, surely we have to all accept that form of expression because this is a forum dedicated to a woman who fights for all freedom of expression, and not just the expression that suits her, or you for that matter. I find it dangerous to claim that anything you deem hateful is not freedom of speech. 

3 hours ago, Alibaba said:

I would argue that criticizing someone’s style or image is not hate. It may be unkind of this member to state that he/she thinks Madonna looks like a fat slob rapper, but unkindness isn’t up for censorship as far as I have understood. Madonna is living her life regardless of anyone’s opinion. If any of us has a negative opinion about Madonna’s choices in image, style, art, or anything else she makes public, surely we have to all accept that form of expression because this is a forum dedicated to a woman who fights for all freedom of expression, and not just the expression that suits her, or you for that matter. I find it dangerous to claim that anything you deem hateful is not freedom of speech. 

Oh come off it. This is a Madonna fan forum. Calling her a “fat slob”should be an immediate ban. Those are not the words of a fan nor are they the words of somebody who respects women. It is not “deemed hateful,” it IS hateful. There’s no debate there.

10 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

You are certainly able to not like stuff. But alot of people who dislike certain eras (mainly this one) seem to talk in absolutes, as if this era is somehow the one that defines her for life. She's somehow a new person/ will never change again. Since when has she ever been the same? Is True Blue Madonna the same as Erotica Madonna? Is Ray of Light Madonna the same as American Life Madonna? Rebel Heart Madonna isn't even close to Madame X Madonna. And everyone treats her little collabs as if it's MEANT to be taken as an era of it's own. It just baffles me.

Hey You doesn't erase the Confessions era. Love Makes the World Go Round/Jimmy Jimmy doesn't negate Open Your Heart and Papa Dont Preach. and MDNA doesn't erase her entire career. (I know you didn't say these specific things, Im just using them as an example)

When I was a teen I thought her Something to Remember/Evita era lasted for eternity!!!!  It was so boring and slow. I just wanted something to dance to. I thought I'd never see the light at the end of the tunnel. Imagine if she did stay in that era for the rest of time. 

As far as I'm concerned I have never spoken in an absolute way (then if someone has done it I don't know because I can't read everything), I can speak for myself, I haven't spoken about decades and moments of her career because each of us has his personal taste, regarding negative comments (I'm not talking about insults) I personally prefer to read a forum where each user expresses his point of view which includes both positive and negative comments.just as I don't think reading negative comments can affect our lives, the same thing for the positive ones, it's a discussion forum,.As far as I'm concerned I've read many times "you don't like what she does unfollow the artist who won't hear yours lack ", i don't think anyone can decide what a person should do.I've read many comments that I have often found childish, and I think more education and respect are needed, in fact I almost never participate in any discussion. Regarding insults, I think that if I'm not interested in an artist I won't go see her nor to comment or insult but I think that a person can easily say if what is proposed today may be liked or not without being told "old fans, you stayed 40 years ago" because what I've always read have been insults to those who think differently.

Honestly, I prefer reading a forum where people express their opinion than reading continuously in each post the copy an paste" this is fantastic i love it amazing , soo sweet  " this is my personal point of view.

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

If nobody cares why are her staff and she responding to it directly though? I think it’s gotten worse recently, everyone is chiming in including the media and many fans who used to defend her have turned on her as well.

I mean in general. People vent their frustrations all the time on social media. At the end of the day their words mean nothing to say, Me. We all just trying to survive. The same could be said of Madonna. That's my opinion anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I mean in general. People vent their frustrations all the time on social media. At the end of the day their words mean nothing to say, Me. We all just trying to survive. The same could be said of Madonna. That's my opinion anyway. 

Well you are lucky you either have a thick skin or have never been a target. Because I see others I know very upset and effected by the bigotry, racism, sexism, homophobia etc that is rampant all over social media/the internet. Words can really hurt people. Including celebrities who are not immune to hateful comments.

Just now, Blue Jean said:

Well you are lucky you either have a thick skin or have never been a target. Because I see others I know very upset and effected by the bigotry, racism, sexism, homophobia etc that is rampant all over social media/the internet. Words can really hurt people. Including celebrities who are not immune to hateful comments.

Sure. But...when you understand how cause and effect works...im literally giving zero fs to some rando online spewing hate. At the end of the day someone is preaching their version of reality. Then it becomes their problem not mine. I just find it amusing that people post comments on her social media thinking she cares. She doesn't. Words do have a powerful affect if you let them in. 

