Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

What Jackie said ^^

2 hours ago, Jackie said:

I agree, but this line 'Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions ' - is very ambiguous and indicates additional material not originally included will be included....what this is, is anyones guess and whether it does become that, who knows. 

It's also clear that this re-release campaign will be going for a long time - and this year, we got so much already! It's been an amazing year - FEL, Erotica PD, Who's that Girl, Everybody + the singles re-issued onto streaming!

Yes I agree Jackie - when we see fans making statements suggesting we were promised / or advised or it was announced that there would be 'unreleased' tracks' or 'demos' included in the campaign, other fans may see it as fact and then it just creates a false narrative and sets fans up for disappointment if the first expanded edition does not include any unreleased tracks or demos etc

45 minutes ago, Shoful said:

This has been the most boring anniversary campaign I’ve ever seen. No hype. Boring releases. No laid out plans. 
Why do some fans find it so hard to see the truth. Let’s call a spade a spade this campaign SUCKS. 

We have had an album (FEL) with promo this year and 3 special anniversary releases (plus many digital releases). It's a multi year campaign which takes planning etc 

10 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

We have had an album (FEL) with promo this year and 3 special anniversary releases (plus many digital releases). It's a multi year campaign which takes planning etc 

Digital releases of already existing EPs isn’t really apart of the campaign they were doing that far before the announcement. Also them uploading already released unaltered content is our standard?

Her promotion for the first album (FEL) was an NFT event and an isolated disco party. There was barely any press. She did almost zero interviews for it. Does anyone really think it was a smart idea to make a massive remix album the first release of this project instead of a massive album release like LAV or True Blue or LAP? I’m not evaluating the potential of the future. I’m evaluating what has been released so far which are very band standards. If they were this unprepared that far out it shouldn’t have been announced so early. There’s zero communication on the project from Warner or Madonna’s team on it either. The only people actually following this is a very limited hardcore fanbase (which I assume is not the goal of it). 

Idk that’s just my take on it. Will I be excited when things actually start happening… Yes. But should we be praising this past year as a great reissue campaign… I don’t think so🤷🏻‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Digital releases of already existing EPs isn’t really apart of the campaign they were doing that far before the announcement. Also them uploading already released unaltered content is our standard?

Her promotion for the first album (FEL) was an NFT event and an isolated disco party. There was barely any press. She did almost zero interviews for it. Does anyone really think it was a smart idea to make a massive remix album the first release of this project instead of a massive album release like LAV or True Blue or LAP? I’m not evaluating the potential of the future. I’m evaluating what has been released so far which are very band standards. If they were this unprepared that far out it shouldn’t have been announced so early. There’s zero communication on the project from Warner or Madonna’s team on it either. The only people actually following this is a very limited hardcore fanbase (which I assume is not the goal of it). 

Idk that’s just my take on it. Will I be excited when things actually start happening… Yes. But should we be praising this past year as a great reissue campaign… I don’t think so🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree, but I think the genuine lack of interest outside of her small circle of stans on instagram and tiktok hasn't helped either. There seems to have been an attitude that because it's Madonna it'll sell off the back of her name without any care or effort put in and that the few remaining fans she has should be grateful for whatever scraps we get thrown. Yes there have been several releases this year but none of them without issues, both physical and digitally they keep missing the mark as they chuck stuff out with little care for quality or value. Putting things out digitally which should've and could've been available years ago is not a celebration. It all smacks of too little, too late. Personally I'm starting to think this whole project would've been much better co-ordinated without her involvement.

21 minutes ago, Shoful said:

The digital releases are absolutely part of the campaign. I personally think FEL was a great first album under the campaign but that's subjective I guess. The other special releases were also good. 

The reality is, they are not going to announce anything until pre order is ready and that makes sense.

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

The digital releases are absolutely part of the campaign. I personally think FEL was a great first album under the campaign but that's subjective I guess. The other special releases were also good. 

The reality is, they are not going to announce anything until pre order is ready and that makes sense.

Same - FEL was amazing! 

6 hours ago, Shoful said:

This has been the most boring anniversary campaign I’ve ever seen. No hype. Boring releases. No laid out plans. 
Why do some fans find it so hard to see the truth. Let’s call a spade a spade this campaign SUCKS. 

Of course it has been boring.

It didn't even start lmao. 

The main event are the album re-releases...and that's still to come. Her first album wasn't released 40 years ago yet. It's clear that's what they are waiting for. 

40 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Of course it has been boring.

It didn't even start lmao. 

The main event are the album re-releases...and that's still to come. Her first album wasn't released 40 years ago yet. It's clear that's what they are waiting for. 

Have you just woken up lol, everything released this year is part of the anniversary

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

3 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

Have you just woken up lol, everything released this year is part of the anniversary

The main event for this deal was never about Frozen remixes and droplets and digital-only single releases. 

The main thing are the album releases that we know are coming and those are yet to start. That's why the other user said it's been uneventful.

7 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

The main event for this deal was never about Frozen remixes and droplets and digital-only single releases. 

The main thing are the album releases that we know are coming and those are yet to start. That's why the other user said it's been uneventful.

All the Finally Enough Love releases, the Who's That Girl/ Causing A Commotion EP, Erotica picture disc, Everybody 12" are all part of the anniversary.

1 minute ago, theglamorous said:

All the Finally Enough Love releases, the Who's That Girl/ Causing A Commotion EP, Erotica picture disc, Everybody 12" are all part of the anniversary.

But then again... has anything really been promoted as "40 years/40th anniversary..."? I mean, there were no specific stickers or adverts anywhere. I fear this whole anniversary thing is mainly a fan fiction. 

