Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

I really don't ever see it as copying, if we go that route, how many things has Madonna copied. Blond hair was done by others before it was done by her. Drawn in beauty marks were done long before Madonna darkened hers. There is nothing new under the sun.  That swing or whatever it was Madonna was hanging from wasn't made specific for her.  People were hanging laundry on those for centuries.

lol

Madonna fans freaking out about others being reductive and copying her is laughable to me, Madonna herself makes little effort to conceal the fact that she wears her influences on her sleeve such as David Bowie who basically invented the stage theatre she would make use of throughout her career or aping Marilyn Monroe to an almost nauseating level. Madonna's main legacy is as a popularizer of existing methods and ideas, she has stayed true to her artistic visions in a way I admire more than nearly anyone else but I wish fans would stop acting like she was an inventor. Madonna's career is legendary and speaks for itself so if Miley wants to pay tribute to a legend by blatantly copying her, its nothing Madonna has not done herself.

11 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I love it every time I see these artists copying everything Madonna did at the time and I don't see it as something negative but rather a way of paying tribute to the BEST ARTIST OF ALL TIME

Exactly and Miley is so talented. I love her

Madonna was largely inspired by other artists throughout her career and particularly by Marilyn for a long time. I don't see the problem that today's artists are inspired by her work.
Miley is inspired by Sex released 30 years ago ? 
Cool, Madonna was inspired in 1984 by a film released 30 years earlier for the Material Girl video. What Marilyn's fans could think at the time! + all the rest she has copying
As Troubadour said, she aped Marilyn Monroe to a very high level

Why suddenly it is seen as negative or copying when Miley references Madonna in her work ??? It's great and she looks stunning. Madonna is an icon, a legend, it's natural artists reference her the way she references other legends herself. Artists are also muses, here to inspire. It's concomitant. Only stupid people see that as copying or worst, pretend the inspiration is not there. All artists take from other artists, there's no artist who has not taken from another one or have been inspired by another one. This is really great and i'm glad someone like Miley aknowledges Madonna at the time the world seems to be so against her just like Madonna dueted with Miley when the world was against her right after the MTV Awards scandal (and M fans were soooooo against it and some still are) That's sorority right there. Hopefully fans won't turn this into a negative and push Madonna to see it as a negative just like she wrongly did with Born This Way because fans and the press twisted her arm into making a bad soap opera episode of the whole thing. 

Madonna currently trending on Twitter for all the wrong reasons again. I'd hold off on that tour announcement and do some damage control because aside from going viral with a song nobody really cares about, she's really at a low point in her career with no discernible hits for a very long time and a public image that does not resonate with the general public. She really has backed herself into a corner and it feels like the early 90s again.

It's coming from a extreme right wing media, saying that she adopted her children to “expose them to homosexual and transgender propaganda”. Probably related to David Banda wearing a dress (because they're quoting that situation), and using a supposed accusation from Malawi's government.

There's not a single serious media reporting on this: just blogs from random people. While some of “official” sites that are talking about it, are affiliated to the Russia government, so… be careful with what you read and with what you share.

If you see her trending, it's because the algorithm knows that you're interested in her and prioritizes content about M. Not because she's actually trending for everyone or something important has happened. 

19 minutes ago, alvaroliam said:

It's coming from a extreme right wing media, saying that she adopted her children to “expose them to homosexual and transgender propaganda”. Probably related to David Banda wearing a dress (because they're quoting that situation), and using a supposed accusation from Malawi's government.

There's not a single serious media reporting on this: just blogs from random people. While some of “official” sites that are talking about it, are affiliated to the Russia government, so… be careful with what you read and with what you share.

If you see her trending, it's because the algorithm knows that you're interested in her and prioritizes content about M. Not because she's actually trending for everyone or something important has happened. 

Maybe this specific story, but it's not rightwing media driven disliking for Madonna and the hate feels incredibly wide spread as of late.

Outside of the fandom, it's extremely rare for me to encounter anyone who has a positive thing to say about Madonna, and almost 100% of the time, negative sentiment is rooted in her Instagram antics. This reputation isn't going to be an easy thing to overcome, and she needs the audience outside of the fandom to sell a successful tour. 

Look at the state of Madonna forums. There's a wide schism between the fans embracing Madonna of the 2020s and other fans who think this is a low point in her career. She's struggling to even keep the die hard fans on board.

Fully agree with @LoveSong -- The focus this year should be on image rehabilitation and great PR investment in reinstating her brand as the Queen of Pop. How that's done, I don't have the answers...but her status in the pop world is sorely bruised at the moment.