23 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Sure. But...when you understand how cause and effect works...im literally giving zero fs to some rando online spewing hate. At the end of the day someone is preaching their version of reality. Then it becomes their problem not mine. I just find it amusing that people post comments on her social media thinking she cares. She doesn't. Words do have a powerful affect if you let them in. 

I think people have a right to not be bullied or cop abuse on the Internet. Not everyone has the mental strength you do and to expect that is really letting these trolls off the hook.

I also personally believe Madonna does care. It’s all spelled out in Joan of Arc. And on many occasions she has spoken back at trolls and haters. She also has a close staff member addressing it in lengthy essays. People that don’t care usually don’t respond. She’s human and the comments are brutal and excessive.

58 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think people have a right to not be bullied or cop abuse on the Internet. Not everyone has the mental strength you do and to expect that is really letting these trolls off the hook.

I also personally believe Madonna does care. It’s all spelled out in Joan of Arc. And on many occasions she has spoken back at trolls and haters. She also has a close staff member addressing it in lengthy essays. People that don’t care usually don’t respond. She’s human and the comments are brutal and excessive.

Yes we are human. And we also have good and bad days. I also have the luxury to delete my social media, this is my only "social" outlet (online). With that being said, I think she was talking more of the critics and peers. Trolls are not critics. I feel like she has been in the industry long enough to know the difference. 

Is there ever any middle ground?

I find everyone calling her names and being cruel is wrong, ridiculous, and a waste of time.

But so is a lot of the reaction from her fans every time. We don't understand art or aren't forward thinking because we aren't living for her drinking from a dog bowl? Come on. 

Her big controversies have usually been about something important. This time it's ageism. And I think she put up a great fight against it (since she was in her 30's!!). But FOR ME, it doesn't feel genuine anymore. It feels like antics for antics sake. And depending on the Madonna you talk to, she'd tell you that's exactly what the Sex Book period was. For me, in her own words, she has just been turning over apple carts the last few years. And then what? What's the point? Everyone looking at the upside down apple cart?

Quote someone else. Quote your eyebrows.

28 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Is there ever any middle ground?

I find everyone calling her names and being cruel is wrong, ridiculous, and a waste of time.

But so is a lot of the reaction from her fans every time. We don't understand art or aren't forward thinking because we aren't living for her drinking from a dog bowl? Come on. 

Her big controversies have usually been about something important. This time it's ageism. And I think she put up a great fight against it (since she was in her 30's!!). But FOR ME, it doesn't feel genuine anymore. It feels like antics for antics sake. And depending on the Madonna you talk to, she'd tell you that's exactly what the Sex Book period was. For me, in her own words, she has just been turning over apple carts the last few years. And then what? What's the point? Everyone looking at the upside down apple cart?

Quote someone else. Quote your eyebrows.

Has anyone thought that perhaps drinking from a dog bowl is a metaphor for something else? When I watched that video I knew it was gonna cause an uproar. I think the point is, whatever she does she is labeled something disgusting. Nobody had any issue with her drinking milk from a pet dish, but this time she's lost her mind? She's pioneered many avenues in her career. I'm personally glad she is at a point where she is not taking herself as seriously. Seems like everyone else has a problem with her living her life, except her. People like to destroy their idols. 

46 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Nobody had any issue with her drinking milk from a pet dish, but this time she's lost her mind?

I do not really care if she drinks from a dog bowl... if that is what she wants to post pictures of... so be it... but maybe the difference for people is the settings... Everybody knows that a multi-million music video is telling a story, but not everybody understands that maybe the Madonna presented on her Instagram is as much a fictional persona as the one in the music video.

The tide is turning on insta social media Facebook and twitter. We seem to be verging on a time where narcissistic qualities and behaviours are becoming fatiguing. The zeitgeist is passing. There’s a shift coming. It’s reached saturation point and engagement is shifting away from it. Thank god. The fucking queerbating by young buff straight lads with no tops on touching and going to kiss each other constantly pushed on me by insta is intolerable. The algorithm is eating itself and people are wising up. 
Madonna really jumped on this medium but what will she do next? It will be interesting to see. I hope the social media years and the last decade of her trolling and interacting won’t be a defining point of her legacy personally. 

I think the person who says the problem is that she does not smiles anymore in her pictures is totally right. Before she had a very shining and lovable smile, now she is always like with hard facial expression in all the pictures, add to this the brutal photoshopping and voila, we don´t see her anymore as she was. Why this cold expression all the time?