1 hour ago, FallingInLove said:

But then again... has anything really been promoted as "40 years/40th anniversary..."? I mean, there were no specific stickers or adverts anywhere. I fear this whole anniversary thing is mainly a fan fiction. 

MDYtODkzNS5qcGVn.jpeg

then why does the Hype stickers on everybody rsd read:
"EVERYBODY

40TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED COLLECTOR'S EDITION

MADONNA'S VERY FIRST 12"" SINGLE REMASTERED AND PRESSED ON 180G AUDIOPHILE BLACK VINYL''

I think only FEL and Everybody are part of the reissues since they are the only releases with the Rhino logo, not even the Who's That Girl (Super Club Mix) has it from what i've just checked on Discogs ( i don't own a copy so maybe someone could clarify this). IMHO only Rhino releases are part of the campaign, the other releases are just regular Warner re-releases that would have happened anyway.

In any case i reserve my judgement until the first reissue of an album.

(i'm not fond of FEL but i consider this an apetizer, they needed a compilation as an introduction and since there are many already they went for this IMO)

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

MDYtODkzNS5qcGVn.jpeg

then why does the Hype stickers on everybody rsd read:
"EVERYBODY

40TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED COLLECTOR'S EDITION

MADONNA'S VERY FIRST 12"" SINGLE REMASTERED AND PRESSED ON 180G AUDIOPHILE BLACK VINYL''

Ooops, sorry about that :) Well, ok, it's an explicit anniversary sticker, but only for this single, right? It's not a big campaign. 

4 hours ago, theglamorous said:

I don't know why you're trying so hard. The original PR statement literally stated what this deal was all about and it wasn't about releasing a remix collection or tracks we already have. 

2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music’s catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog, Recorded Music, with the first release to be announced soon.

The bolded part was the main selling point of this deal. It's not weird that people can feel underwhelmed by digital releases of songs they had for decades. You really think if this PR statement was about re-releasing Everybody, Who's That Girl (singles) and a remix collection that people would've been excited? 

My point is...yeah it's okay to enjoy these smaller releases, i do too... but this isn't what most people are waiting for. It's the album reissues and while we don't get those, it's okay if some are disappointed, that's all.

13 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I agree with all your posts.  I think it's coming down to some being impatient.   This year, we received a lot in a short span as you expressed. I can't think of year since the 80's we got so much in one year.  I realize it's not having the same impact as in the past, but the truth of it is, her 40th Anniversary starts with 'Everybody'.  It's becoming clear to me, they are doing this somewhat chronologically.  The Frozen mixes may have not originally been part of the plan, but it was an added bonus, helping her increase her streaming presence  which most fans were begging for.  Like you mentioned, FEL was very much part of this campaign, and I suspect Warners was itching for Madonna to do another Greatest Hits, and the compromise came to doing it by celebrating her 50 number one dance hits.  When the original campaign was announcement, people were quick to read more into what was being said, setting themselves up for disappointments.  I expect more disappointments will come along the way, when the expansive re-issues start being released and don't include demos or unreleased material.  I can already see the meltdowns of people saying, "but it said, we are getting unreleased and demos" when it never did say that.  Anyway, I hope we do get some unreleased material, but I think the 40th Anniversary celebration is going to start next year when her first album and follow up singles to "Everybody" hits their 40th. 

1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I don't know why you're trying so hard. The original PR statement literally stated what this deal was all about and it wasn't about releasing a remix collection or tracks we already have. 

The bolded part was the main selling point of this deal. It's not weird that people can feel underwhelmed by digital releases of songs they had for decades. You really think if this PR statement was about re-releasing Everybody, Who's That Girl (singles) and a remix collection that people would've been excited? 

My point is...yeah it's okay to enjoy these smaller releases, i do too... but this isn't what most people are waiting for. It's the album reissues and while we don't get those, it's okay if some are disappointed, that's all.

So Madonna signed back with Warner and just by coincidence they had a load of releases lined up.... M'kay

16 hours ago, Shoful said:

For some.  A large majority of us absolutely loved "Finally Enough Love".  I really don't know may other artists that go back and give a compilation of this extent to fans.  Usually just a rehash of previous GT hits with a few singles from their latest albums. A huge part of her career has been on the dancefloor so it was  amazing for her to give this the nod it finally deserved and us able to get all these remixes in one spot.  the DJ list alone looks like a walk through club culture from the 80's.

The extras with Everybody and Erotica pic disc have been something she has never done before.  There has always been a lot of whinging that she never celebrates or looks back.  This is just the beginning.......

10 hours ago, FallingInLove said:

It's all bloody fan fiction. There's pages and pages about a nonexistent tour as well. 

8 hours ago, FallingInLove said:

Ooops, sorry about that :) Well, ok, it's an explicit anniversary sticker, but only for this single, right? It's not a big campaign. 

Well, "Everybody" is the only thing in her career that has turned 40 so far.  That said;  FEL is totally a nod to her 40 years in the music business and it's been promoted that way.  The campaign is just getting started.  It appears they are doing some of this chronologically.  I'm sure next up we'll be seeing a re-issue and/or nod to Burning Up, followed by Holiday and then the debut album by next summer. 1983 was the year her debut album was released, so it makes sense to wait until that officially turns 40.  Also, keep in mind this campaign has been described as a "multi-year" project.  There is no way they are just going to release everything at once.  And why would they? I'm sure they are following somewhat of a chronological anniversary pattern.  For instance, we may get something for the debut album and Ray of Light, being the latter is going to turn 25.  It's the wait that is killing people here, and I can relate, but the longer the wait, the better chance we are getting the 'goods'.   Otherwise, they could just quickly re-issue the albums with nothing much but what was originally released, possibly in some box set.  I don't believe that is the case here.  They mentioned "expanded" sets, so there is more coming.