At the end of the day, Madonna is partially a brand. And her brand used to be rooted in quality, professionalism, athleticism, mystique, and top notch pop music. Madonna of today doesn't really seem to maintain the integrity of this brand, and it's understandable that a lot of interest is waning. The Madonna of the 2000s and early 2010s would have BROUGHT IT for a Greatest Hits Tour. Now? Eh....let's see.

This doesn't seem like the right time for her to tour, but she'll do what she wants to do. Just hope this is a resounding success and doesn't end in embarrassment and fiasco...she deserves so much more than that as a bookend to her career.

22 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Maybe this specific story, but it's not rightwing media driven disliking for Madonna and the hate feels incredibly wide spread as of late.

Outside of the fandom, it's extremely rare for me to encounter anyone who has a positive thing to say about Madonna, and almost 100% of the time, negative sentiment is rooted in her Instagram antics. This reputation isn't going to be an easy thing to overcome, and she needs the audience outside of the fandom to sell a successful tour. 

Look at the state of Madonna forums. There's a wide schism between the fans embracing Madonna of the 2020s and other fans who think this is a low point in her career. She's struggling to even keep the die hard fans on board.

Fully agree with @LoveSong -- The focus this year should be on image rehabilitation and great PR investment in reinstating her brand as the Queen of Pop. How that's done, I don't have the answers...but her status in the pop world is sorely bruised at the moment.

At the end of the day, Madonna is partially a brand. And her brand used to be rooted in quality, professionalism, athleticism, mystique, and top notch pop music. Madonna of today doesn't really seem to maintain the integrity of this brand, and it's understandable that a lot of interest is waning. The Madonna of the 2000s and early 2010s would have BROUGHT IT for a Greatest Hits Tour. Now? Eh....let's see.

This doesn't seem like the right time for her to tour, but she'll do what she wants to do. Just hope this is a resounding success and doesn't end in embarrassment and fiasco...she deserves so much more than that as a bookend to her career.

I fully agree.

35 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Are we in the Hard Candy Era all over again when she was absurdly accused of stealing kids? No because the tour after that grossed 400M dollars so if it's a sign, SLAY BESTIE 😍💅🏻 

Yeah, but she had a huge hit with 4 Minutes and the recent successes of Confessions, Live 8 and an intact public image despite that ridiculous scandal.

Some of you need to get off social media, namely Twitter.  It's a cesspit of toxicity.   As soon as she drops the tour announcement, you can bet people will be grabbing up the tickets, no matter what they think.  As Madonna has been saying, "None of this is real".  I think we need to stop paying attention to what other people say (most who have hated her all along) and just concentrate on why we love her and enjoy her.  That's all that matters. :)

I agree. Her true fans / those who are fans for decades and aren't on social media still love and respect her. 

For example my big sister who is 43. She grew up with her music and calls her one of her favorite Artists. She's not on social media and when I told her about the upcoming tour she immediately got excited and wants to see her. Not one negative word came out of her mouth

Edited by sara94 (see edit history)

Also, people who slander her wouldn't buy a ticket for her show not even if getting paid millions for that, no matter if her image is damaged by insta pics or not, so I really don't get fans who complain about this and keep saying "sHe sHoULd aPpEaL tO tHE pUbLiC" lol. Detractors and sociopaths are always there and THANKS GOD the world doesn't turn around them at all, otherwise nobody would have a life and a career. 

When Elon Musk took over Twitter i decided to quit that thing after 12 years and close to 5000 followers (mostly because of my job) but i knew i would come back so i told musk to fuck off and die, the latter going against the rules got my account suspended for good and i've never felt better in months. For like 5 years it had been a source for work and all day long i had to witness the bullshit from truly psychotic people, daily and report it. It gave me a very negative view of the world and humanity but my friends, who were not on Twitter did not understand why it dragged me down like this. It's a very negative and draining place and now more than ever, it's right wing central, full of incels, musk's fanbase.To stay there is like staying in a 3rd reich club. Save your soul and leave that place. Why on earth do you want to stay in a place with such lame people ? It's also very bad for you psyche, it gives you a wrong feeling of self importance, especially when people retweet you, especially celebrities, it gives you a fake sense of proximity too. It's all an illusion and most people don't care what's going on there. It's like a high school from hell.

I mean...these are the same people who have also accused her of being an adrenochrome drinking, Illuminati high priestess for years. Which is why I wanted a Jonas Akerlund "Illuminati" video with her as a Reptilian queen popping her pussy in Congress and eating both parties, but anyway.

Her kids look happy as fuck. I wish she'd traffic me, shit.